Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
It's a ticket to priority security. Perhaps the person who flies 6 times a year thinks this is a good value. Or maybe they think they get upgrades just for having the tag, or perhaps Sky Club access. Or maybe it's because the winning bidder has retracted 12 bids within the last 6 months and has no intention of actually paying.
Would the tags trump the lack of verbiage on the BP that they're supposed to check for?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Would the tags trump the lack of verbiage on the BP that they're supposed to check for?
In a word....no.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
I'll be going through ATL on an INTL trip in a few weeks. Is this guy only looking for the DM tags on my carry-on bags or is there any other way to connect with him to try this mysterious new amenity?
They check the inbound flights. I'm not sure how they choose what Diamonds to offer the service. Maybe someone who has the Elite Services email could ask.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
This thread is a joke, correct?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
This thread is a joke, correct?
incorrect
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Alas I was hoping for the Porsche today since my inbound flight was delayed and thought this would be the perfect chance, but no Porsche, no sign with my name!
But at least delta assist helped me to my connection and informed the Gate i was on my way
First time through ATL this year so hopefully I'll get to experience the great ride, even if it's just once
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
It would be nice to ride a ride from D to A tomorrow night. If we get in on time I will be ok. Although that assumes we get out on time from PDX.

I have a MR tomorrow so I'm going DCA-ATL-PDX-ATL-DCA. Scheduled arrival in PDX is 1229p with departure at 110p. I hope the schedule is well padded to make that 41 minute turnaround happen. I love that my boarding pass lists boarding starting 1 minute after my scheduled arrival. I assume we'll be using the emergency exits to deplane.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL-DM/ 2MM
Got the ride in the Porsche on saturday! ATL was my destination, and as I stepped off the a/c there was a guy with a signboard and my name with two others, offering us a lift. We walked down the outside stairway on the jet bridge and into the car, and I got a ride all the way to the Hertz #1-Gold flightline. Fabulous! Saved me a ton of time and aggravation going through the terminal and trains. This is a really great service for Diamonds, thumbs up.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by geoflyer
We walked down the outside stairway on the jet bridge and into the car, and I got a ride all the way to the Hertz #1-Gold flightline. Fabulous!
Okay, now this seems a bit different (i.e. the Porsche service also transfers you to rental car locations?).

Did you not have any checked luggage and did they know that?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: DL-DM/ 2MM
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
Okay, now this seems a bit different (i.e. the Porsche service also transfers you to rental car locations?).

Did you not have any checked luggage and did they know that?
I did not, but one of the other two did, and he got dropped at the terminal on the way to Hertz. The third guy was going to remote parking, and was offered a ride there but declined and took the shuttle from the terminal. The elite services guy driving (Mike? I can't find the card he gave me) entered at the rental car return and drove up the ramps to the outgoing rental area right behind the gold counter and display board. Pretty sweet. Mike was very personable and easy going, and was certainly willing to go to parking areas as well. Definitely a job well done for delta.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
While we've not seen many reports in this thread some of the other frequent traveller websites have stories about the Porsche service driving them directly to their cars in the parking garage or to the rental car counters. Seemingly most Porsche pickups have happened for people that are connecting rather than terminating in ATL so those reports seem to be much rarer than what we've been seeing here.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
I wonder if DL will come up with some lengthy mathematical formula to determine the airports most likely used for MR's and not deploy the Porsche service there; as a way to entice the most frequent fliers to go to other airports on the chance of getting the car ride?

I usually fly TPA to SAN via DTW for the extra 900 MQM's each way but once I reach DM it kind of makes me want to book an ATL layover to see what happens lol.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by pdisme
I wonder if DL will come up with some lengthy mathematical formula to determine the airports most likely used for MR's and not deploy the Porsche service there; as a way to entice the most frequent fliers to go to other airports on the chance of getting the car ride?

I usually fly TPA to SAN via DTW for the extra 900 MQM's each way but once I reach DM it kind of makes me want to book an ATL layover to see what happens lol.
just go tpa - atl - dtw - san.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
just go tpa - atl - dtw - san.
That would be pretty sweet; can I do that without additional fees that make it not cost effective? I usually book P fares until I have a status level that isn't useless.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
same thing happened to me tonight...greeted as I got off the plane with 2 others I didn't know. One was dropped at baggage, I was dropped at the rental car center and the other at short-term parking. It may have been karma as well, as I swapped seats to allow a couple to sit together.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.