Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So what's new with the Delta Sky Clubs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So what's new with the Delta Sky Clubs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:49 pm

The RDU SkyClub has rearranged the food in a much more sensible format. They may also have added olives; I can't remember whether they were there before.

Of course, the adjacent American Airlines club has the delicious smell of hot food and a big sign announcing it. How long will it take Delta to follow suit?

On a completely unrelated note, is the AA lounge at RDU in Priority Pass?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by buffcoat
No, but there is a (airport-owned) non-airline affiliated club in Terminal 1 which is on the PP list.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Also, the two Sky Clubs in the E Concourse in Atlanta will be combined and — once completed, which is expected to occur in Spring 2012 — will be the second largest Sky Club.

Ah, I enjoy that 2nd SkyClub since most folks don't know to walk past the 1st one.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by buffcoat
Of course, the adjacent American Airlines club has the delicious smell of hot food and a big sign announcing it. How long will it take Delta to follow suit?

Never mind, I didn't realize that they charged for it. No thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/ SPG Double Platinum/ Hyatt Diamond/ HH Gold/ Exec Elite Emerald/ "MATTERHORN VIP" Aspirant
CVG can claim bragging rights as the largest, roomiest SkyClub in terms of per capita square footage available/ population density.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Also, the two Sky Clubs in the E Concourse in Atlanta will be combined and — once completed, which is expected to occur in Spring 2012 — will be the second largest Sky Club.
Since most of my flights are international I would like to know if the new E SC will have a quiet area where one can relax if forced to layover for 4 hours or more? Currently I have to go to C36/39 to find what I need at ATL.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by atldlff
This will be followed up by the opening of a new roof top club in Seattle at the end of August, with great views of Mt. Ranier.
HALLE-****in'-LUJAH!!!!

When the SEA club shut down I honestly felt like I had lost a true friend. I used to get to the airport ~3 hours before departure to finish editing Seahawks footage and have met many many friends over the years in that club. Many of whom I still go out of my way to meet when we're near each other.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by ssk1127
No, but there is a (airport-owned) non-airline affiliated club in Terminal 1 which is on the PP list.
RDU should have a US Airways Club opening in T2 by the end of the year which is likely to be on the PP list.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
So is the new SEA SC still opening 8-31-11? Someone please post pics if possible....
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
So is the new SEA SC still opening 8-31-11? Someone please post pics if possible....
That is currently the plan... but as always, subject to change based on finalizing the occupancy certificate and a list of other key items. The last two openings involved crews working behind the scenes, painting, arranging, hanging signs and cleaning up - literally right up to the moment the clubs opened.

I would have enjoyed being at this club opening as SEA is one of my favorite cities in the US, but I have been promised a few pictures of the club, so stay tuned for those very soon! Word has it that the new Rooftop club has a spectacular view of Mt. Rainier (assuming Mother Nature cooperates)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by Justin23
Ah, I enjoy that 2nd SkyClub since most folks don't know to walk past the 1st one.
Used to be the old Business Elite lounge, didn't it? LOVED their hot food and sweets selections in the afternoons/evenings!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
That is currently the plan... but as always, subject to change based on finalizing the occupancy certificate and a list of other key items. The last two openings involved crews working behind the scenes, painting, arranging, hanging signs and cleaning up - literally right up to the moment the clubs opened.

I would have enjoyed being at this club opening as SEA is one of my favorite cities in the US, but I have been promised a few pictures of the club, so stay tuned for those very soon! Word has it that the new Rooftop club has a spectacular view of Mt. Rainier (assuming Mother Nature cooperates)
I'm assuming if all this construction is going on it is in a new location rather than it's old home? Do you know approximately what gate it's near now so I can get a mental picture?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:43 pm
Suspended

As a point of interest, this club, which has undergone several renovations, was the first Delta “Crown Room” when the new Atlanta Hartsfield mid-field terminal opened in 1980. Check out the 80's hairstyles and briefcases! Many thanks to Marie Force, Archives Manager, Delta Air Transport Heritage Museum for providing the picture and validating that the A17 Crown Room was Delta's original Flagship club in ATL.

Great picture of Bill Clinton in the original Crown Room
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by photojojo
Do you know approximately what gate it's near now so I can get a mental picture?
The remodeled Delta Sky Club in Seattle is located near gate S9.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:13 pm

The remodeled Delta Sky Club in Seattle is located near gate S9.
OH WOW! I didn't even know we moved from A to S. Thank you Canarsie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.