Delta Gold Card Baggage Question

Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Delta Gold Card Baggage Question

Hi,

I recently used my companion voucher from the gold card to book a reservation. The card states that the cardholder and 9 other companions will get 1 waived bag at check-in. However does it matter which card I used to book the reservation? When I had tried using the delta card while purchasing the ticket it was having an issue with the card. So I went ahead and used my Amex Platinum then. Other cards like AA and United clearly state that the user of the card should use the co-branded card during purchase. So not sure what the rules for delta is.

Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
No need to pay with the card. This is described in the detailed 'first checked bag free' page on delta.com.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...t_bag_free.jsp
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK there's no requirement that the ticket be paid with a DL AmEx card, so for example tickets purchased by corporate travel offices do get the bag fee waiver.

Your DL AmEx Gold card should be attached to your DL FF account. It probably should show (but not the number) when you log into your account. If this is done right, the bag drop place (or the OLCI page where you specify the number of bags you plan to check and delta.dumb shows the fees) should immediately see that you have a Gold DL AmEx and qualify for the fee waiver.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.