Search

Lost iPad/Delta Lost Report/AmEx Plat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Lost iPad/Delta Lost Report/AmEx Plat

Hey there,

I lost my iPad on a Delta flight. I filed a lost item report online. I emailed Delta and was told that they don't provide Lost Item Reports. I recently bought the iPad and paid for it with my AmEx Platinum Charge Card. I have the Purchase Protection coverage. The policy calls for a copy of the report.

What should I provide?

Also: Does anyone have any experiences with loosing an item and claiming via AmEx Platinum Charge Purchase Protection?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Send whatever copy you can. And AMEX is usually really good...
Old Sep 8, 2011, 6:01 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
If you absolutely need a copy of the report, why don't you file again online and keep copies of your screen shots, then print those?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Is it an iPad2? Did you ever activate Find My iPad? If so, you might be in luck!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Is it an iPad2? Did you ever activate Find My iPad? If so, you might be in luck!
Just a note that not all iPad 2s have that feature.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Yes they do. You have to install the app, but everyone can install it
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Did you leave it under your seat!!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM
http://www.apple.com/mobileme/setup/ipad.html ????

No App....
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by PimpNumOne
Hey there,

I lost my iPad on a Delta flight. I filed a lost item report online. I emailed Delta and was told that they don't provide Lost Item Reports. I recently bought the iPad and paid for it with my AmEx Platinum Charge Card. I have the Purchase Protection coverage. The policy calls for a copy of the report.

What should I provide?

Also: Does anyone have any experiences with loosing an item and claiming via AmEx Platinum Charge Purchase Protection?
If all else fails, just file a police report. If you provide the serial #, they'll probably also enter it into NCIC as lost/stolen incase it ever hits a pawn shop anywhere or similar.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: DELTA
Originally Posted by PimpNumOne
Hey there,

I lost my iPad on a Delta flight. I filed a lost item report online. I emailed Delta and was told that they don't provide Lost Item Reports.
On a different front, have you tried the Find iPhone function to see which DL cleaning or catering crew absconded with your iPad?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features...my-iphone.html

-A
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Ive used the PP once before, on a pair of sandles (designer) i bought on a trip, that broke 2 days after we left the country. I called and just gave all the specs, prices, details, everything they asked. Week or so later they credited my acct. Did not have to provide any reports.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA, SPG GLD, DL FO, VX, UA, US, ICH, Hyatt, Avis Pref.
There is Hope!!

You may actually recover it. I left my ipad on an AA MD80 at STL in the seat back pocket and didn't realize it until I hit my hotel. eeekk!! We were the last flight in for the night so I frantically called AA hoping they could leave a message for a manager there or something. No dice! They said I could call lost and found at STL and they would call me back on Monday (this happened on a Friday night). I was departing STL on Sunday.

I thought it was all but gone since the MD80 would be darting around the country come morning.

On Sunday, while I'm preparing for a screening, I get an e-mail from a random e-mail address at AA.com. It had one line "Did you lose something on a plane?" I wrote back but didn't get a response back.

That afternoon, I went to the airport and asked a man wandering behind the check-in desk who looked managerial for help. He said the person that e-mailed me is a maintenance guy but he left for vacation today. He offered to look and said to meet him at the gate after I get through security.

At the gate, he said he couldn't find anything but the maintenance technician could have it in a lock up. He took my information and wished me a pleasant flight. Twenty minutes later, boarding commences and the GA calls my name to the podium. She hands me my ipad. I was so happy.

I spoke with the FA on board and she said employees are prone to return ipads and cell phones because they have trackers on them and there have been terminations of employees who get caught.

2nd Quick Story involving DL: While waiting to board a BDL-ATL flight a few weeks ago, one of the FAs came up the jet bridge after the inbound aircraft disembarked and handed the GA an ipad. The GA said "Not again."

So there is hope!!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
A little tip I've shared in another lost iPad thread:

Put your picture, name, and email on the lock screen. If you forget it on a plane, you'll probably have forgotten it in airplane mode, which means "Find my iPad" won't work. Since it's locked (and it should be), nobody will be able to disable airplane mode without contacting you.

If you have a picture of yourself with a baby, use that photo.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
My wife found a perfectly working Driod X laying in the parking lot of the airport, we're still trying to get it back to the rightful owner. Emailed them and let them know we have their phone, it was locked and wiped the next day, pulled battery and will probably call Verizon to see if they can let them know.

Basically I don't trust the people at the store to not pocket the phone if we took it to them, so wanted to try the other ways myself.

And for the record, I don't want a reward - I just want to get them their phone. We reported it to the airport as well in case they called.

Its been 4 days now.

You never know, you might actually run into someone else who wants to return it and it just takes time.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
A little tip I've shared in another lost iPad thread:

Put your picture, name, and email on the lock screen. If you forget it on a plane, you'll probably have forgotten it in airplane mode, which means "Find my iPad" won't work. Since it's locked (and it should be), nobody will be able to disable airplane mode without contacting you.

If you have a picture of yourself with a baby, use that photo.
I also have "reward if found" on the lock screen of my iPhone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.