Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Well, I'll be ending my run as DM ("Charter Member") without ever getting a ride from Delta -- unless they give a ride from the plane to the MARTA station on my ATL trip in a couple of weeks It wouldn't have to be a Porsche -- I'd be happy with a Honda

I did once get the "Meet & Greet" at JFK coming off a flight from DUB, which meant a cart ride to the SkyClub. It was totally worth it though, because I was traveling with a friend and he was impressed (still talks about it years later). We also both got OpUped -- though it was a PMNW 757 where the IFE was a heavy tablet thingy.
Well, I spoke too soon. My ATL flight left out of TBIT so when I went to the bus gate the agent ask if any of us waiting were medallions and another guy and I were (both DM as it happens), so she took us outside and pointed at the waiting Porsche. So I got a ride from T2 to TBIT. Not as cool as somebody with a sign on the jetway, but I'll take it
griffy208 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:11 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Well, I spoke too soon. My ATL flight left out of TBIT so when I went to the bus gate the agent ask if any of us waiting were medallions and another guy and I were (both DM as it happens), so she took us outside and pointed at the waiting Porsche. So I got a ride from T2 to TBIT. Not as cool as somebody with a sign on the jetway, but I'll take it
I got off the plane in DTW and there was a woman dressed in Purple..she did not have a sign and I had my noise cancelling earbuds in....I heard her say a name and I took my earbuds out and said ma'am...she repeated my name and I was like that is ME!...We waited for another passenger but they must have missed there name be called. Glad I asked. That has been my one and only ride. I was very happy as a PM.
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Got my first one yesterday @ DTW.

Had a 34-minute connection to SFO (yep, was booked it that way). Had to deice in MKE so we got in late. Once the door opened only had about 20 minutes until departure of the SFO flight. Driver was at the door with my name and another pax on their tablet.

Don't know if we would have made it otherwise, as we had to go from A76 to A6 (and the train isn't operating)

On the way the driver called to the gate to make sure our seats weren't given away and got us checked in.

Was sweet. 2nd ride for the other pax.

p.s. Anyone ever get the ride when going domestic to international? Have a 50-minute D-I connection in ATL on Thursday. But they need to do a passport check, so wasn't sure if they would do it or not.

Last edited by TommyD2; Jan 22, 2019 at 2:15 pm Reason: p.s.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I feel like I missed my chance last week - had SCE-DTW-ATL booked with a 30 min connection. Trip cancelled at the last minute.

I did find my couch to be more comfortable than a CRJ+Porsche, though...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TommyD2
p.s. Anyone ever get the ride when going domestic to international? Have a 50-minute D-I connection in ATL on Thursday. But they need to do a passport check, so wasn't sure if they would do it or not.
If it's all on one PNR they'll do the passport check before your first flight.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
If it's all on one PNR they'll do the passport check before your first flight.
Thanks Zorak. I know they'll do the passport verification part at MKE. But they usually do a quick check when boarding for the international one.

I suppose since the agent is just looking at it and not scanning, the 'special services' person (driver) could just as easily do that.

Now I'm probably getting my hopes up and they will be crushed
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Got my first ride today. Was booked to fly PHX-SLC-AUS in F. Rebooked PHX-MSP-SAT when PHX-SLC took delay, meaning misconnecting. (Also meant I got to skip the nightmare that is AUS with everyone flying in for SXSW)

PHX-MSP took a slight delay to inbound aircraft. However then took a slightly more delay to some issie on ground. The one hour connection went to something like 20 minutes. Of course we land at F12 and my flight to SAT is at C12. I walk off the plane and see agent holding sign with my name. I sigh at first thinking it's bad news. It's then that agent says she's here to take me to my plane. She stated she saw that my inbound was delayed, that connection was to opposite corner of airport, and that there was no other options left to get me home left that day. She was concerned I had no jacket as I wasn't planning on connecting in MSP. I happily braved the cold weather.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:07 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Lax t2 --> tibt

I was waiting for the bus at T2 to go to TIBT, heard someone ask, "Any Diamonds in the waiting area??" I looked up and saw the Porsche parking down by the bus and was like SCORE! First time. Quick ride. Another pax who was running really late jumped in too (her domestic flight was going out via TIBT) and she didn't realize (she missed it).

Was a nice little way to start off an award ski trip to Japan in D1!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I was waiting for the bus at T2 to go to TIBT, heard someone ask, "Any Diamonds in the waiting area??" I looked up and saw the Porsche parking down by the bus and was like SCORE! First time. Quick ride. Another pax who was running really late jumped in too (her domestic flight was going out via TIBT) and she didn't realize (she missed it).

Was a nice little way to start off an award ski trip to Japan in D1!
I’ve seen something similar to this before while waiting for the bus at T2. The driver was waiting inside the bus hold room area for a “VIP” and it turned out to be Cedric the Entertainer. The few of us waiting for the bus were wondering who the “VIP” would be.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
When I got my ride from T2 to TBIT they asked "Any Medallions?" Another guy and I were (at the time anyway). Another guy came with us and the agent asked "Are you a Medallion?" and when he responded no, was told to wait for the bus.

When we got to TBIT a bus was also unloading and I could tell people where looking at us to see if we were anybody famous

It was my next to last flight out of LAX as a DM and my first ride (my Jan 30 flight left from T2)
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:45 pm

Apparently DL likes me this year. Just got another ride going from S gates to B gates at SEA.

Probably would have made the connection anyway, since I had about 35 minutes from when I deplaned until my next flight was departing.

Interestingly another person also got a ride - and ended up being on my same SEA-MKE flight.

According to the special services person there are 3 Porsches at SEA (and they weren't running this morning due to some snow).
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Got a Porsche pick up going from t2-t3 at LAX. Seems to be an ongoing benefit
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
I got a pickup going T3 - T2 at LAX. There was another person on the sign, picking up two at once. I had a coworker with me and they allowed him to tag along which was nice.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Musta been a slow day in SEA. My 1st ride. The guy sitting next to me got the 2nd one.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:56 pm

SEA pick up today from S gates to baggage claim, first time for me, DM.

Happy 4th of July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.