Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Layover and Stopover Rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:13 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by KVS
Indeed, there is no such thing as a "layover", and the cumulative TPM of all connections (and stopovers) counts toward the MPM (if the MPM principle is used).
Thanks for the clarification and confirmation. It is a bit frustrating when people make up their own definitions for terms, which is why FrequentFlyer9000's and my posts went right past each other a while back.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
I'm trying to book an international award with a stopover in both directions.

SEA-DTW(stop)-ATL-STT(dest)-ATL-DTW(stop)-SEA

I believe this follows all the rules I'm aware of. I can find all segments in LOW, but it won't price correctly on Delta.com. Is this an example where I need to call and have the rate desk fix it?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by vxmike

I believe this follows all the rules I'm aware of. I can find all segments in LOW, but it won't price correctly on Delta.com. Is this an example where I need to call and have the rate desk fix it?
One stopover on an award ticket is all you're allowed.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by vxmike

You can only go to two destinations (one destination or open jaw and one stopover), not three. You need to cut one stopover here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.