Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RaflW
Hi fellow FTers!
I'm working on updated for the new roll out of Comfort + (C+)
Thanks!
rwoman

On March 1, 2015, DL rebranded Economy Comfort as "Comfort+."
Delta - Comfort+
dl.com: LINK
Comfort+ FAQ - LINK
Offering:
  • C+ is a complimentary upgrade (space available) for DM and PM after booking. GM can access for free at T-72 and FO at T-24. (There is no longer a discount for GM/FO.)
  • Sky Priority boarding
  • Extra legroom and, on international a/c, extra recline
  • Free wine, spirits and regional craft beers, plus premium snacks
  • Complimentary premium entertainment from Delta Studio (No longer relevant as of July 1st; Entertainment now complimentary in Y)
  • On JFK-LAX/SFO flights, a Luvo sandwich wrap and frozen Greek yogurt bar, pillow, blanket, and sleep kit are included

A few general notes regarding DL C+:
  1. On international a/c, the bulkhead seats often have a significant amount leg room (other than the 764).
  2. The bulkhead and exit row seats are often narrower as the tray table and/or IFE unit are in the arm rests. The arm rests do not move which, coupled with a smaller seat, can be uncomfortable for larger pax.
  3. The first row of regular economy seating after EC IS NOT recommended. The last row of EC has the EC recline and members have reported that there's no extra space between this row and the first row of regular Y.
  4. Selecting C+ Seats - You cannot select or purchase C+ seats until after booking is completed on revenue or award tickets. The UG has to clear as well.
Internationally Configured Aircraft
Per DL, International/transoceanic C+ offers 35" pitch and 6" recline. (LINK)

747-400 / 744 / 74S:
  • dl.com seat map: 747-400
    Rows 22-26 - 42 total C+ seats.
  • Legroom:
    Row 22 ABC/HJK and 24 DEFG are the bulkhead seats. 22C/H are noted as having unlimited legroom and some have noted that people can congregate due to the proximity of the lavatories, which are located directly in front of the first row of C+ on the 744. 22ABC have recently received poor reviews because of the lav and galley - people tend to congregate in this area and it can become stinky. Comments on 22K indicate that pax can access the aisle without disturbing other passengers. Also, the lavatory near 22HJK is blocked for BusinessElite pax, so there tends to be fewer disturbances and become less smelly over the course of a long flight. Also, seats 22B and 22J can be used for bassinets.
    Some might prefer the legroom of row 35/51 on the 744 with less recline and tray in armrest.
  • Related Threads and Posts:
    EC Bulkheads on the 74S
    Economy Comfort on 747-400
    The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
    tentseller's review of the 744 - LINK
    Comments on seat power on the 74S - LINK

777-200LR / 777-200ER / 772
  • dl.com seat maps: 777-200LR / 777-200ER
    Rows 31-34; 36 C+ seats
    NOTE: As DL reduced the number of Business Elite seats on the 777s, rows 29-32 are now the C+ seats.
    The C+/Economy seats on a/c has winged headrests.
  • Legroom:
    Row 29/31 seats are the bulkhead seats and have plenty of leg room. Rows 30-32/32-34 are standard C+ seats with USB and plug power. Row 44 (exit row) has excellent legroom, but no power outlets. The window seat sin this row are narrower because the tray table is in the armrest does not move up. The recline is standard recline.
    IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Recent comments on row 31 and row 29 (Bulkhead C+ seats): Delta 777 Bulkhead Seat
    chimphappyhour's feedback on a 777 flight LAX-SYD-LAX in EC - LINK.
    Thoughts on Row 31 - LINK
    modhop's video of the 777 - LINK
    My thoughts on row 35, the first row of Y after EC - LINK
    My pictures of row 31 - LINK
    777-200LR Economy Comfort & exit row questions

A330-300 / A333:
A330-200 / A332:
767-400 / 764 / 76D:
  • dl.com seat map: LINK
    C+ is rows 15-18
  • Legroom:
    On the 764, the bulkhead seats (row 15) have less leg room than the 763's; there's probably about 2' or so between the edge of the seat and the wall. The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests and the tray table/IFE monitor are in the arm rests. In my experience, I felt like the A332/333 and 763's had better recline in EC than the 764.
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Note: The overhead bins above 16 CDE have emergency equipment in them and cannot be used for stowage of luggage.
    Discussion on 17E vs. 18F: LINK
    mgoflyer's negative thoughts on 15G - LINK
    tentseller's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    NecessaryIndulgence's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    My pictures of Row 15: 15E: LINK; Space between Row 15 and the bulkhead - LINK
    My pictures comparing Row 15, "regular" EC, and normal Y seats - LINK
    My pictures of 18F with 17F fully reclined - LINK
    The London FAQ also includes many comments on the 764 - FAQ: Flying to London on DL

767-300ER - 76Z (v1 and v2) / 76L (previously seen as 76W) / 76T
  • dl.com: 76Z v1; 76Z v2; 76L; 76T
    • 76Z v1 - Rows 13-15 AB CDE FG and 16-17 AB FG
    • 76Z v2 - Rows 12-16
    • 76L - Rows 16-21
    • 76T - Rows 17-21
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat. There is also USB power and standard plugs.
  • Legroom:
    The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests. On 763's with row 20 and 21 as EC seats, note these are both exit rows and seats recline in both rows.
    rwoman's pics of seats 13 FG on the 76Z v1 - LINK
    gooslee's comments on the 76L - LINK
    CarmenOM's comments on the 76L - LINK
    Y29M's comments on the 763 row 17 (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's thoughts on the modified 76 (76T) - LINK
    53flyer's comments on the modified763 row 17 and the impact on legroom (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    garyfam's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    Seat 1A's photos of 17E (EC Bulkhead - 76T) and row 22CDE (regular Y bulkhead) (76L / 76T) - LINK
    CosmoHuman's comments on the outside first row (12AB and 12FG) on the 76Z v2 LINK
    TrojanTraveler's comments on the protruding exit doors on 12A and 12G on 76Z v2 LINK
    RaflW's comments on 16AB and other nearby seats with pics for the 76Z v2 LINK

757-200 (Delta One Equipped) - 75S:

Domestic Configured Aircraft
Per DL, domestic Comfort + offers a minimum 34" pitch and normal recline. (LINK)

767-300 / 76P / 76Q
  • dl.com: 767-300 (76Q/P)
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • Legroom: Row 10 has a hard bulkhead in front of it, but the legroom is still decent. This row has an immoveable armrest and the tray table is in the armrest as well.
    gooselee's comments on row 10 - LINK

757-300 / 753:
757-200 / 757 / 75D(H)/ 75X:
Domestic 757's are referenced below. Discussion on the non-PTV 752's - LINK.
737-900ER / 739
  • dl.com: 737-900ER / 739
    C+ is rows 10-13 ABC and 11-13 DEF.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs and power.
  • Legroom:
    The general feedback is 10C and 11D may be the best seats. Overall feedback is not great.
    twnwz's experience on the 739: LINK
    Best seat on 737-900ER?

737-800 / 738 / 73H:
  • 737-800 / 738:
    • dl.com:
    • 737-800 / 738
      C+ is rows 10-15
    • IFE:
      This a/c has overhead video.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
      T.J. Bender's negative feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      cardood's thoughts on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      CBear's comments on using a rear facing car seat - LINK
      lhitchner's feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
  • 737-800 / 73H:
    • dl.com: 737-800 - 73H
      C+ is rows 10-12.
    • IFE:
      This a/c has PTVs.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
    • Related Threads and Comments:
      None

737-700 / 73W:
  • dl.com: 737-700 / 73W
    C+ is rows 10-12.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs.
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has good legroom. It is directly behind the F cabin and there is no fixed bulkhead, allowing pax in row 10 to store items underneath row 3.
    rwoman's pics of the 73W Row 10 - LINK

MD-88 / M88:
  • dl.com: MD-88 / M88
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has very good legroom.
    javabytes' post on row 11 - LINK
    Bicostal's feedback on row 10 - LINK
    rwoman's pics of row 10 - LINK

MD-90 / M90
717:
A321-200:
  • dl.com: A321
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    PTVs and Delta Studio via wifi
  • Legroom:
    RaflW's post on the 321 C+ cabin
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A320-200 / 32R:
  • dl.com: A320/32R
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments

A320-200/32K
  • dl.com: A320 / 32K
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A319-100/319
  • dl.com: A319 / 319
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    akonrandi's comments on A319/A320 seats - LINK.

A319-100/31J
  • dl.com: A319 / 31J
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    This a/c is equipped with AVOD
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    None

Flying to Hawaii in C+:
- From DL's C+ page: 3-4" (7-10 cm) extra legroom/ Up to 50% more recline on select routes (JFK to/from SFO or LAX, and ATL/MSP/or JFK to/from HNL).

Related threads and posts:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...767-300er.html

C+ and Priority Boarding/Baggage Allowance:
Passengers in C+ get Sky Priority boarding unless their elite status provides a higher boarding zonemu access. There is no additional baggage allowance unless elite status or fare class provide it.

Related threads and posts:
jamersteroh's comments on zone 1: LINK
jamersteroh's comments on baggage: LINK

Status Changes:
There have been a couple of questions regarding C+ when a member's status drops down after January 31. Typically, seats will hold unless there is an equipment change. If there's a change, the passenger(s) will most likely be seated in regular economy. There are reports of some success contacting @delta to get reseated in C+.

Related threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-ec-seats.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...op-silver.html

Threads/posts that may be useful for non-C+ information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html
Delta Preferred seating: LINK

KLM - Economy Comfort

klm.com: LINK
Related FT Threads:
KLM New no Economy Comfort on DL-coded before check-in
DL.com won't let me select seats on KLM flight
KLM Seating, Including Economy Comfort
Delta.com Says KLM Economy Comfort is Free for Delta PMs, But it's Not True
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Comfort+ Seating

Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
On DL 72 ATL-AMS in an A330-300 is there much legroom and Galley noise/light in 10G - bulkhead aisle? I prefer a window but would have to go back to row 15 or farther to get one. I only have a 1-1/2 hr connection to ARN so don't want to be too far back.

Also, I'm traveling on a Tuesday this month on a U fare. There are 10 open seats up front. As a DM do you think there's any chance I can talk the GA into an upgrade if all 10 seats are still open? Thanks for your advice!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
So I had to change an upcoming TATL ITIN where the return overwater section was on DL (AMS-DTW), but now I'm booked with a DL codeshare on KL (AMS-ATL). Not my choice, but that's how it goes sometimes.

When I rebooked, the DL agent had the KLM-o-matic auto-assign a seat because everything was blocked. I was auto-assigned 12F on a 772, which is an EC seat (aisle no less). Anyone have the ability to read the tea leaves if it will actually stick?

The KLM website is showing the seat as confirmed, but no option to change seats, which I guess is due to it being ticketed as a DL codeshare. In past experiences I have learned that even KLM.com says confirmed, it may not mean all that much.

I will report back with final results, but being 6'6" I realllly want to make sure I have an EC seat if at all possible (especially since AMS-ATL is 90 minutes longer than AMS-DTW). Any upfront guesses or past experiences appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
So I had to change an upcoming TATL ITIN where the return overwater section was on DL (AMS-DTW), but now I'm booked with a DL codeshare on KL (AMS-ATL). Not my choice, but that's how it goes sometimes.

When I rebooked, the DL agent had the KLM-o-matic auto-assign a seat because everything was blocked. I was auto-assigned 12F on a 772, which is an EC seat (aisle no less). Anyone have the ability to read the tea leaves if it will actually stick?

The KLM website is showing the seat as confirmed, but no option to change seats, which I guess is due to it being ticketed as a DL codeshare. In past experiences I have learned that even KLM.com says confirmed, it may not mean all that much.

I will report back with final results, but being 6'6" I realllly want to make sure I have an EC seat if at all possible (especially since AMS-ATL is 90 minutes longer than AMS-DTW). Any upfront guesses or past experiences appreciated.
There are some recent related KL EC threads at the bottom of the wiki.

Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
There are some recent related KL EC threads at the bottom of the wiki.

Thanks - there were some posts I hadn't seen before. Looks like things are slowly getting better, but on the whole still a mixed bag.

We shall see - I was slightly shocked I was auto assigned EC, which one has no way of telling if it was due to status or just random. I can't see the seat map on KLM.com, and on DL all seats in coach are blocked.

DL is far from perfect, but sometimes I'm just amazed how random and inconsistent KL is, especially with seats (not just EC seats... any seats).
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by cbalaska
On DL 72 ATL-AMS in an A330-300 is there much legroom and Galley noise/light in 10G - bulkhead aisle? I prefer a window but would have to go back to row 15 or farther to get one. I only have a 1-1/2 hr connection to ARN so don't want to be too far back.

Also, I'm traveling on a Tuesday this month on a U fare. There are 10 open seats up front. As a DM do you think there's any chance I can talk the GA into an upgrade if all 10 seats are still open? Thanks for your advice!
I flew MSP-AMS in 10A on an A330-300 a week ago. There is lots of legroom. I am around 5'3". When I stretched my legs straight out my feet were about 12" from the bulkhead wall.

There was some light from the galley, filtered by the curtain, which was drawn across the aisle most of the time; I used an eye mask. There was a certain amount of low level activity noise but not enough to bother me.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:14 pm

Hello...we are flying for the 2nd time ever from JFK to Barcelona for a cruise next May. Beside stressing to some degree, I did make our airline reservations after reading this site for the past 6-weeks. I hope many of you can provide me with positive or negative feedback.

1...we booked non-stop round trip from JFK to Barcelona

2...we booked our flight directly through Delta who is operating the flight even though it
is code-shared with Air France and KLM

3...the plane is an Airbus A-330-300-3L3

4...we booked Economy Comfort both ways in Row-12. The two seats next to the window.

I read that row 10 bulkhead might or might not be to our liking and, that rowc13 had no window.

I understand this type of aircraft has completed its refurb?? Our trip isn't till the end of next April so maybe other improvements could be made.

If anyone is familiar with this aircraft on Delta and in particular Economy Comfort row-12, and, has traveled this route, I would welcome your comments so I know if we made a good choice.
Dave
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave4120
I read that row 10 bulkhead might or might not be to our liking and, that rowc13 had no window.
Row 10 has very good legroom, so it depends what's important to you.

I understand this type of aircraft has completed its refurb?? Our trip isn't till the end of next April so maybe other improvements could be made.
As the A330 refurbs were completed earlier this year, I would not expect too many additional changes.

If anyone is familiar with this aircraft on Delta and in particular Economy Comfort row-12, and, has traveled this route, I would welcome your comments so I know if we made a good choice.
Dave
Row 12 are standard EC seats.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:49 pm

Will fly out from JFK to LHR next month and DL (no status) just offered one-way EC upgrade fare $99/pp. It will be 767-300ER plane. Anyone knows if it's worth the upgrade/price? TIA
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VacationCat
Will fly out from JFK to LHR next month and DL (no status) just offered one-way EC upgrade fare $99/pp. It will be 767-300ER plane. Anyone knows if it's worth the upgrade/price? TIA
Ultimately, it's up to you. The bulkhead seats have good legroom; opinions on the edit row vary because of the proximity of the lavatories.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
Ultimately, it's up to you. The bulkhead seats have good legroom; opinions on the edit row vary because of the proximity of the lavatories.
Thanks! Yes, the close proximity of lavatories is a concern...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
I recently flew the 757 version with flat beds, with EC going to Row 25. I was travelling on a last minute award ticket, so was in EC.

The plane looks nice/refurbished, and as you approach through the jetway (2L) you can see the blue accent lighting in the ceiling. (You get used to this novelty quickly.) EC starts at the door and goes to Row 25. The layout is the same as the previous 757 that they fly on this route, obviously extended to Row 25.

Aside from Row 22 not having a window, Row 23 also does not have a window (or it's so misaligned you have to recline to see out of it). For those who like windows, avoid 22 and 23.

On this trip I noticed something that's increasing: FAs who have no idea what EC is supposed to be on this route. I've had more than a few FAs who didn't know that EC was supposed to get a wrap, skipped the frozen yogurt (or whatever it is), think that stuff they pass out to EC is supposed to go to the rest of the plane, etc.

Not major things, but if they are going to offer/sell this service, they should ensure that FAs on these routes are trained. The FAs weren't being lazy, they were just clueless about the serivce. Once pax told them what to do, they happily figured it out.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Here to answer my own questions about EC on the 767v2. Tried to take as many notes as possible. Overall, not a great set-up, and I would avoid row 12 (I sat in 13).

Boarding door 2L is right in front of 12AB, so if that door is used (which is was for boarding), there is a lot of traffic. After the door is closed, that area really doesn't quiet down. The are two bathrooms directly across the aisle from 12B and 12F. Not only do folks linger here, but at least on this plane, the door made a bit of a slamming sound when closed. (Even in 13AB, we could occasionally smell the toilets, heard the door slam and toilets flush. Maybe not a big deal on a daytime flight, but would not want that on an overnight flight.)

For 12A and G, not only does the fuselage begin to intrude into the seat (so not good if you have broad shoulders), but the boarding door also intrudes a lot. The woman in 12A was thin and not too tall, and you could tell she was not that comfortable. 12B and F have unlimited legroom, but again, you have the bathroom and its traffic. The armrests were of the exit row kind, meaning that the video is in the armrest (there is no video screen on the wall in front of them on the other side of the door.)

There is no overhead for row 12, and limited overhead for 13, so you either board early or you will need to go even further back with a rollaboard.

I'd also note that the window configuration is odd, so that row 14 and 15 do not have windows. Neither does row 12.

The one upside is that row 14 CDE had a huge amount of legroom. I couldn't tell if folks walked across in front during flight.
As a follow up to this post, I have now had this plane substituted for the normal layout 3 times over the past few weeks. Aside from losing the row 13 bulkhead, those in row 17 lose their EC seats...it seems that the computer doesn't automatically put them in row 12. I noted previously that row 12 isn't great, and on each flight, the pax didn't seem to happy to be sitting there.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 1.3MM till 1/31/2015 Bye Smissek, Delta Plat. Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres. Circle
What is best practice for getting Comfort Plus seating on KLM as Delta Platinum?

Update: After speaking with another Delta rep it turns out only Delta Plat is eligible for Comfort Plus on KLM. Other members on the PNR would need to purchase this however, in order to purchase, the flight needs to be KLM flight number not Delta code share.

'm taking my first flight on Delta as new Delta Plat, after jumping ship from United as long time 1Ker, and am beginning to think United wasn't that bad. I am getting the run around on getting Comfort plus for the 3 of us on the KLM operated segment.

I am on two segment outbound international flight out of Seattle with first segment on Delta (confirmed in CP) but second segment is Delta codeshare KLM operated. Delta agent was unable to get me comfort plus at time of booking but told me it was available. Calling "KLM" service center in US was of no help and agent told me economy comfort was full after supposedly speaking with KLM in AMS, even though KLM website showed 12 open seats when I pretended to make new reservation. I have same issue on the Delta codeshare on return flight.

Would my problem be solved if I had KLM flight numbers for both outbound segments i.e. KLM codeshare Delta operated first segment and KLM operated second segment? Would this create issues getting Comfort Plus on the Delta operated first segment? Would I be able to get comfort plus on KLM website? How do I ensure I get MQD - does first segment need to be on Delta?

I still have time to cancel my reservation as I am within 24 hour window and redo booking through Orbitz or Kayak.

Last edited by HitAndRun; Aug 13, 2014 at 8:29 pm
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by HitAndRun
Update: After speaking with another Delta rep it turns out only Delta Plat is eligible for Comfort Plus on KLM. Other members on the PNR would need to purchase this however, in order to purchase, the flight needs to be KLM flight number not Delta code share.

'm taking my first flight on Delta as new Delta Plat, after jumping ship from United as long time 1Ker, and am beginning to think United wasn't that bad. I am getting the run around on getting Comfort plus for the 3 of us on the KLM operated segment.

I am on two segment outbound international flight out of Seattle with first segment on Delta (confirmed in CP) but second segment is Delta codeshare KLM operated. Delta agent was unable to get me comfort plus at time of booking but told me it was available. Calling "KLM" service center in US was of no help and agent told me economy comfort was full after supposedly speaking with KLM in AMS, even though KLM website showed 12 open seats when I pretended to make new reservation. I have same issue on the Delta codeshare on return flight.

Would my problem be solved if I had KLM flight numbers for both outbound segments i.e. KLM codeshare Delta operated first segment and KLM operated second segment? Would this create issues getting Comfort Plus on the Delta operated first segment? Would I be able to get comfort plus on KLM website? How do I ensure I get MQD - does first segment need to be on Delta?
Getting EC (even according to the JV rules) can be much more cumbersome than it should be. Codeshares add to this, because more often than not, the codesharing airline does not have access to operating airline seat inventory (at least for DL Codeshares on KL metal that is my experience).

The us KLM number routes to DL agents so this won't help the matter. KLMs twitter account may be able to help, but there are reports of them not being able to do much either for codeshares.

You can call DL and have them reissue the ticket with the KLM metal segments under KLM flight numbers. These should ticket on 006 stock and get mqd, but the KL coded segments may add cost. (If beyond the 24h window, you would incur a change fee for sure).

It sure is way more complicated than it all should be in 2014, but I don't see how it is worse than UA. I have never had any luck getting seat assignments on LH when booking via UA (plus LH doesn't even have E+ seats).
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: UAL 1K 1.3MM till 1/31/2015 Bye Smissek, Delta Plat. Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres. Circle
Woodenshoe101, thanks for reply and I agree 100%. Switching 2nd segment to KLM flight # was unfortunately not viable as there was nothing available in the same fare bucket and the fare delta was $600 / ticket so it is back of the bus for us.

I think, alliance CP benefit should be better defined and transparent. I think it is intentionally kept vague to attract flyers to alliance flights on international. In my opinion, this is a poor strategy as it antagonizes supposedly loyal passengers. Unfortunately, international airline alliances are primarily marketing alliances and it shows. As you said, no better nor worse than flying Star Alliance partners with United.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.