Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I didn't get any version of M&G coming in from ATH but not only were we 1 hour early for a tight connection (1.5 hr) but from off the plan to out of security must have been no more than 15 minutes. And my departure gate was not far away for JKF-MSP.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
So is meet and greet happening again (at least on occasion)?

Did two paid J LHR-JFK in August and was not greeted...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
No M&G for me at JFK when arriving from BCN in BE last weekend. Didn't necessarily need, though as it was my first time arriving at JFK T3, concievably could have been helpful.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:09 pm

Diamond Meet and Greet

Sorry,
Didn't read all the previous threads; however saying that:
M&G on recent flight SAN-JFK onward to LHR.
Return one week later; nothing.
That being said it looks like the return legs; having to go thru
Immigration/baggage xfr would be more complicated for the M&Greeters...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
I'm coming over from the UA forum, so I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere...

Have FTers experienced this variation of the M&G?
http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2012...-to-your-plane
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:48 am

Here is what you are looking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hlight=porsche which is quite different from the JFK M&G.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
No meet and greet arriving on DL 211, PRG-JFK on 9/12/12.
I have GE so that wasn't a problem. But bags, including those with yellow tags took forever to get to the belt.
I had an almost 3 hour layover for my connection to DCA.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Folks, there is no more official Meet-and-Greet anymore at JFK since the incident some time ago. Now, there is an agent holding a "Diamond Medallions" sign right after you get off the plane, who hands out the "Quick Connect" cards to DMs so that they don't get stuck in the hallway at T3 leading down to immigration. (for those who have arrived from NRT or Europe at T3 JFK on a busy summer afternoon, you know you could be stuck up there in the hallway for a while if the immigration area below is too crowded. There is a center "expedite" lane for GE and Quick Connects however, and that's why the DM agent is there to help expedite the DMs down to immigration with the Quick Connect cards).
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:11 pm

Sorry, but I missed the story about the incident in question. When was this?

I had a DL agent meet me soon after I left the GE kiosk when I came in from IST this past April. I thought she called this kind of a temporary version of M&G to keep the employees on staff with a view to restoring the original service.

When I came in from ATH two weeks ago, I don't remember seeing anybody with a DM sign but myself and a couple from BE were allowed to escape from the line because we had GE.

Last edited by Xeno; Sep 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
No one met 211 from PRG on 9/12, but there were not crowds either. I used GE but passengers from 211 were the head of the lines at immigration.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I didn't see anyone meeting DL 95 with QuickConnect cards for DMs. The wait wasn't too bad, so it wouldn't have made much difference. That might have been just good luck. I can certainly see where QuickConnect cards would be useful.

What was the incident that brought down the curtain on M&G?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
I didn't get any version of M&G coming in from ATH but not only were we 1 hour early for a tight connection (1.5 hr) but from off the plan to out of security must have been no more than 15 minutes. And my departure gate was not far away for JKF-MSP.
Of course there was no M&G yesterday, but for the third time this year I was through the grid making my way to the departure gate (#15, JFK-ATL) in maybe 20 minutes. It helped yesterday to be 1A on a 764 (SVO-JFK) and coupled with GE and my suitcases being #6 and 7 then being the first in the security line.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
Of course there was no M&G yesterday, but for the third time this year I was through the grid making my way to the departure gate (#15, JFK-ATL) in maybe 20 minutes. It helped yesterday to be 1A on a 764 (SVO-JFK) and coupled with GE and my suitcases being #6 and 7 then being the first in the security line.
GE is getting more and more popular. For the first time last month, there was actually a line to use one of the 4 GE kiosks at JFK T4.

My personal best in using GE is under 40 seconds.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Last Friday, I came in to JFK on DL 4 from Heathrow. The DL agents were out in force with signs to meet DMs as we came off the plane and after collecting luggage in customs.

They looked up my sister's flight info to ensure I met her at the right terminal.

Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:30 pm

Wow Robin, so you have your own D&M entourage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.