Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Priority Boarding for AMEX Card Holders

Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;

Get On the Plane Fast With the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express New priority boarding benefit is latest enhancement to flight experience for Cardmembers and their travel companions
ATLANTA and NEW YORK, August 2, 2011 --

American Express (NYSE: AXP) and Delta Air Lines (NYSEAL) today unveiled two new benefits priority boarding and in-flight savings for eligible U.S. Consumer and Small Business Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers.

Starting September 1, Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers will enjoy priority boarding on Delta flights. With this new benefit theyll have early access to overhead compartments and extra time to get settled. Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers will continue to use the Sky Priority lane and have access to Premium Security lines where available.

The introduction of priority boarding for Cardmembers will work like the valuable First Bag Free Card benefit. Gold, Platinum and Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers can check one bag for free and extend the benefit to others traveling in their reservation on every Delta flight. Similarly, with priority boarding, Cardmembers may welcome travel companions to board the flight with them.

We know our Cardmembers love the First Bag Free benefit especially their ability to share it with others traveling in their reservation said Gunther Bright, senior vice president and general manager, co-brand partnerships, American Express. This year, were thrilled to extend that experience by adding priority boarding and in-flight savings benefits for Cardmembers. Now friends and families can board early together and save together on in-flight purchases using their Card.

All Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers will receive a 20 percent savings beginning September 1 on eligible Delta in-flight amenities including food, beverages, movies, television shows and video games.

We continue to build a better travel experience for Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Cardmembers and these new benefits are significant wins for the customer, said Jeff Robertson, vice president, SkyMiles, Delta Air Lines. Now in addition to checking a bag at no cost, customers can enjoy early boarding which results in stress-free stowage of carry-on bags and discounts on in-flight purchases both of which are priorities for our co-brand customers.

Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Benefits and Features

American Express offers several Delta co-brand Credit Cards, including the Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cards, and Delta Reserve Credit Card, which feature many benefits in addition to priority boarding and in-flight savings:
  • A free checked bag on every Delta flight up to a $50 savings per person on a round-trip ticket available for the Cardmember and up to eight people traveling in their reservation
  • One mile for every eligible dollar spent on the Card
  • Double miles for all Delta purchases
  • No limit to the number of miles Cardmembers can earn and miles dont expire
  • Ability to Pay with Miles Cardmembers can pay for all or a portion of the cost of any Delta seat with no black out dates or seat restrictions
  • Domestic companion certificate upon annual renewal of Cardmembership
  • Ability to redeem miles at discounted redemption rates on hotel stays, car rentals merchandise and more

More information about the new Delta SkyMiles Credit Card benefits is available at www.delta.com/mycardcan. Customers interested in applying for or learning more about Delta SkyMiles Credit Cards from American Express may visit www.mycardcan.com/newbenefits.

About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on acebook.com/americanexpress, twitter.com/americanexpress and youtube.com/americanexpress.

About Delta
Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. With its unsurpassed global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to 358 destinations in 66 countries on six continents. Delta employs more than 70,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of nearly 800 aircraft. A founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance, Delta participates in the industrys leading trans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France KLM. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 16,000 daily flights, with hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City and Tokyo-Narita. The airlines service includes the SkyMiles frequent flier program, the worlds largest airline loyalty program; the award-winning BusinessElite service; and more than 45 Delta Sky Clubs in airports worldwide. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes, check bags and review flight status at delta.com.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:45 am

This would be Delta matching the priority boarding benefit that United introduced with its new MileagePlus Explorer card.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

So the boarding process that is already a zoo will be further "enhanced" by people who now KNOW they are privileged and will be sure to push their way past all the Paid FC and DM/PM members in line saying "I am a AMEX holder...step aside" and demanding their AMEX given benefits.

You know, if Delta were good at boarding and the GA's actually enforced zones and demanded that lice stay seated until their zone is called, they could get away with this. Today it is a total joke in just about every airport so I know they cannot handle another in the long list of "priority" zones...what is so priority about half the plane rushing the gate?

I am so sick of this stuff....
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
One less reason to be a FO?

Wonder what they mean by "priority" boarding... will they be Zone 3 after all elites, but before general boarding?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hrmmmm, even more people boarding in Zone 1?
And we thought the gate-lice issue is bad now...

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Yay! I have the Gold card - now my family gets Priority Boarding!

Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Feeling bad for the FOs today, as their boarding zone just grew to include 2/3 of the passengers left zfter zone 1 boards.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by javabytes

Wonder what they mean by "priority" boarding... will they be Zone 3 after all elites, but before general boarding?
That's how United is doing it.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express

AMEX cardholders will now be allowed to board with Zone 2.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else

This page says Zone 2.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by nytraveller53
AMEX cardholders will now be allowed to board with Zone 2.
I've been somebody who stuck up for Delta despite the watering down of Silver. With upgrade ratio going down due to medallion inflation, this takes away one of the few benefits to Silver. I never check a bag, so I could care less about that. As an ATL based flyer, everyone and their mother has a DL Amex card. I don't know about others, but I am welcoming Southwest with open arms. In fact, it will actually be nice not to feel like a low level medallion junky.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by micstatic
I've been somebody who stuck up for Delta despite the watering down of Silver. With upgrade ratio going down due to medallion inflation, this takes away one of the few benefits to Silver. I never check a bag, so I could care less about that. As an ATL based flyer, everyone and their mother has a DL Amex card. I don't know about others, but I am welcoming Southwest with open arms. In fact, it will actually be nice not to feel like a low level medallion junky.
After this new Priority Boarding benefit for AmEx cardholders, I don't know how "priority" it'll be anymore, since quite a few people have the card.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:57 am

delete

Last edited by nytraveller53; Aug 2, 2011 at 8:03 am
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
So, for $150 per year to AMEX, you get almost the same privs as a Silver.

They should go ahead and let them in the crown room and get upgrades too...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: 1st Class Only
What the heck?

Okay Delta, fix this now.
Allow FO to use Sky Priority lane when Zone 2 is announced!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.