Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles and Worldperks account merger

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Skymiles and Worldperks account merger

My daughter flew for the first time on Delta recently and I opened a skymiles account for her. She got a bonus for flying for the first time. I discovered that she was a Northwest Worldperks Member and called Delta to find out if those miles could be added to her Skymiles account. They issued a new number for her Worldperks account which is now Skymiles. I requested for a merger of the old Worldperks (with new skymiles number) and the Skymiles account I opened for her. They took away the bonus she got earlier for flying Delta for the first time because it was for a brand new Skymiles member only and an old worldperks number does not qualify her for the bonus though she has never flown Delta before.
Any recourse for getting the bonus back ?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:16 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by aratiradhi
Any recourse for getting the bonus back ?
Only if you resolve the conundrum of being both a first-time flyer and repeat customer.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I doubt it since you admit to them that your daughter is not a first-time flyer by merging her old NW account which automatically changed to a DL account during the merger.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Not to mention the first time mileage bonus probably wasn't much, what, 500 miles? The merger of NW and DL meant the merger of World Perks and SM. Therefore, it's one program. The CSRs when you call are happy to merge accounts, but as others have noted, you can't have both since it is now one program.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did not have any good luck, but sure learnt a valuable lesson.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.