Economy Comfort on 747-400

Old Sep 1, 11, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Economy Comfort on 747-400

DH & I are flying Economy Comfort from JFK-TLV on DL 268 later this year. I chose seats 22A & 22C noticing that 22B was blocked out. Also, noticed that 22H is blocked on the opposite side of the plane. Anyone know if DL does that automatically? Surely no one would purposely select the middle seat when there are 36 other seats currently available in EC.

Hoping it means we get the entire row to ourselves. Kinda selfish, I know - but can't fund BE so will be happy for the extra room.
Old Sep 1, 11, 10:45 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Wondering this myself, I booked EC MNL/DTW, isle seat and the 26G, and the middle seats are blocked, wondering if DL blocked those, who in their right mind would want a middle seat?
Old Sep 1, 11, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
...same plane, different destination (HKG). 63A? A window seat to sleep and distance from the bathrooms to avoid the smell and noise is ideal but debating for days on the best options for a seat. And yes odd middle seats are blocked.
Old Sep 2, 11, 12:19 am

Programs: AA PLT, AC; Avis PP, Hyatt Plat
I was flying NRT-MSP and saw a middle seat in the EC section open on .bomb (this was pre-rollout, so no fee), and went to the SC agent to see if I could move to that seat. She said she couldn't make the change, only the gate agents could, and they would call me again if they could get me that seat. 5 minutes later they had a BP for me. Not sure if they try to block EC middles until the last possible moment, or just several coincidences
Old Sep 2, 11, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Forget EC, when is AVOD coming to this bird?
Old Sep 5, 11, 11:48 am

Programs: Just a GM now and proud of it? , EconoLodge Gold BedBug Elite
What is DL's policy for opening EC to the overbooked? I have a NRT-HKG segment that only shows one seat open. If economy non-comfort is booked, will they just move me to EC?
Old Oct 31, 11, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Plat, DL Plat somehow, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mamamrt View Post
DH & I are flying Economy Comfort from JFK-TLV on DL 268 later this year. I chose seats 22A & 22C noticing that 22B was blocked out. Also, noticed that 22H is blocked on the opposite side of the plane. Anyone know if DL does that automatically? Surely no one would purposely select the middle seat when there are 36 other seats currently available in EC.

Hoping it means we get the entire row to ourselves. Kinda selfish, I know - but can't fund BE so will be happy for the extra room.
How is row 22 on this plane? Will I have more or less room to stretch out compared to exit row seats?
Old Oct 31, 11, 10:06 am

Didn't the saying use to go like "Friends don't let friends fly TPAC in Y on a 747(744)"? Wondering if this has changed with the installation of EC seats.
Old Oct 31, 11, 12:59 pm

Programs: Former PM now a kettle :(
Originally Posted by NYC101 View Post
Didn't the saying use to go like "Friends don't let friends fly TPAC in Y on a 747(744)"? Wondering if this has changed with the installation of EC seats.
Flew msp-sin-msp recently in EC and it's a definate improvement!!
Old Oct 31, 11, 1:13 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by mamamrt View Post

I didn't notice that when I flew the 744 earlier this year JFK-NRT. Granted I had a choice between Emergency Exit seat and middle EC seat. So guess which I picked.

Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
When the new BE seats are being installed I would guess.

Originally Posted by milesk View Post
Flew msp-sin-msp recently in EC and it's a definate improvement!!
are the EC seats on the 772 the same as the ones on the 744? Apart from the AVOD that is. I saw the ones on the 744 and they don't look as comfy as the 772 ones.
Old Oct 31, 11, 1:35 pm

Booked JFK-NRT 747 Biz next March, will they have flat-bed installed by then?
Old Oct 31, 11, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 2MM Diamante & NW Million Air - UA AA WN & Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I also booked JFK/NRT on the 744. I see that row 21 is gone, I guess, to make room for EC. I chose row 35 exit, but does anyone know if row 22 has anything similar to the amazing amount of legroom that 16/17 have on the B763?

I'm not flying til April, but, I'd like to make an informed decision! Inquiring minds want to know!
Old Oct 31, 11, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
I also booked JFK/NRT on the 744. I see that row 21 is gone, I guess, to make room for EC. I chose row 35 exit, but does anyone know if row 22 has anything similar to the amazing amount of legroom that 16/17 have on the B763?

Row 22 C/H have just about unlimited leg room, if you don't mind people gathering next to the galley and lav occasionally. Also, seats 22 B and J were blocked off for me as well.
Old Oct 31, 11, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 2MM Diamante & NW Million Air - UA AA WN & Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Rocko409 View Post
Row 22 C/H have just about unlimited leg room, if you don't mind people gathering next to the galley and lav occasionally. Also, seats 22 B and J were blocked off for me as well.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

Thanx! That's great to know! I think I'll switch from row 35 exit to 22C. I don't mind people gathering, but, I hate the aisle seats that kind of stick out and the carts bump your feet. I think on the B763, there's so much room, that the window pax (17A & 16G) can get up without bothering the aisle pax. Do you think it's the same with 22A not having to bother 22B & C to get up?
Old Oct 31, 11, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
First 744 is in for its mods over in Asia right now.

Also, good news for those who like the whales, DL has changed it's fleet plan and will now keep all 16 744's. Original plan was to return (2) leased 744's in 2011 and 2012 and drop fleet to 14.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: