Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New BE transcon menu / F gets new servingware / new BE kit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BE transcon menu / F gets new servingware / new BE kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Looks the entrees may taste better on the BE services JFK-LAX/SFO but we lose the salad and the protein in the app may be less substantial.

Hope it doesn't mean getting served app and entree all at once. Seems like a nod to the Virgin America service though. Let's see if the wine improves.

Will withhold judgement until trying it...

PRESS RELEASE: Delta Welcomes Michael Chiarello to Food and Wine Team DAL.N

Other onboard elements enhanced including amenity kit, new service ware

ATLANTA, Aug. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) has added renowned chef Michael Chiarello to its team of food and wine experts. Chiarello is creating delicious, innovative menus to be offered in Delta's BusinessElite cabin on domestic flights connecting New York's John F. Kennedy Airport to Los Angeles and San Francisco beginning in September.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090202/DELTALOGO )
"Michael is known throughout the culinary world as a distinguished Napa Valley restaurateur and culinary innovator," said Joanne Smith, Delta's senior vice president -- In-Flight Service. "His knack for integrating Southern Italian cuisine with his northern California's 'foodie' lifestyle make him a perfect fit for Delta's transcontinental BusinessElite customers."
Chef Chiarello's distinctive menu will be onboard beginning in September and includes three courses: an antipasto plate, entree and dessert course featuring fine cheeses and gelati.
"I am excited to partner with Delta to help further their already strong in-flight culinary program by bringing a celebration of the Italian table to their customers," Chiarello said. "I am looking forward to welcoming Delta's BusinessElite customers with a flavorful selection of some of my favorite dishes."
A sample of Chiarello's menu items created for Delta customers include:
PRIMO (First Course)
Antipasti Misto
Prosciutto, roasted red peppers, grilled eggplant, and crostini with artichoke spread or Mozzarella rotola, grilled zucchini, roasted yellow peppers, and crostini with sun-dried tomato spread
SECONDO (Main Course)
Pan Seared Filet of Beef
With pesto, broccolini and carrot caponata
Chicken Vendemia
Verjus sauce with chive mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus
Fusilli Michelangelo
Corkscrew pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, fresh arugula, pine nuts, red chili flakes and parmesan
DOLCE (Dessert)
Selection of Old World Fine Cheeses
Prima Donna, Cambozola and Robiola; offered with fresh fruit
Gelati
Assorted flavors including strawberry, pistachio, or chocolate hazelnut
Beginning August 19, Delta will introduce new meal trays, linens and glassware to First Class and BusinessElite as part of the service inspired by top restaurants around the globe. The new serviceware is more modern and was chosen based on direct feedback from Delta customers and flight attendants. In addition, BusinessElite customers can look forward to new amenity kits.
"Our vision was to launch a contemporary line of premium cabin serviceware that enhances the dining experience, functions for all aircraft types and can be elegantly and efficiently delivered by our flight attendants," said Smith. " And taking a cue from our best customers, we've enhanced the BusinessElite amenity kit with a higher quality bag, softer eyeshades with a more comfortable strap and larger toothpaste."
These investments continue the airline's focus on the customer experience, including a $2 billion investment through 2013. In addition to these new onboard enhancements, Delta has completed installation of Wi-Fi on its mainline domestic fleet, will offer full flat-bed seats on more than 160 widebody aircraft, feature personal, in-seat entertainment for both BusinessElite and Economy class customers on all widebody flights, and complete new terminal facilities for international customers at its two largest global gateways -- Atlanta and New York-JFK.
Chef Chiarello graduated from The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. He is the chef/owner of Bottega, his acclaimed restaurant in Yountville, CA, purveyor of NapaStyle, a multi-channel lifestyle retailer, award-winning multiple cookbook author and highly rated vintner. He has twice been named Chef of the Year by Food and Wine Magazine and by the Culinary Institute of America. Chef Chiarello has also earned three Emmy Awards for Food Network's Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, for which Michael co-produces, writes and stars, and has competed on Bravo's Top Chef Masters. Chiarello will appear on Food Network's Next Iron Chef this fall, 2011.
Chef Chiarello joins Delta's current food and wine team which includes chef Michelle Bernstein and master sommelier Andrea Robinson. Miami-based Chef Bernstein is a James Beard Award winner (Best Chef South 2007) and author of Cuisine a Latina (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt 2008). She is the owner, creator and executive chef of Michy's and Sra. Martinez restaurants. Andrea Robinson serves as Dean of Wine Studies at the French Culinary Institute, where she graduated with honors from its professional culinary program, a master sommelier, and a chef. She is one of only 14 women in the world who have been made Master Sommelier by the Court of Master Sommeliers. She was named the James Beard Foundation Wine and Spirits Professional of the Year in 2002.
Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year, and was named by Fortune magazine as the most admired airline worldwide in its 2011 World's Most Admired Companies airline industry list. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to 355 destinations in 65 countries on six continents. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. A founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance, Delta participates in the industry's leading trans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 13,000 daily flights, with hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City and Tokyo-Narita. The airline's service includes the SkyMiles frequent flier program, a world-class airline loyalty program; the award-winning BusinessElite service; and more than 50 Delta Sky Clubs in airports worldwide. Delta is investing more than $2 billion through 2013 in airport facilities and global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes, check bags and review flight status at delta.com.
SOURCE Delta Air Lines
/CONTACT: Delta Corporate Communications, +1-404-715-2554; news archive at news.delta.com
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Looks like I'll have my last old style BE food courses this week as I've got a r/t JFK-LAX later this week upfront. One last hurrah the old way, though looking forward to the Gelati as a desert when the new menu debuts.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
What's up with Delta and red peppers??? I'm beginning to think Anderson has a pepper farm and is unloading that crap on the airline.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Looks like the international BE menu selections have changed as well starting August 1:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ite/dining.jsp

They have a display in the middle of the T2-T3 connector at JFK - one side is a video of the new facilities, etc., and the other side has an example of the 764 BE flat-bed seat, together with the new menu. amenities kit, new meal tray, new glassware, cutlery, napkin, etc.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
"The new serviceware is more modern and was chosen based on direct feedback from Delta customers and flight attendants."

Square plates -- see the picture at ClipperDelta's link. The latest thing!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Bummer if this really means no salad in addition to the meal. I will miss the soup offerings as well. Look forward to enjoying it one last time in a couple weeks!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
New menu looks good.

DL - if you are reading this - you might want to have someone proofread the menu.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:53 am
mdb

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Looks like the international BE menu selections have changed as well starting August 1:

They have a display in the middle of the T2-T3 connector at JFK - one side is a video of the new facilities, etc., and the other side has an example of the 764 BE flat-bed seat, together with the new menu. amenities kit, new meal tray, new glassware, cutlery, napkin, etc.
I love the picture of some nice rack of lamb, but not in any of the menus... Frankly the menu looks no different to me.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

Does anyone have a photo of this?

Didn't DL replace service items in BE and first a couple of years ago? Why the changes?

Is DL finally getting rid of the paper placemat? (if so, YEAH!)
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL FO
+1 on being bummed if the salad is gone. FAs could usually put two together if you felt like a healthier option.

Though not healthy, I had the burger on the SFO-JFK redeye the other night... yum.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Excited about these changes! Anyone have a good picture of the new amenity kit they can share? There are only so many uses I can come up to repurpose the red drum kits for, so I'm looking forward to a new shape

Comparing DL/AF/KL, Delta has the best amenity kit contents, and AF unsurprisingly has the best amenity kit bag. If DL is updating their bag, they have the opportunity to be in the running for best overall in Skyteam TATL. (KLM's is pretty, uh, grim in comparison to either...)
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Along the lines of the product improvements, a huge ^ to Delta for putting together this page summarizing fleet investments:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...s/progress.jsp

Love the summarized stats on the product improvements - really well designed and concise. Delta should really push this page more prominently and take some credit for the positive changes they're making...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by BenA
Excited about these changes! Anyone have a good picture of the new amenity kit they can share? There are only so many uses I can come up to repurpose the red drum kits for, so I'm looking forward to a new shape

Comparing DL/AF/KL, Delta has the best amenity kit contents, and AF unsurprisingly has the best amenity kit bag. If DL is updating their bag, they have the opportunity to be in the running for best overall in Skyteam TATL. (KLM's is pretty, uh, grim in comparison to either...)
You haven't seen AZ's bags. They are truly amazing. The bags themselves are quite large and high quality, and they're loaded with large containers of Bulgari white tea products.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by BenA

But KL does have the little houses which makes up for a lot.

Cheers
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Sounds good! About time tray linens are returning back to domestic F.

Anyone can send a link to the picture(s) of the new domestic F flatware/linens? Does anyone know what color the linens will be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.