Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Music Inconsistancies?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Boarding Music Inconsistancies?

Just got off a quick trip LGA-PBI round trip, which consisted of an A320 and an A319. There wasn't boarding music on either, which I found strange, because they almost always have it. Do the ex-NWA A319s/20s not have music playing facilities, or did I just have lazy crews?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:34 pm

My flight last night JFK-PHX didn't have boarding music and it was PMNW crew. Maybe it depends on the crew and whether they are union or not and if it is in their contract to turn on the music or if that is too much work for PMNW FA's...
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
My flight last night JFK-PHX didn't have boarding music and it was PMNW crew. Maybe it depends on the crew and whether they are union or not and if it is in their contract to turn on the music or if that is too much work for PMNW FA's...
FWIW.... I had a AC yesterday that the little "Boarding Music" box was deferred (broken)... Very possibly had nothing to do anything with either Pre or Post Merger FA being lazy..

Last edited by flightattendantsteve; Oct 28, 2011 at 8:02 pm
Old Oct 28, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
You gotta be kidding me!?!?!?!?!?!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by houserulz77
You gotta be kidding me!?!?!?!?!?!
The PMNW jokes always make me laugh, but I guess they're not appropriate here anymore.

So...anyone know the real answer?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
I know the OP is not asking or even hinting at this, but I'd enter this one in the "least substantial reason to ask for compensation" sweepstakes.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrontRow
I know the OP is not asking or even hinting at this, but I'd enter this one in the "least substantial reason to ask for compensation" sweepstakes.
Hmm...now you gave me an idea
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by nytraveller53
Just got off a quick trip LGA-PBI round trip, which consisted of an A320 and an A319. There wasn't boarding music on either, which I found strange, because they almost always have it. Do the ex-NWA A319s/20s not have music playing facilities, or did I just have lazy crews?

This post is more than 2 hours old and the FAA has still not grounded all Delta flights yet? Based on the severity of this, I would have assumed they would have been shut down
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:33 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
This post is more than 2 hours old and the FAA has still not grounded all Delta flights yet? Based on the severity of this, I would have assumed they would have been shut down
Thanks for making me laugh. Normally have my PES with me, so even wasn't aware off Delta playing music
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Classy, that.

What exactly is DL's "boarding music"? I've never paid any attention to it. If UA uses Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue as their theme, does DL have one?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sabai
Classy, that.

What exactly is DL's "boarding music"? I've never paid any attention to it. If UA uses Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue as their theme, does DL have one?
It's typically posted on iTunes - about 10-15 soft pop songs a month, in a playlist. I actually love it - sets a good mood for the flight.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
The PMNW jokes always make me laugh, but I guess they're not appropriate here anymore.

So...anyone know the real answer?
Boarding music is to PMNW what free SDC's are to PMDL.

Bob H
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I've never noticed the boarding music. Now, if they played some Vivaldi choral music or the Goldberg Variations or the Mendelssohn octet, I'd notice and be very happy.

My point is that I'm not certain I see a good reason for boarding music, since whatever they play will appeal only to some portion of the passengers, it will be constantly interrupted by announcements, and many pax will immediately put on their own headphones with the music they prefer and not hear it anyway.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Oct 28, 2011 at 9:19 pm
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
My point is that I'm not certain I see a good reason for boarding music, since whatever they play will only appeal to some portion of the passengers, it will be constantly interrupted by announcements, and many pax will immediately put on their own headphones with the music they prefer and not hear it anyway.
Actually, how about they provide the FAs with recorders and let them toot the kettles to their seats!! After all, an on time departure is music to everyone's ears.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by FrontRow
It's typically posted on iTunes - about 10-15 soft pop songs a month, in a playlist. I actually love it - sets a good mood for the flight.
With a nod to Yogi, I never notice if it's on, unless I notice it's off . Didn't know the songs were listed on iTunes, good to know.

Last edited by PRWeezer; Oct 28, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.