DL's Boeing 757-200 (75E)

Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
I fly the 75A a few times a year JFK-ARN. Pretty good chair for sleeping and I like the small biz cabin (only 16 seats) though most would say to avoid the 757 TATL, I disagree.

I also fly the 75E a few times a years LAX-JFK. I really like this seat for TCON flights, especially the back massage function! There is a gogo wifi access point on this bird, but a few times it hasn't worked for me. Sometimes I end up in coach on this flight, it is a tough upgrade that I have never received anywhere but the battlefield. I live in SAN but I'll fly through LAX to New York rather than fly our nonstop if my schedule allows, rolling the dice at LAX for the upgrade. 3/6 over the last year.
As you fly JFK-ARN often, can you comment as to the 75As only having hand held video on TATL in BE, as FlynGyn noted? Sounds like a flashback to the handheld devices and cartridges from BE in the 90s. Haven't been on a 75A TATL.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by nytraveller53
What international 757 routes out of Atlanta does Delta have? I thought they were only going from NYC/BOS/PHL/PIT
They will from time to time make an appearance on ATL-BSB though that route is now mainly 75A
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
As you fly JFK-ARN often, can you comment as to the 75As only having hand held video on TATL in BE, as FlynGyn noted? Sounds like a flashback to the handheld devices and cartridges from BE in the 90s. Haven't been on a 75A TATL.
On the 75As, the armrest contains a "skeleton" of a PTV (basically just the arm to hold a PTV). The FAs will distribute the IFE set (it is similar to what UA offers in Business on their p.s. flights to LAX/SFO) after takeoff, together with a one-prong converter for the noise-cancelling headset.
The IFE set basically has a selection of movies, TV shows, and music CDs (though nowhere as many CDs as those on the 75E or 763 PTVs).

I haven't flown on a 75A for almost a year now (thank goodness) so I don't know if they have changed this yet, but they only add new movies/shows every two months! It was rather annoying since I was on that plane a few times a month!

Incidentally, AA's 763ERs do not feature an in-seat PTV in J either, and FAs distribute an IFE set which is collected one hour before landing; the AA set is much bigger than the DL 75A one though....
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Continental (Gold)
There are definitely some new "old" 757's. They are not NW and frequently used on the ATL-west coast 700pm departure, which return as the red eye. Initially, they had navy blue leather seats and had CRT's in the ceiling. They are very uncomfortable and lots of operational issues. I thought maybe DL had just pulled them from the desert to cover the spring capacity spike. However, DL has now refinished the seats in some of these aircraft to DL blue. They cannot be NW because NW did not have entertainment domesically and also had cloth seats in first class. I also don't think they took 757's to Europe from DTW. Either way, these new "old" planes are absolutely awful, and I will be happy when they disappear off ATL-SFO/LAX/SMF routes!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by ssm949
I also don't think they took 757's to Europe from DTW.
NW did have some short-lived 757 flights from DTW to Europe (DTW-DUS, DTW-BRU)
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Continental (Gold)
I think DL flys Int. 757's from ATL to northern South America
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
[CO's 757 flights between EWR to Scandinavia have seat-back IFE. And CO has been less likely to cancel my flights from Scandinavia than DL. Also, DL's 757s in this market are frequently lacking in baby-changing facilities, which makes for some additional messes in the general cabin area or who knows what in the bathrooms.
CO also has flat beds up front on these planes/routes, which is as good a reason as any to prefer them. But even coach has personal AVOD (and AC power).
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
Well... thread resurrection time.

I have a re-eye on this plane with the 160 degree, reclining BE seats. (No 75S with lie-flats unfortunately)

The cabin is essentially open and I am trying to decide on the best seat. SeatGuru says 1A & 1B have more legroom and are better, but is that no too close to the lights in the galley for an over night flight?

I recently got thrown into 1B on the 767 with lie-flats over night and it sucked compared to the window seats further back that I have been in before.

What would you all recommend on this flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.