Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using SkyMiles to upgrade a full-fare Y flight on AF to C?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: JGC Premier (OWE)

Hi all,

I have an upcoming one-way flight CDG-NRT booked on AF (not a codeshare) booked in full-fare economy (the ticket cost close to 3000 EUR), and I'd like to clarify whether it can be upgraded to business class using SkyMiles. The question is slightly academic for now, as there is no availability in the O fare bucket at the moment and I'm not sure it will open up long enough ahead of departure but I'm still curious.

As I understand, the recent DL/AF/KL special arrangement makes it possible to upgrade an AF flight with DL miles or a DL SWU, either from Y/B/M to A (premium eco) or W/S to O (business). I'm not interested in that, if only because the flight I'm taking has no premium economy cabin at all (it's the 3-cabin 388).

On the other hand, there's a much earlier arrangement supposedly valid on many SkyTeam airlines about upgrading from full-fare Y to business, and described at the bottom of that page:

http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTea...-Redeem-Miles/

If I understand correctly, this says that, provided that there is availability in the upgrade bucket, one should be able to upgrade that Y ticket with AF to business class using miles from pretty much any SkyTeam partner, including DL. Is that correct?

Because I just called a DL agent about that, and he says that Y can only be upgraded to premium coach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.