Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dca / bwi / iad -> oak / sjc / sfo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Dca / bwi / iad -> oak / sjc / sfo

Are there any non-stop Delta or Delta Partner flights from the Washington DC area to the Bay Area that depart around 7pm on Thursdays? I haven't found a good way to search Delta partners...

Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by madrick5
Are there any non-stop Delta or Delta Partner flights from the Washington DC area to the Bay Area that depart around 7pm on Thursdays? I haven't found a good way to search Delta partners...

Thanks!
kayak.com or call Delta.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:30 am

Simple answer, no

Long answer, no airline operates non-stop from DCA to the SF area because there is a restriction on flights > 1500 miles with limited exceptions (to airports in states with influential Senators) and neither Delta nor their partners operate non-stop flights from IAD or BWI. It is one-stop but if you go DC-MSP-SFO you can catch a 6:45-7:00 PM flight from DCA or IAD (the BWI is cutting it too close especially since that flight is an MD-90). That will allow you to connect to the 9:45 PM to SFO
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Other than AS and the odd AE flight (which are not trans-cons), what other domestic airline partner does DL have?

AS does not fly WAS-Bay Area non-stop.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Simple answer, no

Long answer, no airline operates non-stop from DCA to the SF area because there is a restriction on flights > 1500 miles with limited exceptions (to airports in states with influential Senators) and neither Delta nor their partners operate non-stop flights from IAD or BWI. It is one-stop but if you go DC-MSP-SFO you can catch a 6:45-7:00 PM flight from DCA or IAD (the BWI is cutting it too close especially since that flight is an MD-90). That will allow you to connect to the 9:45 PM to SFO
Thanks. I was seeing exactly that. I know sometimes there are odd KLM flights that will operate a domestic leg as part of a connection -- thanks for the quick answer.

Much appreciated!

-Rick
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
WAS-West Coast is very difficult in one hop on DL or it's partners. One of the few exceptions is DCA-LAX on AS, which always costs more than the connecting flights.

I've done the DCA/BWI-SLC-LAX/SEA and vice versa. This isn't a bad hop and it's usually a 757 on the long leg. I've also done the DCA-MEM-LAX which isn't bad either.

For WAS-SFO non-stop I think United is your best option.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:20 am

I used to fly SFO/SJC->DCA a lot, and I'd always get routed through SLC, which is actually a beautiful flight. The scenery is outstanding.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
Consider taking the train (or driving) up to NYC and then taking the JFK-SFO flight. You might even get upgraded to BE-lite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.