Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

100% bonus when you buy, gift, or transfer miles

100% bonus when you buy, gift, or transfer miles

Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by HikerT
That's great news! Anyone else here value their miles less than 1 cent? Feel free to PM me.
I value them at 1.5cpm. Note that I only intend to use my miles for trips to Australia in J on VA.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
If you need to make a last minute change on your award ticket you lose ALL of your miles redeemed. You'd be foolish to ever fork over cash for these miles.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:03 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Why is the website dn.delta? sounds like a scam website
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by rasmcasm
If you need to make a last minute change on your award ticket you lose ALL of your miles redeemed. You'd be foolish to ever fork over cash for these miles.
Well, all I know is my PM inbox is empty. Anyone willing to put DL miles where there mouth is?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:08 pm

At this point, I wouldn't buy any miles on DL.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by flymanbeast
Why is the website dn.delta? sounds like a scam website
Names of sites on the Internet have their most significant values on the right. Anything with .delta.com after it is owned by Delta.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:15 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver
If you can find low Biz award fares (i.e. 100-120k) redemption plus tax and fees, then they would equate to around 3-4 cpm. But majority of time it is hard to find these low awards.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:03 am

I don't fly DL anymore, but still have some left over miles, which I could transfer and get doubled.

I used to be able to book AF flights on delta.com, but for some reason I can't find availability anymore. Is this a glitch -- do I have to call to check, or they just don't have AF J class available anymore for awards? I am thinking CDG-SIN or BKK route. It used to be 120K in J R/T I think.

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:16 am

Cost of miles?

Did Delta raise their price per mile from 2.8 cents per mile to 3.5? Is it just for this promotion?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by kleintalk
Did Delta raise their price per mile from 2.8 cents per mile to 3.5? Is it just for this promotion?
Yes, they raised it before the promotion, and then claimed you'll get 100% bonus miles for purchasing. I doubt it'll be lowered.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
a torrent of low-level awards coming to you soon

Originally Posted by ademarco
If you can find low Biz award fares (i.e. 100-120k) redemption plus tax and fees, then they would equate to around 3-4 cpm. But majority of time it is hard to find these low awards.
Just wait until Aug. 16: 1,000,000 new ones will suddenly appear.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I don't fly DL anymore, but still have some left over miles, which I could transfer and get doubled.

I used to be able to book AF flights on delta.com, but for some reason I can't find availability anymore. Is this a glitch -- do I have to call to check, or they just don't have AF J class available anymore for awards? I am thinking CDG-SIN or BKK route. It used to be 120K in J R/T I think.

Thanks!
I have the opposite problem. I can only find low award biz flights on partners (KLM, AF) from DXB to NA, but only high awards when you fly on Delta. You can try to search one ways on routes you are interested in and then piece together the one ways for a low award. I can only find low awards on TATL flights and not TPAC.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:37 am

Another example of unethical DL behavior, IMO!

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Yes, they raised it before the promotion, and then claimed you'll get 100% bonus miles for purchasing. I doubt it'll be lowered.

Last edited by aceflyer2; Aug 12, 2011 at 1:23 am
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:34 am

30 bucks fee, is it for per transaction (30k limit per transaction). If so, transferring 150k then the fee would be $150. so the total cost of transfer of 150k points would be $1773.75, inclusive of 7.5% tax (cpm is 1.1825). Is my math correct?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I travel to LAS a few times per year and get a business RT for 45k. 1 cpm on 45k is $450 and you often can't even get economy for that.
How about cargo space?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.