Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Got my first ride in the Porsche yesterday... perhaps my first because I've been connecting more through DTW lately. Much better than the hike from F3 to A5!!!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I wish they had this in DTW - even if it was a porsche SUV for the winter weather. Then I could hope for a ride from C38 to A72 to beat the 32 minute connections they have been scheduling me for.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: Delta
Smile Elite Services

WOW...what a service experience!

This was the first time in 25 years of flying Delta that I have ever been met at the exit of the aircraft door. MY flight was running 20 minutes behind schedule due to weather on my inbound to ATL. This only left me about 20 minutes between connections. As I exited the aircraft door there was a young man with my name on a sheet of paper. I said that's me and he said "give me your luggage... I have a vehicle waiting outside to take you to your connection".

We step outside and down the steps. He had the hatch open to a Porsche SUV and said "I'll have you to your connecting gate in 60 seconds." He wasn't kidding. We took off across the tarmac and pulled up to the B Gates from A. He said "you take off go up the steps and I'll bring your luggage." He got to the door before I did, open the door, and continued with me across the hall to my departing gate. He thanked me for the dedication to Delta and said goodbye.

I have been Diamond for several years and a 3 Million Miler...but all I can say is "I'M IMPRESSED'!!

This is shades of Delta service prior to 911. I like the change Delta!! Keep it up.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
I joined the club yesterday .. A true "surprise and delight!" Arrived at E17 from MCO and was dreading my hike to B37 to SNA with only 36 minutes due to a late arrival. I was sitting in 5D (upgraded from a U ticket) and as I rounded the corner to the jetway a man looked right at me and said my name. I said "that's me" and he took my bag and asked me to wait with him. He was waiting for a man in 2D and about 6 pax later started calling his name but no one answered. We waited until FC was empty and he said "I guess it's all yours" and led me down the stairs to my waiting Panamera (if I knew how to post pictures I'd show you).

We were parked next to a crew van and as the pilot came down the stairs, Larry told me "you get the Porsche, he gets the van!" As we drove to B37, Larry told me this service is for Diamonds and high-profile celebrities (last week he drove Beyonce between gates). He said it's usually for close connections and he does about 30 a day. Plans are to expand to DTW (with a GM or Ford, not a Porsche) and also to MSP, LAX and one other I forget but possibly JFK.

When we arrived at B37 I thanked him and mentioned how it brought back memories from 20 years ago when I worked ramp in ANC. We sat and talked for a few minutes about people we both may have known and as we got out I inhaled deeply and said "oh how I miss that smell of jet fuel." He laughed and said while many people tell him how they loved the ride, I was the first who ever told him I loved the smell of jet fuel.

While I was truly impressed with Larry and the service, I was really blown away when we got to the jetway and they were already boarding. Larry already had my info and logged onto the computer at the end of the jetway and checked me onto my flight, gave me his Elite Services Team card and thanked me for my business. I in-turn thanked him with one of my A Job Well Done cards. I have also emailed a kudos letter to Delta about him.

Yes, I felt like a rock star and no, I don't buy expensive tickets. But I do sit on those planes enough to have made MM in 6 years and have been DM since the program began. I am a fan and this was just icing on the cake. Thanks Delta!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Shangri-La Diamond
Smile First ride yesterday

I was picked upon arrival at A from IAD, had a tight connection to make for a MEX flight. The sign at the airplane exit had 3 names, the other 2 fellows were dropped off at B and we continued onward to E. The gentleman in the Cayenne was the supervisor of this program, Michael Cousins. He let me know Diamonds outnumber the fleet of Porsches but they do what they can to help those of us with little time. It could spoil one for future trips through Atlanta! It's truly an unexpected experience with a USA-based airline and definitely helps maintain my loyalty.

From the HVC perspective, nearly 100% of my travel with Delta is full-fare Business international, primarily to Asia and I've been Diamond since it was introduced (that's when I switched to Delta from UA). I've never had the red coat greeting at JFK or much other recognition since the beginning of Diamond status, even when my connections were very close. I did get a little thank you card from the ground staff in Manila last week as I was heading home, so they definitely were recognizing Diamonds as we boarded. This ride was completely unexpected, but leaves me hopeful for more surprises in the future.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL DM + Reserve, SPG + HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Randy_VA
It could spoil one for future trips through Atlanta! It's truly an unexpected experience with a USA-based airline and definitely helps maintain my loyalty.
What a neat experience! Hope I get to enjoy it during my next Atlanta layover.

I did get a little thank you card from the ground staff in Manila last week as I was heading home, so they definitely were recognizing Diamonds as we boarded.
I was in Manila for a work trip a few weeks ago, and I flew in business on MNL-NRT (I upgraded from Y fare to Z using miles). Like you, I received a hand-written card when boarding from one of the gates agents, and once in my seat one of the flight attendants greeted me by name and thanked me for my loyalty. Was really nice to see them recognizing Diamonds.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Still waiting to see the elusive Porsche. I guess I'm not HVC enough with my M or S fare tpacs to qualify on a 25 min connection I had in ATL a couple weeks ago.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, National
I could get used to this!

I'll add my two cents - this was the greatest!!!!

Got to HOU for my flight to ATL connecting to STL. Snow and ice in STL meant that I was expecting to be stuck in ATL for the night. I was surprised when I got to the airport that the HOU-ATL leg was delayed, meaning a potential missed connection in ATL but I was not too worked up as STL was snowed in. But, the Delta App kept showing ATL-STL on time. With a 30 minute connection (arriving at A-33 and leaving from B-26) it was going to be tight, to say the least. The irony of being late for a flight that was flying into a snow storm but leaving on time was not lost on me.

Arrived at the gate in ATL with just under 20 minutes before departure. That flight was STILL on time even though AA, WN and everyone else had canceled all their flights for the evening due to the weather. I was ready though! I had changed into my gym shoes from my dress shoes (despite the dork factor of wearing gym shoes with a suit). I was in 1C so out the door with a quick stop in the jetway to attach my backpack to the roller bag - as I looked up the guy I thought was the wheelchair attendant had a sign with my name on it. Surprised I spoke up "that's me!" I thought - wow, DL sent someone to get me on a cart to take me through the terminal. That is nice. I couldn't believe it when Kevin told me we were going out the door in the jetway to the tarmac, where the Cayenne was idling. He got one other passenger and then we took off to B - up the stairs, cut the line, in my seat in a just a few minutes and time to spare!! Kevin said that DL does this for celebrities - when I told him I was no celebrity - he said you are now!! I sure felt like it for sure. I actually got home on time (and then fought the snow and ice on the roads - but hey, it is winter).

I better never get famous, if this was regular treatment I would really get pretty full of myself for sure. This would be too easy to get used to!

Thanks Delta!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Randy_VA
I was picked upon arrival at A from IAD, had a tight connection to make for a MEX flight. The sign at the airplane exit had 3 names, the other 2 fellows were dropped off at B and we continued onward to E. The gentleman in the Cayenne was the supervisor of this program, Michael Cousins. He let me know Diamonds outnumber the fleet of Porsches but they do what they can to help those of us with little time. It could spoil one for future trips through Atlanta! It's truly an unexpected experience with a USA-based airline and definitely helps maintain my loyalty.

From the HVC perspective, nearly 100% of my travel with Delta is full-fare Business international, primarily to Asia and I've been Diamond since it was introduced (that's when I switched to Delta from UA). I've never had the red coat greeting at JFK or much other recognition since the beginning of Diamond status, even when my connections were very close. I did get a little thank you card from the ground staff in Manila last week as I was heading home, so they definitely were recognizing Diamonds as we boarded. This ride was completely unexpected, but leaves me hopeful for more surprises in the future.
Did you do the DL online profile thing before DL took it down? Wonder what your cust segment # was?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I was lucky enough to score a ride in the Porche yesterday. Flight from RDU was about 25 min late and my 45 min connection had shrunk to 20 minutes (A12-D26). Name was called as I rushed out of the plane and a gentleman was there waiting to rush me to my connection to AGS. It was a very nice touch and completely unexpected. It worked out well as the next flight was delayed about 1 hr and my arrival would have been even later on the next flight.
THANKS DELTA!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Score!

Last night at ATL. Transfer from D32 to B27, the dude brought me right to the B SkyClub, carried my bag even. The Porsche was the SUV version, but way better than walking and taking the train! Guy was waiting at the SkyBridge with a card with my name in big letters, totally unexpected. He gets a JWD. On a T fare, no less.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:05 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I saw a white Cayenne sitting outside one of the terminals while taxiing to the runway earlier today at ATL. I'm guessing there are no other Porsches just hanging out in between airplanes....
Old Apr 12, 2013, 8:54 pm

Delta has VIP Porsche service?

Just read that Delta has porsche VIP service direct to the plane skipping security.
How does it work?

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You don't skip security.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Delta has VIP Porsche service?

Yes they ended SDC and will now charge everyone lots of extra fees because they need to pay for those Porsches.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.