GoGo Inflight

Old Oct 24, 11, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond and Million Miler/Hilton Diamond
GoGo Inflight

Hello fellow travelers; this is a first for me and I can tell you I wasn't too delighted to see this being used as a flight delay excuse.

My flight from MDW to ATL on Friday was delayed due to the wi-fi service being inoperable on the flight. I have flown where a bathroom was out of service which truly effects the passenger however; a passenger amenity such as wi-fi becoming a flight delay reason isn't acceptable to me. Has anyone else run into this issue or do you think Delta is now trying to maximize inflight revenues.
Old Oct 24, 11, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
you probably aren't getting the whole story... i've flown with inop wifi several times, among other seemingly more important inop items. my suspicion is that whatever the malfunction, it's affecting other systems and the pilot won't sign off on the plane being flightworthy. for example, maybe the gogo system has a short and it's popping a circuit breaker or something, if that were my plane i wouldn't fly it till i knew whatever was causing it was either fixed or at least in a safe condition
Old Oct 24, 11, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
DOES delta get any revenue from gogo?

The other day, the flight I was on had so many users logged on, I couldnt even get Delta.com to load.
Old Oct 24, 11, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nypdLieu View Post
DOES delta get any revenue from gogo?

The other day, the flight I was on had so many users logged on, I couldnt even get Delta.com to load.
Perhaps the Gogo rep could provide clarification but I have heard that DL keeps as much as 50% of all revenue generated by inflight internet services.
Old Oct 25, 11, 11:50 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by davewpb View Post
Hello fellow travelers; this is a first for me and I can tell you I wasn't too delighted to see this being used as a flight delay excuse.

My flight from MDW to ATL on Friday was delayed due to the wi-fi service being inoperable on the flight. I have flown where a bathroom was out of service which truly effects the passenger however; a passenger amenity such as wi-fi becoming a flight delay reason isn't acceptable to me. Has anyone else run into this issue or do you think Delta is now trying to maximize inflight revenues.
Thanks for letting us know about this. We are looking into it, but in the future, also know that this kind of situation can be reported directly to TTU as well for follow-up.
Old Oct 31, 11, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond and Million Miler/Hilton Diamond
Go Go Inflight

I did send a note via email and didn't get my question answered it appeared that the Diamond desk representative was avoiding the question. One other thing to note the pilots and flight attendants suggested that we voice our opinions as they were not delighted at not being able to fly due to inoperable wi-fi which wasn't effecting the plane at all

Search this Thread
Search Engine: