FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   MSP Lounge access for non-SkyMiles member flying F (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1254697-msp-lounge-access-non-skymiles-member-flying-f.html)

JTXC Sep 1, 2011 10:36 pm

MSP Lounge access for non-SkyMiles member flying F

I am considering my first flight on Delta (looking for a break from AC), flying from YWG-SFO with a connection in MSP. I would be buying a First Class ticket; only the MSP-SFO sector is in F, since only Y is offered YWG-MSP.

As a non-SkyMiles member, would I be allowed lounge access in MSP? The Delta website seems to indicate no. There does not seem to be a category on the search options on the SkyClub locations page on the Delta website.

Do I have to buy a one-day pass?

Does Delta offer meals in F on domestic flights? I assume since the flight is just over 4h, a meal would be offered.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

mersk862 Sep 1, 2011 10:53 pm

No free lounge access on said itinerary.

MSP-SFO is one of the few markets out of MSP in the Lower 48 (SJC, SNA, SAN, LAX and MIA are the others) that qualifies for a hot meal. Breakfast is typically a choice of omelet or cereal; lunch is a mixed bag and dinner is often chicken or pasta.

JTXC Sep 1, 2011 11:02 pm

So I guess I can buy the one-day pass as advertised on the website?

The MSP-SFO flight departs at 5.25pm, so I guess that makes it dinner.

DL2SXM Sep 2, 2011 12:01 am

Originally Posted by JTXC (Post 17040195)
So I guess I can buy the one-day pass as advertised on the website?

yes

The MSP-SFO flight departs at 5.25pm, so I guess that makes it dinner.

yes

mnredfox Sep 2, 2011 1:46 am

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 17040164)
No free lounge access on said itinerary.

MSP-SFO is one of the few markets out of MSP in the Lower 48 (SJC, SNA, SAN, LAX and MIA are the others) that qualifies for a hot meal. Breakfast is typically a choice of omelet or cereal; lunch is a mixed bag and dinner is often chicken or pasta.

While LAS doesn't fit the 1500 mile rule, I know last year DL was serving hot meals occasionally on this route.

Not sure if there are any MSP-OAK routes, but MSP-SAC also passes the 1500 test...

jdrtravel Sep 2, 2011 1:55 am

Why would the OP not have lounge access as an international passenger flying in F? Its been a long time since I have flown to Canada---the last time I did was in 2006 or so on NWA....I flew MSP-DTW-YYZ. However, at that time, F passengers on intl connections had lounge access. I remember going into the WorldClub at DTW with just my boarding pass.

Have they removed Canada from this benefit? I suppose it would not surprise me---but it might be worth a shot as this certainly was a benefit of WorldClubs and the MSP clubs used to be WorldClubs.

jzoz01 Sep 2, 2011 5:23 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Op stated only the MSP-sfo leg was in first. The international leg needs to be in f/j for lounge access.

Side note, it seems silly that paid f doesn't get sky club access.

xliioper Sep 2, 2011 6:10 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel (Post 17040650)
Why would the OP not have lounge access as an international passenger flying in F? Its been a long time since I have flown to Canada---the last time I did was in 2006 or so on NWA....I flew MSP-DTW-YYZ. However, at that time, F passengers on intl connections had lounge access. I remember going into the WorldClub at DTW with just my boarding pass.

Have they removed Canada from this benefit? I suppose it would not surprise me---but it might be worth a shot as this certainly was a benefit of WorldClubs and the MSP clubs used to be WorldClubs.

Those were the good old days when NW flew DC-9's on DTW-YYZ, now they are mostly CRJ's with no FC. NW had the same requirement as DL has today, the international segment had to be in F in order to get lounge access.

jdrtravel Sep 2, 2011 10:23 am

Does the seat have to be in F or the fare? Since there is paid F when it is available, the whole itinerary should be treated as first class. The OP will get SkyPriority benefits on the first leg----this happens to me when I get upgraded only on one segment, the entire trip becomes SkyPriority coded. And yes, I agree, with the minimal amount of paid F tickets, it seems absurd that this does not include lounge access.

DaddyRabbit Sep 2, 2011 11:15 am

NO to MSP in F

Originally Posted by JTXC (Post 17040107)
I am considering my first flight on Delta (looking for a break from AC), flying from YWG-SFO with a connection in MSP. I would be buying a First Class ticket; only the MSP-SFO sector is in F, since only Y is offered YWG-MSP.

As a non-SkyMiles member, would I be allowed lounge access in MSP? The Delta website seems to indicate no. There does not seem to be a category on the search options on the SkyClub locations page on the Delta website.

Do I have to buy a one-day pass?

Does Delta offer meals in F on domestic flights? I assume since the flight is just over 4h, a meal would be offered.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

You can get in but you must purchase a day pass.

NYCsoundguy Sep 2, 2011 11:21 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel (Post 17042692)
Does the seat have to be in F or the fare? Since there is paid F when it is available, the whole itinerary should be treated as first class. The OP will get SkyPriority benefits on the first leg----this happens to me when I get upgraded only on one segment, the entire trip becomes SkyPriority coded. And yes, I agree, with the minimal amount of paid F tickets, it seems absurd that this does not include lounge access.

It's still broken down to each class per flight. So if he looks at the boarding passes, the SFO-MSP will be F, and the MSP-YWG will be sold as a normal coach fare. It might even be Q, K. I've noticed that on flights that I've purchased F, with one segment being Y.

DavidDTW Sep 2, 2011 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit (Post 17042985)
You can get in but you must purchase a day pass.

or find someone to let them in as a guest.

JTXC Sep 2, 2011 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by NYCsoundguy (Post 17043017)
It's still broken down to each class per flight. So if he looks at the boarding passes, the SFO-MSP will be F, and the MSP-YWG will be sold as a normal coach fare. It might even be Q, K. I've noticed that on flights that I've purchased F, with one segment being Y.

Actually my flight was going to be the other way around: YWG-MSP in Y (on a CRJ), and MSP-SFO in F. I figured since it was a F fare (the price was exactly the same as AC YWG-YVR-SFO all the way in J), I would have lounge access in MSP.

Thanks to everyone who posted.

p1um1oco Sep 2, 2011 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 17040619)
While LAS doesn't fit the 1500 mile rule, I know last year DL was serving hot meals occasionally on this route.

Not sure if there are any MSP-OAK routes, but MSP-SAC also passes the 1500 test...

Lucky you, out to Vegas on Sat from MSP they goofed up and missed catered the flight. Comming back earlier today during lunch, cold sandwich.