The new SC in SEA is open

Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
The new SC in SEA is open

I'm in the new SC and it is absolutely fantastic. It has got to be the best domestic club right now, and I've heard one person say it is better than the one in NRT.

It is located on top of the South Satellite, facing the south. The view from the all window area on the south side gives a great view of Mt. Rainer, the south sound area, and the touchdown area for Rwy 34.

It is huge in size; must be 4 or 5 times larger than the old club. Plenty of space and seats to accommodate everyone during the busy times. The bar area is nice, and there are now full time servers behind the bar. No longer a need to hunt up someone to pour a drink.

The entire area is open, except for one quiet area, but there are separate sections; a section adjacent to the bar, a business section with the in-house displays, fax, and copier; but the rest is one big room - which I call the Big Room, in my photos.

The lavatories are very nice, and yes, there is a shower.

Overall, I'm really impressed. Very, very nice club.

I'm not an expert at this, but here is a link to the pictures I took. I labeled them, so I hope you can get a feel of the new club. Hope it works.

Definitely visit the new club when you have the opportunity; the staff here has always been tremendous, now they have a facility to match.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/hobart22/
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Hobart22,

Welcome to FlyerTalk! I agree that the club is amazing, and in fact am sitting here right now. In addition to our beloved SC angels, there is now a pro mixologist at the bar, with the promise of real shaken martinis in our future. Right now, however, I am enjoying some bubbly still in the chill chest from yesterday's opening.

T2
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:29 pm

Wow! Very nice! Thanks for sharing the photos!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:31 pm
mpp

Thanks for the photos; looks nice. Better than the Boardroom.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
AWESOME- Big welcome to Flyertalk Hobart22, and thanks for taking time to upload those pics for us. Cant wait to experience the lounge at the end of the month. The shower will be gladly appreciated after a redeye from HNL.

I really just can't believe that the SEA SC is finally done... its been how long
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:05 am

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold
very impressed they got this done on time. the construction was still a mess a few weeks ago when I passed thru. the sky club agent informed me that the contractors were working night/day to get it done on time for opening on 9/1. I was skeptical at the time, but lo' and behold, they got it done. thumbs up DL!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
1 or more showers?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 5:36 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Hobart22
I'm in the new SC and it is absolutely fantastic. It has got to be the best domestic club right now, and I've heard one person say it is better than the one in NRT.

It is located on top of the South Satellite, facing the south. The view from the all window area on the south side gives a great view of Mt. Rainer, the south sound area, and the touchdown area for Rwy 34.

It is huge in size; must be 4 or 5 times larger than the old club. Plenty of space and seats to accommodate everyone during the busy times. The bar area is nice, and there are now full time servers behind the bar. No longer a need to hunt up someone to pour a drink.

The entire area is open, except for one quiet area, but there are separate sections; a section adjacent to the bar, a business section with the in-house displays, fax, and copier; but the rest is one big room - which I call the Big Room, in my photos.

The lavatories are very nice, and yes, there is a shower.

Overall, I'm really impressed. Very, very nice club.

I'm not an expert at this, but here is a link to the pictures I took. I labeled them, so I hope you can get a feel of the new club. Hope it works.

Definitely visit the new club when you have the opportunity; the staff here has always been tremendous, now they have a facility to match.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/hobart22/
Great pictures. Glad you like the club!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
This is a very welcome change! I had one wait last year when I spent nearly 6 hours in the SEA SkyClub waiting for a redeye back east.

Good pictures.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
1 or more showers?
Looks like just one, at the back of the restroom. I didn't linger, but it appeared to be an oversized stall with a traditional curtain and not a totally separate shower 'room.'

Nice club. Only two agents at the desk doing both entry and re-booking people from the delayed ATL flight, which created quite a line. Fortunately, another agent came through the line to handle those who just needed credentials checked.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Very cool. Great pics. Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Humongous improvements

While similar to LAX and other newly renovated facilities, I see one small but an important improvement. Delta has installed a heavy swivel table to those tall cubicle style chairs. Hopefully these swivel tables will make its way down to the other new clubs.....

Addition of full service Mixologist is a major plus although I too miss the self-service fountains.

The installation of two shower facilities is a major plus, however, one draw back is its location. Each showers are located within the bathroom; one male, one female. As access is limited to the side appropriate for your sex, it would be difficult to share it with other family members. In addition, I predict that availability will be limited as there would be a need for two cleaners (one male, one female) or one cleaner with periodical closure when shower is cleaned by a member of the opposite sex.

Seattle Skyclub also continues to offer the hot tray meals (similar to intl economy class meals) when available. Selection varies daily.

Jiburi
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Ooo... Was wondering about the hot meals

about shower setup; well why they did that.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Ooo... Was wondering about the hot meals

about shower setup; well why they did that.
That sounds like the showers at SVO, though there there are two in each washroom if I recall correctly.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Nice club. Only two agents at the desk doing both entry and re-booking people from the delayed ATL flight, which created quite a line. Fortunately, another agent came through the line to handle those who just needed credentials checked.
The gal who came out was Joycie, the SEA club manager. Nice person, always helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.