Are Flight Alerts Working for Anyone?

Old Oct 26, 11, 11:42 am
KDS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Are Flight Alerts Working for Anyone?

I am not receiving any flight alerts (phone or email) from Delta for delayed or cancelled flights since June 2011, even though I have alerts set on all my itineraries. I've submitted complaints to Delta via delta.com but have not received any information other than "forwarding your complaint to the technical group" replies.

I figure this is a bug, but I didn't find any mention of it in the "definitive bug" thread.

Is anyone getting these alerts these days?
Old Oct 26, 11, 11:47 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Yup.

I have received alerts on IROPS via text to my Blackberry for a couple of recent flights.
Old Oct 26, 11, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
The only flight alerts I've been receiving have been for cancelled or changed legs. I even got a survey about a flight I changed months back which ended up delayed (but how was I to even know?)
Old Oct 26, 11, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
I haven't rec'd in a while, even for delays/cancellations.
Old Oct 26, 11, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Nexus
four one morning

Yes, I got four for the same flight a couple of weeks ago: late 2 hrs, then on time, then late 1 hr, then back on time.

Fortunately (this time), no auto-rebook. Well, that's the airline biz.
Old Oct 26, 11, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EP
I haven't received any in a LONG LONG LONG time!
Old Oct 26, 11, 3:23 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have, but they have been all but useless, and I just ignore them now and verify at the gate/flight status boards. Last week got one at 5 AM telling me my 6 AM flight was 1 hour late. Got to he gate at 530 anyway, and they were starting to board First. Glad I didn't stop for breakfast....my bag got re-routed through ATL as a result, dropped off at the house at 8 that night....guess I had been moved to the ATL flight, then changed back when the problem was fixed.

This morning I left BHM at 1040, on time. As I was going through ATL around noon to my connection, got an alert that my 1040 flight was now 1055 AM.....not much help, since we already completed the flight!

Wish they'd go to a txt message syste like AA has, the alerts on AA were actuallly usefull, and TIMELY!
Old Oct 26, 11, 3:44 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
In the past 3 years, I have gotten one flight alert via Phone... I remember sitting in MCI when the flight time kept pushing back further and further
Old Oct 26, 11, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, USAirways Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni Platinum, Hilton Gold
Haven't received them in months, even having changed the settings a couple times.
Old Oct 26, 11, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Flight alerts stopped working when nwa.com went dark.

It has never worked off Delta. Though I have it configured, re-configured multiple times, set for multiple e-mail addresses and phones, it never, ever works.

Just one of the 1000s of things that don't work on delta.com - which is more of a facade than a functional web site.

You'd better sign-up for a third party service, such as pageonce for itineary change/seat/etc. change monitoring, and something else for flight status on the day of flight (I just always check online for that before departing to the airport, don't use any app or such).
Old Oct 26, 11, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
This is why I use TripIt Pro.
Old Oct 26, 11, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I get them when I book through Delta.com but I don't when I book through my company's travel planner.
Old Oct 26, 11, 7:36 pm
KDS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yohanson View Post
I get them when I book through Delta.com but I don't when I book through my company's travel planner.
Aha, ok, that seems to be my experience as well, although I used to get the alerts even for flights booked by our corporate travel group.

When an itinerary is booked by our corporate group, I immediately add my contact phone number and email address to the itinerary via delta.com. I've noted that, when I go back to the itinerary later, and pull up the contact information on that itinerary, the phone number is missing but the email address is still there. I've added both back many times over many days, with no alert success.

In these cases, I have even called the Elite reservations line and gotten confirmation that my phone number and email address are "attached" to the itinerary, even though I don't see the phone number as noted above.

So, something has broken since June for me; and likely for most others. Sure do wish Delta would act on the ocmplaints and fix the problem(s).
Old Oct 26, 11, 8:05 pm

DL alerts are "POOR"
Randomly works and rarely at the time selected
Old Oct 26, 11, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Just received one 1 hour ago about gate change

Search this Thread
Search Engine: