Wiki Posts
Search

Best 757 BE Seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Best 757 BE Seat

I am flying JFK-KEF on the 75E and was wondering what everybody's opinion was in regards to the best seat in BE. Also, is the bulkhead a good choice? The last time I flew in the bulkhead of a 75E was about 3 years ago and I remember thinking positively about it but I don't remember much else.

Thanks!

Widgetkid
Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by WidgetKid
I am flying JFK-KEF on the 75E and was wondering what everybody's opinion was in regards to the best seat in BE. Also, is the bulkhead a good choice? The last time I flew in the bulkhead of a 75E was about 3 years ago and I remember thinking positively about it but I don't remember much else.

Thanks!

Widgetkid
Honestly on a 757 i think they are all pretty much the same, I think 2 or 3A is kind of best but that's because I do not like bulkheads ever, I always prefer windows and I don't like being in the last rows.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:45 pm

Row 1 can be slightly restrictive if you're tall. I'm 6'4 and while I've still been comfortable at the bulkhead, I prefer any of the other rows. It's nowhere near as bad as domestic bulkheads, though.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
avoid last row of BE on 757

The aisle seats in the last row are very close to the restrooms right behind them, and there is a light above the restroom doors which stays on at all times. On a recent flight I found this irritating (the see through curtain between Y & J does not block this). I think row 2 is always the best choice in F or J---you will also get your choice of meal.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 5:16 pm

My wife enjoyed 1D a few weeks ago JFK-ARN, of course I was 1C. Some people like 1B because 1A is mostly empty except when the crew rest occurs, and they use a curtain to separate themselves. If traveling alone I would choose 1B. Seriously though, they are all decent seats, similar to the cradles on the 763 and the old 764. Odd IFE, though I like that it isn't interrupted by the PA...

Looks like you're traveling eastward, I usually try to sleep in that direction and window seats work better for my sleep availability. JFK-KEF won't be a long enough flight for a "full night's" sleep though...

Last edited by w0r1dtrave1er; Jul 17, 2011 at 5:18 pm Reason: more detail
Old Jul 17, 2011, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We like 1CD and have snagged them every time on this type. However, neither of us is over 5'10" and I would think that if you are as much as four to six inches taller than that, you would be better off in another seat.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Thanks to all for the replies and advice; it's much appreciated!

W0r1dtravel1er, there is no crew rest on JFK-KEF so no luck there otherwise that would be my choice even thought it might be restrictive.

I'm 6'3" so it looks like I'll stick with what I have and avoid row 1.

Widgetkid
Old Jul 17, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
This has got to be the aircraft with the most consistent seating experience regardless of where you end up (for rows 1 - 4). The biggest differences IMO are that in row 1 it's easier to get up from the window since there's no seat in front to recline into your space, and that there are fewer pockets to stuff things (like water bottles and headsets) into.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.