Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best BusinessElite seat on a 767-300?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Best BusinessElite seat on a 767-300?

We're flying the DL156 from LAS to AMS via MEM on the 6th of January. When I look at the seat map every seat is still available, except the one for pilot rest and one more in the middle row at the end of the cabin (row 6).

What would be the best seat to choose? I know have 1F and 1G

I still hope for a miracle and we get the refurbished 76, but doubt that will happen.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: DL, UA
I would personally stay away from row 1 as I find it restrictive in leg room. (Granted, I am 6'4", but I don't feel restricted in non-bulkheads.) I would go for row 2 or 3 personally. (I stay away from 5/6 when possible because of the galley/lav and the noise from Y) Also, even though there is a curtain between between the galley and cabin, I find that row 1 does have some light pollution during all-nighters. So bottom line is I would take 2A/B F/G or 3A/B F/G. This is just my personal opinion thought; I'm sure there are conflicting ones.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:53 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I think the odds are against MEM getting a reconfigured 763 in this early stage but that would likely change your seat selection.

There is a long thread somewhere about the 763s but much of it has to do with personal preference.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Hope for a 1+ hour schedule change so that you can fly over on a different plane.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by WidgetKid
I would personally stay away from row 1 as I find it restrictive in leg room. (Granted, I am 6'4", but I don't feel restricted in non-bulkheads.) I would go for row 2 or 3 personally. (I stay away from 5/6 when possible because of the galley/lav and the noise from Y) Also, even though there is a curtain between between the galley and cabin, I find that row 1 does have some light pollution during all-nighters. So bottom line is I would take 2A/B F/G or 3A/B F/G. This is just my personal opinion thought; I'm sure there are conflicting ones.
I totally disagree. Row 1 is the place to be. If you put your knapsack on the footrest you can have your feet lie flat in front of you. In any oth row this isnt possible if someone reclines their seat in front of you (crushing your legs). Stay with what you have.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
is it true what seatguru says that the FG seats on the 763 in BE have slightly more legroom?

can you notice a difference in legroom between AB and FG?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by andrew10412
is it true what seatguru says that the FG seats on the 763 in BE have slightly more legroom?

can you notice a difference in legroom between AB and FG?
There is a difference in legroom on the right side. I always opt for 3 or 4 F/G. Row 2 is too close to the galleys for my taste. Agree on avoiding the bulkheads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.