Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
literally anyone can get a porsche transfer, they sell this as a paid service.
Wait...what?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by lrbenko
I was a Diamond from it's inception in 2010 to about 2015 and was never picked up in a Porsche. And I had many tight connection, some that I didn't make. Before Diamond I was their top published tier for a few years (can't remember what that was called) and never saw a Porsche then either.
While there is some overlap, I believe it only existed since 2012, so only 3 relevant years there.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone ever had a Porsche dealer pick them up in a Delta Private Jet?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
literally anyone can get a porsche transfer, they sell this as a paid service.
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Wait...what?
Google for Delta VIP Select. FT thread: VIP Select
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by kale73
Has anyone ever had a Porsche dealer pick them up in a Delta Private Jet?
Nope, but they did give me a free model car. No free model plane from Delta for my kid yet.

Originally Posted by Zorak
Google for Delta VIP Select. FT thread: VIP Select
Neat, though much more neat at the old price and without the paid first class ticket requirement.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Nope, but they did give me a free model car. No free model plane from Delta for my kid yet.

Neat, though much more neat at the old price and without the paid first class ticket requirement.
They're not free, but you can buy some DL model jets at the DL museum at ATL (or on eBay) for your kid. It would be cheaper then VIP Select service.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
While there is some overlap, I believe it only existed since 2012, so only 3 relevant years there.
I looked this up and Delta made the press release in 2009 as Diamond started in 2010.Just as point of reference.
https://news.delta.com/delta-2010-sk...fication-miles
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:55 am

I looked this up and Delta made the press release in 2009 as Diamond started in 2010.Just as point of reference.https://news.delta.com/delta-2010-sk...fication-miles
i was talking about the porsche transfer
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
i was talking about the porsche transfer
Ahh, ok, sorry.
Still, would have been nice to experience once,
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I looked this up and Delta made the press release in 2009 as Diamond started in 2010.Just as point of reference.
https://news.delta.com/delta-2010-sk...fication-miles
That coincides with my memory. I joined FT around the time of the merger (to attend a farewell to WorldPerks DO) and went from being a NW Plat (highest tier at the time, although earlier Gold was highest and there was one year that PMNW had International Plat) to a DL Charter DM.

The only time I had a Porsche ride was back to my hotel (the ATL Hilton) after a party at the DL museum, as part of a big DL ATL DO. I fly a lot of nonstops and don't book overly tight connections if I have a choice.
lrbenko likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I am siting at OKC departure gate. A 44 minute connection at ATL for JAX is now 32 minutes.
I am in 3A which is not good for a fast exit off a 320. Arrive at B19 and must get to A3.
Do I ask an OKC GA or onboard FA about whether they will call a Porsche or at least make certain I do not miss my connection?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
I am siting at OKC departure gate. A 44 minute connection at ATL for JAX is now 32 minutes.I am in 3A which is not good for a fast exit off a 320. Arrive at B19 and must get to A3.Do I ask an OKC GA or onboard FA about whether they will call a Porsche or at least make certain I do not miss my connection?
I would ask about the connection as I have found they can wait 5 minutes longer than normal to close the door if they know someone is coming.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I would ask about the connection as I have found they can wait 5 minutes longer than normal to close the door if they know someone is coming.
Thanks. I chickened-out, called DL DM and got a later connection.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
Do I ask an OKC GA or onboard FA about whether they will call a Porsche or at least make certain I do not miss my connection?
The Porsches are not a service that can be requested. It's a slick marketing play more than a way to make tight connections that you otherwise might miss. I've been surprised as a DM that there is no extra consideration to holding flights. I missed one by a minute the other day and the agent at the gate could not have cared less about my situation.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
The Porsches are not a service that can be requested. It's a slick marketing play more than a way to make tight connections that you otherwise might miss. I've been surprised as a DM that there is no extra consideration to holding flights. I missed one by a minute the other day and the agent at the gate could not have cared less about my situation.
Were you late relative to departure or door closing? If they know you're coming they'll delay the door closing by 5 minutes. But no way anybody is going to delay a departure for anybody.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.