Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Priority Boarding for AMEX Card Holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Priority Boarding for AMEX Card Holders

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Credit card holders are the new silver at UA and DL.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
Credit card holders are the new silver at UA and DL.
Well, not really. At least not yet. Now, if they add comp upgrades for card holders, then yes, you would be right.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: sans status now :(
Well, even as a Gold I never score any upgrades, so not sure what the difference is! Maybe I'll drop status and just keep the card....
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by africaflier
Priority boarding now comes with the platinum Amex skymiles card.

Is anyone else bummed out that this means more people will have priority boarding? Certainly seems to dilute the value of earning status on Delta...
To be fair, it also comes with the Gold AmEx Skymiles card as well Kettles of the world unite!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
Haven't flown since this perk became activated for the credit card holders. Have people been noticing a fiasco during boarding? Or are things business as usual?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I saw the earlier thread but did not get an email from AMEX until today and it would seem not to be perks that I need.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
I feel sorry for all the FOs who board zone 2 who will now have a zoo-like, Southwest-esque boarding process once their zone is called. I can just see it now: on certain popular routes I wouldn't be surprised to see more people in Zone 2 than in Zones 3 and 4 combined.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by africaflier
Well, even as a Gold I never score any upgrades, so not sure what the difference is! Maybe I'll drop status and just keep the card....
You still have priority for security as gold which I think is a great benefit (IF the priority line is being enforced) at peak times. IMO that is the best benefit between FO and Gold
Old May 28, 2013, 8:02 pm

Now that this has been a benefit for awhile, can someone explain the details of the priority boarding benefit?

e.g. do you get the benefit for having the card, or must you purchase the tickets by using the card - and if you get the benefit for holding the card, do you need to show your card, is it printed on your boarding pass, or other?

Edit: My question has been answered in this other thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20827161

Last edited by gvaughn; May 28, 2013 at 8:26 pm Reason: question answered in another thread...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.