Air Tahiti Nui Questions

Old Oct 13, 11, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Air Tahiti Nui Questions

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions regarding a potential frequent flyer mile redemption I'd like to complete using skymiles for flights on Air Tahiti.

#1 - At what point do seats open for future travel?

#2 - What are the mileage thresholds for Y, J and F?

After talking with a skymiles agent for 30 minutes, she had no definitive answers.

#3 - Is it realistic to get a frequent flyer redemption on this route?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Oct 13, 11, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
SkyMiles tickets can be booked no more than 331 days in advance of travel.

Award redemption rates can be determined from the interactive award travel map: from 100K miles coach r/t, 150K miles business r/t. No SkyMiles redemptions may be made for intercontinental first class with Delta miles. If you're being quoted something other than Low band mileage it is due to Delta travel to/from the TN gateway: all partner travel is Low award band (HA* oddities discussed elsewhere).

One can find coach and business awards LAX-PPT with ExpertFlyer that should be available for immediate booking.
Old Oct 13, 11, 10:11 am
dll

Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
On the points redemption for this route I'd say it's probably one of the toughest I've seen in the SkyMiles system. Depending on the time of year you may get lucky; bear in mind that Air France also flies this route several times per week which may have slightly better availability. If you're trying to book over one of the major holidays I'd say it's just about guaranteed that there won't be anything available but you may get lucky! I've tried for several years in a row and always end up in Hawaii on a paid ticket instead.

Still saving up those SkyPesos.

Edited to add that I'll assume you're targeting LAX-PPT here (and not LAX-CDG).
Old Oct 13, 11, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
good article awhile back on booking the 2 toughest routes from the USA (aus/nz and tahiti)

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...=Google+Reader
Old Jan 11, 12, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Does anyone have experience with how much or little TN tinkers with their award inventory as the date of the flight approaches? Flying with them (on a DL award) in about 6 weeks... in coach. Biz had no award availability when I booked the tickets (and still doesn't)... but the flight looks wide open, showing 7's across the board on down to the cheapo fare classes on Expert Flyer.

I've got my EF alert set, but just am wondering if (like DL) they have ever been known to add award inventory closer in on flights with light loads... or if it's just loaded initially and is there till it's gone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: