SkyMiles Shopping Miles Not Posting

Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
SkyMiles Shopping Miles Not Posting

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced difficulty with getting SkyMiles Shopping miles to post. I used to have no problem whatsoever - whenever I used it the miles would show up within a few days of the charge posting.

The most recent activity I see from SkyMiles Shopping was in May when they took back miles from a promotion they ran with H&R Block back at tax time. At the time this happened I attempted to contact customer service and ask why this happened, but their form failed to work and I didn't feel like investing more time to get 500 miles back. However, since this happened I have made several more purchases using their links yet no miles have posted for those.

I hate that they give you no real confirmation that the system is working other than seeing a redirect page. I installed the toolbar this week even though I hate toolbars with the hope that it will make the system work better, but I don't know the result yet. In any event, I wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience with miles not posting, and have they been responsive to missing credit requests?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, DL GM, SPG Gold
I have not had any problems with skymiles shopping miles posting. My most recent purchase through skymiles shopping was on October 23rd, and the miles posted to my account two days later.

I do agree with you though that it is frustrating that there is no real confirmation at time of purchase (other then the redirect page).

I have a Mac, so I haven't been able to try the toolbar yet.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL-PM, HHonors-Silver, Marriott-Gold
If it works, it will post quickly. I've encountered problems of miles not posting few times. I came out on the losing end because (according to the merchants) I clicked on different link. Never had one problem resolved in my favor.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
Have two big charges from Sears.com and Homedepot.com that I purchased through skymiles shopping and have not received any miles to date. this was back in May and June. I have emailed them twice and received no response. Great program..
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by lepdx
If it works, it will post quickly. I've encountered problems of miles not posting few times. I came out on the losing end because (according to the merchants) I clicked on different link. Never had one problem resolved in my favor.

Now that I think about it, I also did buy something somewhat recently from Sears through skymiles shopping and the miles haven't posted.

I don't have a ton of experience with skymiles shopping, but I bought a few items from LL Bean and the miles posted quickly. I also purchased a new bookbag from ebags on skymiles shopping and the miles also posted quickly.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
I have had a problem with miles posting from Sears as well. I've already waited the 45 days, sent in an inquiry in, waited the additional 30 days per the 1st response, sent another inquiry in for the 1st one and now am awaiting resolution.

I had one that came back earlier in the year and the retailer told SkyMiles Shopping that I called in and placed the order over the phone. I did not! But that made me start printing the order confirmations and any other communication.

C'mon, this can't really be that hard, can it?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Time Away
I have had a problem with miles posting from Sears as well. I've already waited the 45 days, sent in an inquiry in, waited the additional 30 days per the 1st response, sent another inquiry in for the 1st one and now am awaiting resolution.

I had one that came back earlier in the year and the retailer told SkyMiles Shopping that I called in and placed the order over the phone. I did not! But that made me start printing the order confirmations and any other communication.

C'mon, this can't really be that hard, can it?

Does the order confirmation that you print out show that you purchased the items through sky miles shopping? Or does it only show the website from the store/company you bought the items from?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I finally did have a purchase post from November 1. Unfortunately, I'm not too optimistic about seeing miles from the purchases I made over the summer.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by awstorm26
Does the order confirmation that you print out show that you purchased the items through sky miles shopping? Or does it only show the website from the store/company you bought the items from?
It still only shows the store/website that was purchased from. I use it to prove an online purchase was made.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: DL-PM, HHonors-Silver, Marriott-Gold
I made two purchases from Sears. One was $3K tv. I didn't get the miles because Sears stated that I clicked on their link even though Skymilesshopping.com showed that I got to sears site from Skymilesshopping.com. Skymilesshopping.com couldnt solve the problems because merchants got the calls. I think Sears probably is a scammer on this Skymilesshopping.com.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:37 am

I made two purchases from Sears. One was $3K tv. I didn't get the miles because Sears stated that I clicked on their link even though Skymilesshopping.com showed that I got to sears site from Skymilesshopping.com. Skymilesshopping.com couldnt solve the problems because merchants got the calls. I think Sears probably is a scammer on this Skymilesshopping.com.
I would keep pushing if I were you, especially if SkyMilesShopping shows your purchase correctly. That's a pretty good chunk of miles!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:08 am

I agree. I haven't purchased too many items from skymiles shopping, but the only miles that have not posted are my miles from Sears. Other than my sears miles not posting, I have had some pretty good luck with skymiles shopping. I needed a new backpack. I usually buy stuff on amazon, but I decided to look on skymiles shopping...found it for $25 less and got free two day shipping on skymiles shopping (I have amazon prime, but the item on amazon was from a third party seller, so I would have had to pay $25 more for the bag...plus shipping if I had purchased it on Amazon). Plus I got 10 skypesos per dollar spent.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:36 pm

I'm having issues with this right now...

I spent $2500 at Best Buy.com through the skymiles site on 1/1..... on 1/2 I ordered something else at Best Buy.com and Walmart.com through the skymiles site.

A few days later I got the confirmation from the purchases on 1/2, but nothing from 1/1.

So I emailed Skymiles and now they are looking into it.

My thing is I always double check to make sure that I am going through the skymiles site when ordering.

So I have no idea how long this will take, but I'm going to be pretty upset if I loose out on those 2500 mile points.....
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Officemax has not posted since October 2011. I have many inquiires submitted right now without any resolution so far. Also missing Apple store and WSJ. There was a change in vendors recently for the skymilesshopping program
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
Officemax has not posted since October 2011. I have many inquiires submitted right now without any resolution so far. Also missing Apple store and WSJ. There was a change in vendors recently for the skymilesshopping program
Never got my initial 500 points from signing up with the program now that I think of it.

I reinstalled with a new version just recently.

Don't count on these programs before you buy something. 500 miles to me isn't a big deal. The real way to earn FF miles through the airlines is to be a frequent flyer or frequent spender thru credit cards that earn FF points, not other programs like Skymiles shopping and the like.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.