Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Looks like I'll have 8 Galaxy Tabs to sell also... Feel free to contact me if you're looking for a deal! haha

Hoping to use my Chase OnePass Plus card's Price Protection to get me ~$145 back each. I used the free shipping code on 5 of the 8 orders.

Also, I accidentally forgot to add a pack of batteries to one order before I placed it and it still showed that I would receive the 25k SkyMiles on the order confirmation page. So, I called to cancel the order and the woman told me that I didn't need to since it showed the 25k SkyMiles on the order. But, I told her I'd rather cancel it and re-order to be better safe than sorry.

Just thought I'd give some data points. I'll be sure to update when I receive miles.
I'll be rather mad if you could not only get the miles for a $499 purchase as well as getting them by using a free shipping code. I decided to play it safe and all of my orders excede $500 and I am paying full price on everything.

How does the price protection work on your Chase card?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by keirnna
I'll be rather mad if you could not only get the miles for a $499 purchase as well as getting them by using a free shipping code. I decided to play it safe and all of my orders excede $500 and I am paying full price on everything.

How does the price protection work on your Chase card?
Well, I've never used it, but according to chase's website, you just submit a claim and they'll reimburse you up to $500 per item.

I've searched a little online to see what people's experiences have been using it and it seems like it should be relatively painless. We'll see how that goes.

Edit: I'm not really sure why the coupon code for shipping should matter. I'm pretty sure that won't be an issue. But, the $499 purchase just leaves way too much of an opportunity for them to deny me miles. So, I'd rather spend the extra $3.99 for a pack of batteries that I'll eventually use anyway.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Well, I've never used it, but according to chase's website, you just submit a claim and they'll reimburse you up to $500 per item.

I've searched a little online to see what people's experiences have been using it and it seems like it should be relatively painless. We'll see how that goes.

Edit: I'm not really sure why the coupon code for shipping should matter. I'm pretty sure that won't be an issue. But, the $499 purchase just leaves way too much of an opportunity for them to deny me miles. So, I'd rather spend the extra $3.99 for a pack of batteries that I'll eventually use anyway.
Best of luck, I hope for price protection they don't mean from the same store you bought it from.......
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:24 pm

Well I'd agree if the T&C didn't explicitly say: "This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or offer." Seeing that Skymall is known for being pretty terrible about coughing up the miles and we'll be loosing at least some money on these things, most likely I'm not willing to risk loosing at least a few hundred dollars and getting NO miles. I strictly followed the T&C to give them no room to deny me my miles; although, I agree that there should be no issue with free shipping or even discounts as long as the order is over $500 in merchandise, but I don't think we can use common sense here.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Best of luck, I hope for price protection they don't mean from the same store you bought it from.......
Eh, it may be. And if that's the case, I'll probably return most (if not all) of my Tabs and just take the hit on the shipping both ways.

I'd rather do that than spend $1200 on SkyPesos... even if it is still a "good deal". I'm all for spending ~$200-$300 for 200k miles, but not $1200. I'd rather just take the ~$320 loss and have a lesson learned on how to use the Chase Price Protection. I'm sure some on here will agree and others will think I'm crazy. haha
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:33 pm

Well I'd agree if the T&C didn't explicitly say: "This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or offer." Seeing that Skymall is known for being pretty terrible about coughing up the miles and we'll be loosing at least some money on these things, most likely I'm not willing to risk loosing at least a few hundred dollars and getting NO miles. I strictly followed the T&C to give them no room to deny me my miles; although, I agree that there should be no issue with free shipping or even discounts as long as the order is over $500 in merchandise, but I don't think we can use common sense here.
Yeah, I agree that it's not 100% certainty, but I think that the free shipping is much less of a problem than that order that I mistakenly placed for $499.99 + tax (that the CSR told me I'd still get 25k miles for). I wasn't comfortable with me actually getting the miles from that particular order, but I'm reasonably comfortable with me getting the miles from the ones with the free shipping coupon.

We'll see what happens and I'll report back here with the results!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:35 pm

Yeah, I agree that it's not 100% certainty, but I think that the free shipping is much less of a problem than that order that I mistakenly placed for $499.99 + tax (that the CSR told me I'd still get 25k miles for). I wasn't comfortable with me actually getting the miles from that particular order, but I'm reasonably comfortable with me getting the miles from the ones with the free shipping coupon.

We'll see what happens and I'll report back here with the results!
To me it is VERY clear that the Skymall CSRs will say anything at all to get you to order and not cancel.

The problem is that if it takes 8 weeks to post your miles you'll already be out of luck for returning these things.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:48 pm
cnn

To me it is VERY clear that the Skymall CSRs will say anything at all to get you to order and not cancel.

The problem is that if it takes 8 weeks to post your miles you'll already be out of luck for returning these things.
Well I just called the 800 number and was told that if an item is marked as "can not be discounted" it is not qualified for the promotion. Most of the electronics items have this note.
So I tried with $500 skymall gift card and at the check out the page showed that the purchase qualified for the 25,000 miles.
So I guess even though your orders showed up as qualified, you may not get the miles.
Anyone has experience with the last promotion? Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by cnn
Well I just called the 800 number and was told that if an item is marked as "can not be discounted" it is not qualified for the promotion. Most of the electronics items have this note.
So I tried with $500 skymall gift card and at the check out the page showed that the purchase qualified for the 25,000 miles.
So I guess even though your orders showed up as qualified, you may not get the miles.
Someone else called and said different. Thing is that gift cards are 100% against the T&C while the electronics are not. If the electronics are not given the miles I will just dispute the transaction with skymall and be out nothing.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cnn
Yikes! I just ordered a Galaxy Tab. I just called the 800 number, unfortunately they close the support lines at midnight Eastern time. I sent an email to cancel my order if the Galaxy Tab does not qualify. Hopefully it will get through before they ship.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Yikes! I just ordered a Galaxy Tab. I just called the 800 number, unfortunately they close the support lines at midnight Eastern time. I sent an email to cancel my order if the Galaxy Tab does not qualify. Hopefully it will get through before they ship.
If you look a bit further up in the thread nothing in the T&C states that items marked as that do not apply, but it does state gift cards and any discounts do not apply.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:23 pm

If you look a bit further up in the thread nothing in the T&C states that items marked as that do not apply, but it does state gift cards and any discounts do not apply.
The T&C also say:

Excluded items and vendors are noted on the product page.
But the language on the product page says "This item cannot be discounted" which pretty clearly does not exclude it. A bonus is not a discount.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:07 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Anyone have a product number for these cheap batteries that are referenced?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy
The T&C also say:

But the language on the product page says "This item cannot be discounted" which pretty clearly does not exclude it. A bonus is not a discount.
I agree. That does not say, "This item is ineligible for the Skymiles promotion."
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:13 pm

Not sure why there's still convo since the deal's dead.

Batteries are no longer available as a filler. Just search $0 and $1 and sort by price accordingly...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.