Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by adamj023
Only thing I can think of is this additional perk added for DM customers just like what this poster said.
Uh, certainly doubt that. Can't be a DM bennie because there are probably 20,000 DM's in ATL. Just imagine the line of cars sitting on the tarmac.
That said, I have heard of UA's GS pax having a car meet them, but not on the tarmac.

Ok, now that DL has raised the bar with bennies, let's get serious about a real DM benefit for oversold flts...

http://www.airelite.com/
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
With 40,000 Diamonds they will need a fleet of these things. Particularly give that any hub flight into ATL can have 20-50 DMs it may be faster to walk then wait for the line up of cars to make its way around the concourse. It is cool but I would love to hear how they determine who gets a ride.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:40 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Now is this only for ATL terminating passengers or will they drive you to your next gate or the SkyClub?

Also, does the new ramp level D SkyClub have a dedicated Porsche loading bay?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:40 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Who's the "first" DM to post "I didn't get picked up in a Porche... I want compensation!!!"
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Maybe it will shake out like this:

DM - Porsche pickup
PM - Toyota Avalon pickup
GM - Chevy Silverado Pickup pickup
FO - 1986 Yugo pickup, with the FO having to push the vehicle for half the trip.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Originally Posted by thezipper
Who's the "first" DM to post "I didn't get picked up in a Porche... I want compensation!!!"
"I didn't get picked up in a Porche... I want compensation!!!"....Just kidding. Actually, I am MSP based - so we'd use snowmobiles, anyway.

Seems a little "over the top" for an on-going "benefit". If they really wanted to have a functional, on-going benefit - like an earlier post said - small fleet of electric vehicles or something like that.

Just a publicity stunt in my mind. Like numerous things here..."All hat, no cattle".
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by brad9696
"I didn't get picked up in a Porche... I want compensation!!!"....Just kidding. Actually, I am MSP based - so we'd use snowmobiles, anyway.

Seems a little "over the top" for an on-going "benefit". If they really wanted to have a functional, on-going benefit - like an earlier post said - small fleet of electric vehicles or something like that.

Just a publicity stunt in my mind. Like numerous things here..."All hat, no cattle".
Don't tell b0nd0. He is just looking for an email...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...e-diamond.html
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Maybe it will shake out like this:

DM - Porsche pickup
PM - Toyota Avalon pickup
GM - Chevy Silverado Pickup pickup
FO - 1986 Yugo pickup, with the FO having to push the vehicle for half the trip.
A Yugo for FO's. Surely, you mean a Trabant.

http://www.club24.sk/assets/Funphotos/Trabant-1.jpg
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:56 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And then the Shena threads if someone spots a Delta employee getting into the Prosche! Are our insiders able to check who is on Delta 911?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:57 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by adamj023
Ive been in Porsches before. They never impressed me. It is a small car designed to go high speed.
A Panamera is not your typical small car. The first time I got picked up in FRA I mistook it for a Ferrari as I did not know a 4 door Porsche sedan had just been released.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by OHDL1
A Yugo for FO's. Surely, you mean a Trabant.

http://www.club24.sk/assets/Funphotos/Trabant-1.jpg
Sweet looking ride....

So who's driving these DMs around the airfield, DL employees? I'd like to apply for that job. Is tipping "expected"?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:00 am

Classic

+1

^
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by rammer
Has anyone else received this?
wonder if they would do this for some one with checked luggage !

Bob H.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
There will undoubtedly be multiple threads either wanting compensation, complaining that the driver spoke too loudly, complaining about the car, complaining that another DM got the ride, or speculating on the chances of getting a ride after a particular flight.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:05 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobH
wonder if they would do this for some one with checked luggage !

Bob H.
You could just grab it as it came down the beltloader. No need to stop at the carousel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.