Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
I have gotten several this year, mainly in SEA. Usually there is not a crunch for connection times, usually over an hour and they took us to the Sky Club. On New Year's Day at SEA I had a 40 minute connection with a paid pet in cabin and we had to go from S gates to A4. Surprised to see the Porsche there ready to take me to A4, Asked them to take me to the Sky Club instead so I could hit the Pet Relief area before heading to the gate and they were happy to drop me off. Got to the gate during Zone 1 boarding. It really saved me on that trip.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by mot29
I've been DM since the beginning but have only had one Porsche ride - from the old JFK T2 RJ maze to T4 and the connection was about 2 hours. Haven't gotten a ride on tight connections ever. Not sure if connection time means anythings -- maybe of too tight you don't get a ride because that would make DL responsible if you missed it.
If you are getting a ride, you won't miss the connection - at least that much is guaranteed. If too close, the driver will call ahead to GA and they will hold the flight.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Out of curiosity which airports have the Porsche transfers available? I know ATL is one, but not sure where else this option is available?
As far as I know, they are at every US hub. I received all 3 or my rides at SEA, but I have seen the cars (and the driver waiting inside the JetBridge with his iPad *not* showing my name) at SLC, LAX, ATL, and JFK. I have never seen them at MSP or DTW, but I am pretty sure that I have read here that they do it there, too.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Paplover
I have gotten several this year, mainly in SEA. Usually there is not a crunch for connection times, usually over an hour and they took us to the Sky Club. On New Year's Day at SEA I had a 40 minute connection with a paid pet in cabin and we had to go from S gates to A4. Surprised to see the Porsche there ready to take me to A4, Asked them to take me to the Sky Club instead so I could hit the Pet Relief area before heading to the gate and they were happy to drop me off. Got to the gate during Zone 1 boarding. It really saved me on that trip.
More or less the same for me. 3 times in the last 12 months at SEA. Two of them were for 35 minute connections with a delayed inbound that shortened to ~20 minutes, once I had a 2 hours + connection where they walked me up the outside stairs to the A concourse Sky Club.

It's definitely not every time though. During that same period I have had probably 15-20 short connections in SEA, including one where the inbound was late and they didn't have a gate for us, so they parked at a "cargo pad" and bussed us to the B concourse. There were 2 Porsches waiting when I got off of the plane, but neither was for me. I had to wait for the bus to fill, ride to the terminal, then take the train around to the A gates. Last one on board and door closed behind me. The nice thing was that the GA said "We've been waiting for you, Mr Qwkynuf! as I speedwalked up to the gate area. I told them that I wasn't sure that I was going to make it due to the time on the train, etc, and they said that they knew that I was on my way and weren't worried.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:48 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Has anyone gotten a ride at LGA?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I had 20 minutes at SLC from F1 to C7 and was hoping for a ride. Nada. for the 4.2MM DM. Darn the air is thin for flat land boy like me.
monitor and TheHorta like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Delta hates me.

Not only have I never had the Porsche Experience, but it has actually been yanked away from me like Lucy with the football when @Delta said they requested the Porsche at ATL on a very tight connection, only to be met at the jetway, not by a driver, but by a GA with a boarding pass DOWNGRADING me into main cabin on the next flight out on a paid F fare.

To add insult to injury, our checked bags made it off the plane and onto our original flight. LOL.

Talk about pouring salt into a wound.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:40 am
pvn
Suspended

You requesting a porsche and not getting it is hardly yanking it away from you
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pvn
You requesting a porsche and not getting it is hardly yanking it away from you
It wasn't TheHorta who requested it.

I hope TheHorta got well paid for the downgrade.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:18 pm

I was taking some poetic license.
rogo likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:53 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by sethb
It wasn't TheHorta who requested it.

I hope TheHorta got well paid for the downgrade.
Even having an agent on twitter request it and not getting it is not "yanking it away".
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by pvn
Even having an agent on twitter request it and not getting it is not "yanking it away".
It certainly feels like it when there's a DL employee waiting at the door, asks for me by my last name -- at which point I'm all smiles, thinking I'm about to do the Sha-na-na to my first-ever Porsche -- only to be handed a downgraded BP to another flight... and THEN to discover that my checked bag made it onto my original flight.

Yeah... while you may technically be correct, it certainly felt pretty "yanked away" at the time.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Got a ride today at JFK. Inbound flight arrived at T2, and they drove me to the T4 skyclub. Second pick up for me. First time was at ATL. Always appreciated!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL DM
Late but got picked up at MSP in November, arriving from MCI and connecting to LAX. PM+1 on award travel, had a 3rd pax in the car as well but didn't ask her status. Doubt that'll happen again anytime soon.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Well, I'll be ending my run as DM ("Charter Member") without ever getting a ride from Delta -- unless they give a ride from the plane to the MARTA station on my ATL trip in a couple of weeks It wouldn't have to be a Porsche -- I'd be happy with a Honda

I did once get the "Meet & Greet" at JFK coming off a flight from DUB, which meant a cart ride to the SkyClub. It was totally worth it though, because I was traveling with a friend and he was impressed (still talks about it years later). We also both got OpUped -- though it was a PMNW 757 where the IFE was a heavy tablet thingy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.