Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

booking Air Europa seats on skymiles--how far out?

booking Air Europa seats on skymiles--how far out?

Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:42 am
Used to be diaworld
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Question booking Air Europa seats on skymiles--how far out?

I searched the forums and hope this is the right place for my question. I have just enough skymiles to get to Tenerife next June from IAD, but Delta (silver) skymiles customer service can't book the MAD-TFN leg of the trip b/c there are no seats showing up on Air Europa. Flying blue shows low level seats, but Delta rep says they haven't been released to Delta for booking. Has anyone had a similar problem, and how soon before travel did Air Europa release seats for Delta reps to book? My concern is if I wait too long I'll lose the AF IAD-CDG and CDG-MAD return, which at this point is wide open. Thanks for any advice!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

ExpertFlyer shows there are dates in June with award seats MAD-TFN available now. If the date you want isn't open, create an alert.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 1:49 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
First thing I would do is call back and see if another agent can make it happen for you. It is possible that agent did not know how to correctly look for and book the Air Europa seats. If they are showing available on AF site, you should be able to book them.

If they just can't book it for you, consider flying to MAD and then just taking a one way flight from MAD to Tenerife. Ryanair, Spanair and Air Europa should all have flights really cheap. The last thing you want to have happen is wait for the MAD to TFN flights and they never become available and then you lose the transatlantic flights.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:02 pm
Used to be diaworld
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Thanks for the advice. I did try again, and got it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.