Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Rapper has Seizure on DL Flight, then on Private Jet same Day

Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...-10391698.html

I have never heard of Rick Ross, but I feel for the guy. I also have to give him credit for trying to honor a commitment. After having a seizure on board DL 1310 from FLL to MEM, and then after that flight has to declare an emergency and return to FLL, the guy gets treatment and charters a private jet in an effort to make his appearence at the University of Memphis' "Midnight Madness" event. Seems he had another seizure and had to be hospitalized. Jeze, get well soon.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
I went to Memphis Maddness and know some of the University staff. Rick Ross's people were speculating that something altitude related must have brought on the seizure since he was fine on the ground before and after the first flight.

They said hospital in FLL cleared him to continue so he contacted the University and said he was still coming. After the first seizure the university had local Memphis artist Yo Gotti on standby to step in when the flight diverted.

I didn't know who Rick Ross was, but the point is to pick artists that the recruits like. The boosters are just there to see the dunk contest and scrimage. Still had a full house of 18.5k for a fun event.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Rick Ross aka the "Boss" has been one of the leading hip hop artists for the past several years. I wish him well.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Gold), Marriott (Platinum), IHG (Gold), Hyatt (Gold), Avis First
Now thats commitment ... Hope he recovers soon!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Rick Ross aka the "Boss" has been one of the leading hip hop artists for the past several years. I wish him well.
He certainly has been. I certainly wish him well as well--and really hope he gets his health issues sorted out.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by designflaw
Now thats commitment ... Hope he recovers soon!
I agree. He should be okay for a while. He will received his treatment.

Originally Posted by Denolloyd

Geez, I thought Rick Ross had a ills during on his flight today. I'm sure he will be alright for a few days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.