Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyClub membership: 1500 MQMs or 2 months free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub membership: 1500 MQMs or 2 months free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by doubleA
Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.

This one too.
Does this include the bartender who is trying to turn the place into a hip, luxury bar?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Of course this rule is rarely enforced:

Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere.

David
Originally Posted by doubleA
Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.

This one too.
LOL (if I weren't laughing, I'd be crying)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (PM), HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Not a horrible deal.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ucfpirate
Does anyone know how long it takes for the 1500 MQMs to post to your account? I'm about 500 MQMs short of being extending my Silver Medallion status for next year and I'm wondering if this is my best bet to get the needed miles. Last year I used a hotel promo to get the last bit of miles needed.

Thanks
Per the fine print, it's supposed to be right away at the time of purchase.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
The campaign to pack the clubs up to the rafters continues... the $50 enrollment fee for new members is waived.
Oh my god.... please stop saying something negative about every single story about Delta. It's so boring/predictable/sad... Please, stop. None of us want to hear you find the "bad side" of literally everything.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Good whether you are renewing membership or purchasing it for the first time. May be helpful for those who are this close to getting the next level of status.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...omos/index.jsp
Great promo, Delta. Keep it up!

Doesn't help me though. I am already a SkyClub member and would have been interested in the extra MQMs, but this offer only works if you pay $$$ for the membership. I use miles every year.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Oh my god.... please stop saying something negative about every single story about Delta. It's so boring/predictable/sad... Please, stop. None of us want to hear you find the "bad side" of literally everything.
The ignore function can be your friend.

Interesting comment, BTW, from someone who whines about his UG percentage in his signature line.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
So true. I began using it a few months ago and find I have a much higher level of inner peace.....
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
So true. I began using it a few months ago and find I have a much higher level of inner peace.....
Well, at least I know that I am not (yet) on your ignore list.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:22 am

Interesting comment, BTW, from someone who whines about his UG percentage in his signature line.
Ignored...

And it isn't a complaint. My upgrade percentage is a statement of fact. Just mentioned the "worst percentage ever" comment to see if I am really just that unlucky... I am definitely NOT complaining to Delta about the fact that I don't get upgraded.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
There is a slight catch to this promo. I've discovered that the 1500 MQMs are JUST MQMs and not Skymiles. So if you wanted to earn a few quick miles, this promo doesn't help.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Is this offer good if you use 40K skypesos to extend your membership also or does it have to be extended with a credit card?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is this offer good if you use 40K skypesos to extend your membership also or does it have to be extended with a credit card?
That's the question that I have too... I'm not going to get back to DM, but I can get to PM with these 1500 MQM. I'd gladly pay for the SkyClub using SM, since they're otherwise less than useful...

I just tried to do this, but when you enter the code, the only options presented are cash payment...
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by GBadger
That's the question that I have too... I'm not going to get back to DM, but I can get to PM with these 1500 MQM. I'd gladly pay for the SkyClub using SM, since they're otherwise less than useful...

I just tried to do this, but when you enter the code, the only options presented are cash payment...
I was hoping you could use miles for this It would only end up costing you 38,500 in the end seeing you get 1,500 of them back (as MQMs yet).
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:29 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GBadger

Keep in mind if you get to PM you get the option of a gift - of which you can take 20k SM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.