Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Lost Luggage Call Center shut down?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles

For weeks now, when you dial 1-800-325-8224, Delta Lost Luggage, it says they have extremely high call volume and it hangs up on you. There is no option to wait on hold, it says to call back later. I have tried every hour of the day, its always the same.

Does anyone have any idea how someone can talk to someone at Delta about a lost luggage claim?

Brian
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by bfeeny
For weeks now, when you dial 1-800-325-8224, Delta Lost Luggage, it says they have extremely high call volume and it hangs up on you. There is no option to wait on hold, it says to call back later. I have tried every hour of the day, its always the same.

Does anyone have any idea how someone can talk to someone at Delta about a lost luggage claim?

Brian
Two options I can think of

1. Call your normal Medallion number and ask them for assistance, in my experience they are very helpful

2. If you live near the airport I would go to the local Delta baggage claim office, assuming you have tracking info on the lost piece of luggage they should be able to help you and if necessary to help track down a working phone number for the toll free group.

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Third option

If you are okay waiting longer you can also try to email [email protected]. You didn't indicate when the loss occured so I don't know if you fancy waiting longer. My experience with the email has been great.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
If that happened to me, I'd call the CEO's office. And yes, I'm serious. Lost luggage information isn't a "customer service" issue, it's a "Delta has my property and I want it back" issue. If they can't get even this down, then there really is no hope.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly

I'd call the CEO's office.
Really?

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
Think Delta's new 72-hour rule sucks? Fill out your DOT complaint form here.
Really??
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by FlyingForEternity
Really?
Really!

Originally Posted by FlyingForEternity
Really??
Really!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.