Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Wouldnt it be nice if Gogo wifi allowed free access more websites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi All,

Can Gogo will have a consider to allowed free access more website is:

www.facebook.com
www.flightaware.com
www.aol.com
www.yahoo.com
www.flyertalk.com
www.airliners.net

Can DL will have to get free access more website. Can they do that? That way those passengers who don't have to pay $12.95 for 24 hours in advance.

Your thoughts? Comments?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:47 am

Thread title a bit misleading, thought this was referencing an actual announcement from GoGo.

I too wish GoGo would allow free access to the list of websites I visit most frequently. Not sure why they would, as their revenue would surely suffer.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Thread title a bit misleading, thought this was referencing an actual announcement from GoGo.
That's what I thought, too.

If GoGo did that, then they'd have no business.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:04 am
Suspended

Not a business plan . . .

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi All,

Can Gogo will have a consider to allowed free access more website is:

www.facebook.com
www.flightaware.com
www.aol.com
www.yahoo.com
www.flyertalk.com
www.airliners.net

Can DL will have to get free access more website. Can they do that? That way those passengers who don't have to pay $12.95 for 24 hours in advance.

Your thoughts? Comments?
This would be like an ice cream store owner giving away five flavors but charging for the rest. The owner would be in business only one day.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Why do people think they should get everything for free?

that being said, dont you dare take my fc upgrades away from me
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
When GoGo offers access to a site for free, it's because the owner of that site (or a third party) has paid them something in order to promote the site. The same goes for when the full service is offered for free. They aren't just doing it to be nice to customers and not make them pay - it's all marketing. And seriously, you think niche aviation-related sites would be anywhere near the top of a list of sites that may do this?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Amex Delta Reserve + Platinum MR. Y, I book.
Free sites via gogo ?

Is there an existing list of sites you can visit for free without providing user login information over gogo ?

I have confirmed only two:

delta.com
marriott.com

others ?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:41 am

Along the same line, why doesn't Delta give free Gogo access to people sitting in First Class?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by Statguy
Along the same line, why doesn't Delta give free Gogo access to people sitting in First Class?
Please, don't do anything to encourage more folks to use the Gogo. Most flights I am on it is quite slow already.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Choice Hotels Plat, Avis First, AMEX MR Plat
DL should offer it as a perk for DM or at least a discount.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
So they should have a magic curtain that makes it only work from row 1 to 4?

Being that go-go is not directly piped into DL's upgrade list how do you expect this to happen.

DL could offer "coupons" to facilitate this, but it is not something gogo could do.

There were rumors for a while that it could be offered as a coupon like the have one on us, put that never happened.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta GM
For a short time (near Gogo launch), the Have One On Us coupons were sometimes Gogo codes. Sometimes there were also Gogo reps in the airports handing out coupons to try Gogo for free.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Silver
Google, Facebook - and I think some car maker made gogo free for all around holiday season last year.

As far as free access to Elites/FC - gogo is not owned by Delta or any other airline. Gogo owners are not interested in giving out service for free - so Delta would have to pick up the tab
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
There is a new portal coming. See http://www.executiveroadwarrior.com/...flight-portal/
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:54 pm

I hope they jack up the bandwidth soon. I don't fly anything with IFE, even cross country, so I'd like to be able to reliably watch my Slingbox. That doesn't take a whole hell of a lot of bandwidth for a reasonable provider.

Sometimes it's doable, sometimes not. The free Gogo period was the worst.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.