Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So what's new with the Delta Sky Clubs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So what's new with the Delta Sky Clubs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Canarsie
The A-17 Delta Sky Club in Atlanta is the most frequented, while the terminal club in Detroit is largest in terms of square footage.
A-17 has always had the worst Wi-Fi service by far of any SC. Possibly due to the crowds overloading the network. I have filed multiple complaints with T-mobile and Delta about this.

I hope they took the opportunity to upgrade the Wi-Fi service during the renovation.

David
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
And once again, MSP is denied bragging rights.
Yup, this is truly damning evidence that MSP will be de-hubbed soon..
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Finally, to re-confirm: the Sky Club in Seattle is certain to open at the end of August
Thanks for the (re-)confirmation. And for all the info.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
The A-17 Delta Sky Club in Atlanta is the most frequented, while the terminal club in Detroit is largest in terms of square footage.
Certainly believe you, but was wondering how the BOS club compares in square footage? Might just be that I have never seen it as full as either of those clubs, and it just seems bigger.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
...using only the refreshments served in Sky Clubs as its ingredients...
That would make for one wicked ingredients basket on Food Network's Chopped.

Come to think of it, Iron Chef America would be pretty cool with Biscoffs as the secret ingredient.

O.K., now I'm hungry.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:45 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
That old photo made me chuckle. When was the last time red-coats served drinks in the club?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Looks cool, I hope they've done something to reduce the ambient noise level. I love that I can get out of the terminal (with the INterminable CNN airport blaring, and "warnings" from the TSA) and get some peace and quiet (my favorite lounges are in CVG because there's hardly anyone ever there).

If they had those Minute Suites there (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...oms10_ST_N.htm) I'd sign up for those
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Thank you very much for the great post! It's wonderful to have someone to help facilitate communication between the community and Delta.

I love the Sky Club product. My biggest concern would be adding back in more locations, like Denver and Phoenix. Next would be more trivial-- perhaps bringing back some of the lost items from the bar like Makers Mark and Grand Marnier.

As far as biggest club, Cincinnati has got to rank up there in size! Plus, there's never anyone using it.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by atldlff
P.S. Check out my favorite picture from our photo shoot last week.

Was it a 772 or 77L? It's hard to tell the difference between a 764 and 777 unless you see the wings and engines.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Was in this club last Thursday. Love love love all the electrical outlets. There aren't any upstairs in the middle section where the chairs are moveable, which is understandable, but one will never have trouble finding an outlet, now. ^^

Do not love the new red chair/booth/throney thingies where you can't talk to a companion, but that may be the point of enclosing the person sitting...I dunno.

Overall it is a step up from what it was.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 5:25 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
Do not love the new red chair/booth/throney thingies where you can't talk to a companion, but that may be the point of enclosing the person sitting...I dunno.
Those red chairs were not the most comfortable chairs in which I have ever sat — nor were they easy from which one extricates oneself — but there are a few nice features about them:
c
  • They are rather private — excellent for when you are traveling alone and do not want to be bothered
  • They absorb sound — it is not only quieter when sitting in those chairs, but I found I had to speak louder when I wanted to talk to someone
  • The teardrop-shaped tables are sturdy, yet they swivel for convenience
  • There are several places in the chair to lean your head if you want to take a nap

If you want to talk to a companion, there are several other types of seating options available throughout this Sky Club — with or without tables.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:26 pm
Wid
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Was it a 772 or 77L? It's hard to tell the difference between a 764 and 777 unless you see the wings and engines.
I can tell you that it was ship number 7105 which is a Boeing 777-200LR as I was present when this photo was taken.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:31 pm

Thanks for the updates and looking forward to visiting the newly redesigned A club! (and also the new ATL F Sky Club when it opens in 2012).

I believe the IND club gets < 200 visitors a day (to put it into perspective as to number of visitors).
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I just came out of the new A17. The upper section is much more open. I was surprised to see the same bar..
The lower section where the Bar is located remained open during the renovation construction. The entire club was closed for four days prior to the re-opening, and during that time I believe they replaced the furniture, carpeting, artwork and made some other cosmetic changes, but there was no major construction done to the part of the club. I personally like that Bar so I am glad it stayed.

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
The one thing that is odd, is that it is like old meets new. Kind of like a half classic/half new feel..... It smells cleaner.
Delta recently installed commerical grade "Scent Theraphy" units in the Clubs. (That is not the official name for it, but that is what I call it). These units help to "enhance" your Sky Club experience. With that said, don't look for a the "Sky Club" scent to be available in stores soon.

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Also love that photo of you. Reminds me of George Clooney looking out at the plane in Up in the Air.
OK... I think it is scary that another FT member can even recognize my silhouette; however, I like that the picture reminds you of George.

Originally Posted by NYBanker
That old photo made me chuckle. When was the last time red-coats served drinks in the club?

Originally Posted by TransWorldOne
Thank you very much for the great post! It's wonderful to have someone to help facilitate communication between the community and Delta.
Our pleasure, since we aren't currently planning a Delta FT event, I have some bandwidth to do some small projects like this. Our goal is to foster better connection points between the the FlyerTalk community and Delta. As we said earlier, look for some additional details on the SkyClubs in the near future.

Time permitting, we may consider some future connection points to other areas in Delta - such as Airport Customer Service (ACS), the Delta Social Media team, In-Flight Services and/or a sneak peak at the new Atlanta International Terminal in 2012. Let us know if you have a topic of particular interest.

Originally Posted by Wid
I can tell you that it was ship number 7105 which is a Boeing 777-200LR as I was present when this photo was taken.
Well, since we were in this club before it opened, I think I might know who this is. Thank you for being such a great resource and spending hours with us touring the ATL airport! You are the epitome of Customer Service!

Have a great weekend everyone. Look for highlights of the Concourse D club next week.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:41 am
HRS

Programs: DL Plat. 2V Guest Rewards
I was in SEA earlier this week and saw the construction. I was surprised at what I though was going to be a real small Sky Club from the footprint of the temp. construction walls. Also, the ceiling pannels were opened up all over the place.

This explains it: A roof top Sky Club! The construction walls were only enclosing the entry lobby and the opened up ceiling pannels sure gives a hint of the larger club footprint on the roof.

It will be a great view from up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.