Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Flight Alerts Working for Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 2:41 pm
KDS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by KDS
I am not receiving any flight alerts (phone or email) from Delta for delayed or cancelled flights since June 2011, even though I have alerts set on all my itineraries. I've submitted complaints to Delta via delta.com but have not received any information other than "forwarding your complaint to the technical group" replies.

I figure this is a bug, but I didn't find any mention of it in the "definitive bug" thread.

Is anyone getting these alerts these days?
Well, after more than 8 months without receiving any of these automated alerts, I finally got desperate and went to the delta.com screen where one enters the desired email addresses and phone numbers for the alerts (the "Delta Messenger Flight Notifications" alerts). On that screen, I clicked the dropdown list for one of the email addresses, didn't change it, and then "saved" the changes. Did this for all three of the regular alerts.

Lo and behold, today I received both a phone call and email messages for a delayed flight! I don't know if what I did fixed the problem (reactivated my alerts?), but I'll take coincidence otherwise so long as the problem remains fixed.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I haven't received them since they switched over from nwa.com, even having changed the settings a couple times.

Also, on delta.dumb where it says "please update you contact info" I click on that and it's populated with a random number, I'll update it, it says thanks, but when I go back the next day it's back to some random number.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Eh, I don't get them. But now with the app I seem to get plenty of alerts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.