Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RaflW
Hi fellow FTers!
I'm working on updated for the new roll out of Comfort + (C+)
Thanks!
rwoman

On March 1, 2015, DL rebranded Economy Comfort as "Comfort+."
Delta - Comfort+
dl.com: LINK
Comfort+ FAQ - LINK
Offering:
  • C+ is a complimentary upgrade (space available) for DM and PM after booking. GM can access for free at T-72 and FO at T-24. (There is no longer a discount for GM/FO.)
  • Sky Priority boarding
  • Extra legroom and, on international a/c, extra recline
  • Free wine, spirits and regional craft beers, plus premium snacks
  • Complimentary premium entertainment from Delta Studio™ (No longer relevant as of July 1st; Entertainment now complimentary in Y)
  • On JFK-LAX/SFO flights, a Luvo® sandwich wrap and frozen Greek yogurt bar, pillow, blanket, and sleep kit are included

A few general notes regarding DL C+:
  1. On international a/c, the bulkhead seats often have a significant amount leg room (other than the 764).
  2. The bulkhead and exit row seats are often narrower as the tray table and/or IFE unit are in the arm rests. The arm rests do not move which, coupled with a smaller seat, can be uncomfortable for larger pax.
  3. The first row of regular economy seating after EC IS NOT recommended. The last row of EC has the EC recline and members have reported that there's no extra space between this row and the first row of regular Y.
  4. Selecting C+ Seats - You cannot select or purchase C+ seats until after booking is completed on revenue or award tickets. The UG has to clear as well.
Internationally Configured Aircraft
Per DL, International/transoceanic C+ offers 35" pitch and 6" recline. (LINK)

747-400 / 744 / 74S:
  • dl.com seat map: 747-400
    Rows 22-26 - 42 total C+ seats.
  • Legroom:
    Row 22 ABC/HJK and 24 DEFG are the bulkhead seats. 22C/H are noted as having unlimited legroom and some have noted that people can congregate due to the proximity of the lavatories, which are located directly in front of the first row of C+ on the 744. 22ABC have recently received poor reviews because of the lav and galley - people tend to congregate in this area and it can become stinky. Comments on 22K indicate that pax can access the aisle without disturbing other passengers. Also, the lavatory near 22HJK is blocked for BusinessElite pax, so there tends to be fewer disturbances and become less smelly over the course of a long flight. Also, seats 22B and 22J can be used for bassinets.
    Some might prefer the legroom of row 35/51 on the 744 with less recline and tray in armrest.
  • Related Threads and Posts:
    EC Bulkheads on the 74S
    Economy Comfort on 747-400
    The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
    tentseller's review of the 744 - LINK
    Comments on seat power on the 74S - LINK

777-200LR / 777-200ER / 772
  • dl.com seat maps: 777-200LR / 777-200ER
    Rows 31-34; 36 C+ seats
    NOTE: As DL reduced the number of Business Elite seats on the 777s, rows 29-32 are now the C+ seats.
    The C+/Economy seats on a/c has winged headrests.
  • Legroom:
    Row 29/31 seats are the bulkhead seats and have plenty of leg room. Rows 30-32/32-34 are standard C+ seats with USB and plug power. Row 44 (exit row) has excellent legroom, but no power outlets. The window seat sin this row are narrower because the tray table is in the armrest does not move up. The recline is standard recline.
    IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Recent comments on row 31 and row 29 (Bulkhead C+ seats): Delta 777 Bulkhead Seat
    chimphappyhour's feedback on a 777 flight LAX-SYD-LAX in EC - LINK.
    Thoughts on Row 31 - LINK
    modhop's video of the 777 - LINK
    My thoughts on row 35, the first row of Y after EC - LINK
    My pictures of row 31 - LINK
    777-200LR Economy Comfort & exit row questions

A330-300 / A333:
A330-200 / A332:
767-400 / 764 / 76D:
  • dl.com seat map: LINK
    C+ is rows 15-18
  • Legroom:
    On the 764, the bulkhead seats (row 15) have less leg room than the 763's; there's probably about 2' or so between the edge of the seat and the wall. The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests and the tray table/IFE monitor are in the arm rests. In my experience, I felt like the A332/333 and 763's had better recline in EC than the 764.
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Note: The overhead bins above 16 CDE have emergency equipment in them and cannot be used for stowage of luggage.
    Discussion on 17E vs. 18F: LINK
    mgoflyer's negative thoughts on 15G - LINK
    tentseller's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    NecessaryIndulgence's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    My pictures of Row 15: 15E: LINK; Space between Row 15 and the bulkhead - LINK
    My pictures comparing Row 15, "regular" EC, and normal Y seats - LINK
    My pictures of 18F with 17F fully reclined - LINK
    The London FAQ also includes many comments on the 764 - FAQ: Flying to London on DL

767-300ER - 76Z (v1 and v2) / 76L (previously seen as 76W) / 76T
  • dl.com: 76Z v1; 76Z v2; 76L; 76T
    • 76Z v1 - Rows 13-15 AB CDE FG and 16-17 AB FG
    • 76Z v2 - Rows 12-16
    • 76L - Rows 16-21
    • 76T - Rows 17-21
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat. There is also USB power and standard plugs.
  • Legroom:
    The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests. On 763's with row 20 and 21 as EC seats, note these are both exit rows and seats recline in both rows.
    rwoman's pics of seats 13 FG on the 76Z v1 - LINK
    gooslee's comments on the 76L - LINK
    CarmenOM's comments on the 76L - LINK
    Y29M's comments on the 763 row 17 (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's thoughts on the modified 76 (76T) - LINK
    53flyer's comments on the modified763 row 17 and the impact on legroom (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    garyfam's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    Seat 1A's photos of 17E (EC Bulkhead - 76T) and row 22CDE (regular Y bulkhead) (76L / 76T) - LINK
    CosmoHuman's comments on the outside first row (12AB and 12FG) on the 76Z v2 LINK
    TrojanTraveler's comments on the protruding exit doors on 12A and 12G on 76Z v2 LINK
    RaflW's comments on 16AB and other nearby seats with pics for the 76Z v2 LINK

757-200 (Delta One Equipped) - 75S:

Domestic Configured Aircraft
Per DL, domestic Comfort + offers a minimum 34" pitch and normal recline. (LINK)

767-300 / 76P / 76Q
  • dl.com: 767-300 (76Q/P)
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • Legroom: Row 10 has a hard bulkhead in front of it, but the legroom is still decent. This row has an immoveable armrest and the tray table is in the armrest as well.
    gooselee's comments on row 10 - LINK

757-300 / 753:
757-200 / 757 / 75D(H)/ 75X:
Domestic 757's are referenced below. Discussion on the non-PTV 752's - LINK.
737-900ER / 739
  • dl.com: 737-900ER / 739
    C+ is rows 10-13 ABC and 11-13 DEF.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs and power.
  • Legroom:
    The general feedback is 10C and 11D may be the best seats. Overall feedback is not great.
    twnwz's experience on the 739: LINK
    Best seat on 737-900ER?

737-800 / 738 / 73H:
  • 737-800 / 738:
    • dl.com:
    • 737-800 / 738
      C+ is rows 10-15
    • IFE:
      This a/c has overhead video.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
      T.J. Bender's negative feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      cardood's thoughts on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      CBear's comments on using a rear facing car seat - LINK
      lhitchner's feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
  • 737-800 / 73H:
    • dl.com: 737-800 - 73H
      C+ is rows 10-12.
    • IFE:
      This a/c has PTVs.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
    • Related Threads and Comments:
      None

737-700 / 73W:
  • dl.com: 737-700 / 73W
    C+ is rows 10-12.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs.
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has good legroom. It is directly behind the F cabin and there is no fixed bulkhead, allowing pax in row 10 to store items underneath row 3.
    rwoman's pics of the 73W Row 10 - LINK

MD-88 / M88:
  • dl.com: MD-88 / M88
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has very good legroom.
    javabytes' post on row 11 - LINK
    Bicostal's feedback on row 10 - LINK
    rwoman's pics of row 10 - LINK

MD-90 / M90
717:
A321-200:
  • dl.com: A321
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    PTVs and Delta Studio via wifi
  • Legroom:
    RaflW's post on the 321 C+ cabin
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A320-200 / 32R:
  • dl.com: A320/32R
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments

A320-200/32K
  • dl.com: A320 / 32K
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A319-100/319
  • dl.com: A319 / 319
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    akonrandi's comments on A319/A320 seats - LINK.

A319-100/31J
  • dl.com: A319 / 31J
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    This a/c is equipped with AVOD
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    None

Flying to Hawaii in C+:
- From DL's C+ page: 3-4" (7-10 cm) extra legroom/ Up to 50% more recline on select routes (JFK to/from SFO or LAX, and ATL/MSP/or JFK to/from HNL).

Related threads and posts:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...767-300er.html

C+ and Priority Boarding/Baggage Allowance:
Passengers in C+ get Sky Priority boarding unless their elite status provides a higher boarding zonemu access. There is no additional baggage allowance unless elite status or fare class provide it.

Related threads and posts:
jamersteroh's comments on zone 1: LINK
jamersteroh's comments on baggage: LINK

Status Changes:
There have been a couple of questions regarding C+ when a member's status drops down after January 31. Typically, seats will hold unless there is an equipment change. If there's a change, the passenger(s) will most likely be seated in regular economy. There are reports of some success contacting @delta to get reseated in C+.

Related threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-ec-seats.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...op-silver.html

Threads/posts that may be useful for non-C+ information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html
Delta Preferred seating: LINK

KLM - Economy Comfort

klm.com: LINK
Related FT Threads:
KLM New no Economy Comfort on DL-coded before check-in
DL.com won't let me select seats on KLM flight
KLM Seating, Including Economy Comfort
Delta.com Says KLM Economy Comfort is Free for Delta PMs, But it's Not True
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Comfort+ Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
So I have KOA to LAX coming up on a 757-200 v1

https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...-200/index.jsp

I'm in 19E / 19F right now and suspect there is a ton of legroom but as its an overnight (only 6 hours) that we might get more sleep a few rows back?

Thoughts? If I read this thread correct the exit row does not recline nearly as much.

Row 21 ABC is already full. Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL:DM;DL Reserve; LT Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Explorist
Question JFK-IST in EC

On the outbound the wife and I have 18A/B and on the way back we have 19E and 19C. When I first booked, 19A/B was the only A/B F/G seats open that wasn't an exit row. As we are both big/tall people we need a lot of space and seatguru said that 19 A/B had reduced pitch and recline. My question is, was not getting 19A/B a mistake since we may get someone in the middle seat on the way back?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jrp2
On the outbound the wife and I have 18A/B and on the way back we have 19E and 19C. When I first booked, 19A/B was the only A/B F/G seats open that wasn't an exit row. As we are both big/tall people we need a lot of space and seatguru said that 19 A/B had reduced pitch and recline. My question is, was not getting 19A/B a mistake since we may get someone in the middle seat on the way back?
If you get someone in the middle seat, just ask them if they will switch with you or your wife if you want to sit together. I doubt you will have a problem getting a solo traveller to switch a middle for an aisle seat.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jamesteroh:18824597
Even so moving up infants for free is unfair to the people sitting up there regardless of if they are no-status and paid to be up front or if it's someone that is sitting up there due to their status with Delta. People want to sit in Economy COMFORT because it should be more relaxing.
As a non-elite that regularly pays for domestic preferred and EC, I agree that I'd be more than a little peeved if families, UMs, and E-fares were plopped up there for free just because the seats happen to be open because they were held until check-in.

There was another thread I can't remember now taking about holding the last row or two (or more on leisure routes) of each flight for families and groups trying to get reseated at the gate, and this is more reason that that would be a solid idea. If more seats are needed, maybe at least grab the medallions and paying pax from the preferred seats and put them in EC rather than the randos looking for a favor from the GA...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:13 pm

737-800 ec 11f

I flew MSP-SAN on Sun 6/24 in 11F on the 737-800 ( with overhead TVs ). My only other experience in EC had been on the A330-300 from AMS-SEA in January - which was well worth what I paid.

After Sunday's flight, I won't select EC on the 738s anymore. I'm 6'1 and I'll gladly take the legroom in the exit over the slight additional recline. Honestly, the EC seat did not feel any different than traditional economy to me.

I'm flying this weekend domestically in EC on the 763s and 752s. Hopefully this is a better experience, otherwise I'm switching back to exits on my domestic flying.

Just my two cents!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by gooselee
As a non-elite that regularly pays for domestic preferred and EC, I agree that I'd be more than a little peeved if families, UMs, and E-fares were plopped up there for free just because the seats happen to be open because they were held until check-in.

There was another thread I can't remember now taking about holding the last row or two (or more on leisure routes) of each flight for families and groups trying to get reseated at the gate, and this is more reason that that would be a solid idea. If more seats are needed, maybe at least grab the medallions and paying pax from the preferred seats and put them in EC rather than the randos looking for a favor from the GA...
And you would have plenty of reason to move than a little peeved.

If you are GM+ on an E fare you can't sit in EC for free if there are empty seats? I knew with an E fare, you couldn't select your own seats, but I thought an E fare was still upgradeable. If they will seat you in F if firs tis avialable, I would thinkg they would seat you in EC for free. If I was flying on an E fare and stuck in the back and a family with no status got moved to EC I would also be more than a little peeved even if they were on higher than a LUT fare.

If it's the thread I think you are referring to, I was the person that made the suggestion of reserving the last few rows for family seating. There were people complaining about families not getting seated together after schedule/Equipement swaps or even at booking. But then others were saying some families were being too cheap to pay for preferred seating so they would chose middle seats for free in the more desiareable parts of the plan instead of paying to sit together in premium seats and then askign people in the aisle and window seats to switch those seats for their middle seats It wouldn't surprise me if one person would pay for EC if it looked like a light load hoping the adjacent seat would be empty and then moving up to EC after boarding for free.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Avoid Row 15 on the 764

I recently flew to LHR in 15G on the 764 and can share that it is NOT a good seat. I tend to like bulkhead seats and ignored the soft warnings against this seat (my apologies rwoman, I will never doubt you again). In my estimation there was only about 20 inches between the seat front and hard wall with no foot cutouts. As a result it is very difficult to stretch out in any appreciable fashion to sleep on the redeye flight. The only benefit is that you can lean against the window a bit and you are one of the first coach paxs off the plane.

On my return flight I selected 17C and had a much more enjoyable ride. This was probably aided by the fact that I had the row to myself. Even without this benefit it would have been better as I could really stretch out and relax in this seat. I also tried out D, which had a bit of a bar under 16C which impinged on my legroom a bit, and E, which has the equipment box for the AVOD system. I would definitely say that the C seat was the best of the middle three.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: MR Silver elite, Hertz Gold, AA, Delta, AirTran
Yesterday we flew DL95 from BCN=JFK and paid for 10HJ $69, bulkhead exit row. seats were fine, great having space to stand up that is almost your own. Only downside was the BC flight attendants had little interest in getting us the included drinks even though their station was across the seat from us, and the coach attendants couldn't have been bothered. Ps: the entertainment system was down the entire flight.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
And you would have plenty of reason to move than a little peeved.

If you are GM+ on an E fare you can't sit in EC for free if there are empty seats? I knew with an E fare, you couldn't select your own seats, but I thought an E fare was still upgradeable. If they will seat you in F if firs tis avialable, I would thinkg they would seat you in EC for free. If I was flying on an E fare and stuck in the back and a family with no status got moved to EC I would also be more than a little peeved even if they were on higher than a LUT fare.

If it's the thread I think you are referring to, I was the person that made the suggestion of reserving the last few rows for family seating. There were people complaining about families not getting seated together after schedule/Equipement swaps or even at booking. But then others were saying some families were being too cheap to pay for preferred seating so they would chose middle seats for free in the more desiareable parts of the plan instead of paying to sit together in premium seats and then askign people in the aisle and window seats to switch those seats for their middle seats It wouldn't surprise me if one person would pay for EC if it looked like a light load hoping the adjacent seat would be empty and then moving up to EC after boarding for free.
Agree completely, and yes, that's exactly the thread I was thinking of. Not sure if that GM+ question was for me, but if it was I'd have no idea as I've never come close to GM
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tentseller
Intl EC also have more legroom. One row of seats is actually removed. So the four rows of EC occupied the same room as five row before. Domestic it is just extra recline.
Backward... Reverse that.

Domestic gets up to 4" extra legroom, but NO extra recline.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:53 am

I posted this on another thread (Bulkhead Seats Available at Booking?) but never got a response. Since bulkhead seats are EC, I suppose this applies to this thread as well.

Originally Posted by dcline414
Is this [the ability to choose EC bulkhead seats at booking] a perk for PM/DM only? I have never seen the bulkhead available before T-24 as a GM.

I just booked some domestic flights on 757s, and found that one configuration (753) has 5 rows of EC on the left and 3 rows of EC on the right, all of which are blocked off except for the last two rows on each side. So 11 of the 23 EC seats are blocked off in this configuration.
Can anyone tell me if PM/DM do, in fact, have exclusive access to bulkhead EC seats prior to check-in?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: All of the Above
I posted this on another thread (Bulkhead Seats Available at Booking?) but never got a response. Since bulkhead seats are EC, I suppose this applies to this thread as well.

Can anyone tell me if PM/DM do, in fact, have exclusive access to bulkhead EC seats prior to check-in?
I have on some flights been able to book the bulkhead when I booked the tickets (2-4 months out). Some flights I haven't, but they could've already been selected. We can find a flight and both do a mock booking and see what seats are available. PM me if you want to.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by jabez
I wonder flights to Mexico will get the free drinks. Will be in EC ATL-PVR
Looks like a negative, based on Delta's Economy Comfort info page (which seems to be updated with more details since EC was rolled out). Here are the highlights:
  • Domestic EC is defined as "Flights within the US and to/from Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean"
  • And for all those wondering about the MINIMUM extra legroom, domestic EC now specifies "3-4" (7-10 cm) extra legroom"
  • The extra recline on domestic EC is explained as "Up to 50% more recline on select routes (JFK to/from SFO or LAX, and ATL to/from HNL)"
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by DavidAL
I have on some flights been able to book the bulkhead when I booked the tickets (2-4 months out). Some flights I haven't, but they could've already been selected. We can find a flight and both do a mock booking and see what seats are available. PM me if you want to.
I just logged in with a DM colleague's credentials and saw the same seat availability as I see when logged in with my GM credentials.

So apparently there are just some flights where either the bulkhead is either booked up right away or where it is held until check-in.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
I just logged in with a DM colleague's credentials and saw the same seat availability as I see when logged in with my GM credentials.

So apparently there are just some flights where either the bulkhead is either booked up right away or where it is held until check-in.
I note that the thread you referenced was from before domestic EC was rolled out, at which time bulkhead seats weren't available before check-in. However, now that bulkhead on domestic airports is part of EC, it has always shown as available at time of purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.