Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why does Comair hold the entire bin above 1a/b for crew?

Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec

None of the other RJ carriers do this...now I'm having to pink tag my bag so the fa can have her one bag occupying the entire bin...
Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Crew have bags, they need to be within their sight. Regulations. Put your bag above 2a they won't mind . Just like you don't Luke to fly without your things, I doubt they want to either. Where would you suggest their bag go?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I think he was saying that there was empty bin space even after the FA had loaded her bag... but he still wasn't allowed to put his carry-on there because it was "reserved".
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
All time I have seen this, the bins over row 1 are reserved for those sitting in 1 ABCD.

Last edited by DL-Don; Oct 11, 2011 at 1:54 pm
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by lsugolfer
None of the other RJ carriers do this...now I'm having to pink tag my bag so the fa can have her one bag occupying the entire bin...
Guess you don't know much about the CRJ family

the crew has very, very little space to put stuff in. (and crews do have bags and such too. )
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
I think he was saying that there was empty bin space even after the FA had loaded her bag... but he still wasn't allowed to put his carry-on there because it was "reserved".
Correct. Comair is the only RJ that blocks the entire bin above 1a/b. The others allow you to put your bags up there provided the crews stuff is accessible.

I always sit in 1 B or C now since we can book these on the RJ and have never had an issue with any other connection carrier other than comair. All the bins back to 6 were full so I had to valet tag one of my bags even though there was room in the bin above 1 a and b
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
Originally Posted by lsugolfer

the crew has very, very little space to put stuff in. (and crews do have bags and such too. )
I practically live on these planes. Im pretty confident I know what I'm discussing here.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291

And another reason to get rid of these horrendous planes.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Jump
And another reason to get rid of these horrendous planes.
I don't know why Delta doesn't listen to me. They can sell those RJs to the government as interrogation devices. Load the terror suspects at Gitmo into them and fly them up to Canada and back a couple of times and they will be singing like canaries!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.