Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ok, this one takes the cake (another DL.com issue...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC

Searching for some tickets to DEN -- using ITA find the following routing:
OAK-SLC-DEN-SLC-LAS-LAX-OAK for $340.20. Great! Go to multi-city to search for the same routing and find it, but it prices out at $492.20. Curious as to what the difference may be, I click on the "taxes/fees" link, and guess what price shows there? You guessed it: $340.20 ...

Even within Delta.com, prices are not consistent. Pathetic, and it really makes me distrust anything I see on that website.

Boo Delta, Boo...

For those who want to see for themselves, the flights are:
7/31: OAK-SLC (DL4732)
7/31: SLC-DEN (DL4715)
8/6: DEN-SLC (DL 2516)
8/6: SLC-LAS (DL 1783)
8/6: LAS-LAX (DL 4816)
8/6: LAX-OAK (DL 4808)
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by GBadger
Searching for some tickets to DEN -- using ITA find the following routing:
OAK-SLC-DEN-SLC-LAS-LAX-OAK for $340.20. Great! Go to multi-city to search for the same routing and find it, but it prices out at $492.20. Curious as to what the difference may be, I click on the "taxes/fees" link, and guess what price shows there? You guessed it: $340.20 ...

Even within Delta.com, prices are not consistent. Pathetic, and it really makes me distrust anything I see on that website.

Boo Delta, Boo...

For those who want to see for themselves, the flights are:
7/31: OAK-SLC (DL4732)
7/31: SLC-DEN (DL4715)
8/6: DEN-SLC (DL 2516)
8/6: SLC-LAS (DL 1783)
8/6: LAS-LAX (DL 4816)
8/6: LAX-OAK (DL 4808)
HUH - I don't follow your gripe. I get $340.20....took a snapshot, but don't know how to load that on here
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
HUH - I don't follow your gripe. I get $340.20....took a snapshot, but don't know how to load that on here
Ok, well, I do know how to load that on here, and here are my screenshots:

Showing the flights and the $492.20 fare...

And showing the $340.20 fare in the taxes and fees (with the $492.20 still showing in the background)...
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
If this is the worst thing you we had to complain about dl.com, we'd all be in pretty good shape.

It's a problem that the award search is pathetically bad.

It's a problem that sometimes your flight from NYC to DTW gets routed JFK NRT HKG DTW, with a "change airports" leg from NRT to HKG.

I can live with it mispricing a flight from DEN to OAK with 4 legs incorrectly.

Anyway, dunno about DL.com, but when I have a crazy routing like this, my corporate travel site also can't figure out how to price it well, but usually, as soon as they try to make the rez with DL, DL spits back the right price, and my corp travel site tells me that "your ticket has been repriced at XXX".
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevekstevek
If this is the worst thing you we had to complain about dl.com, we'd all be in pretty good shape.
Yeah, but when DL routinely mis-prices things, it really makes me hate using their website.

Exhibit B: The trip I ended up booking for SFO-DEN-SFO -- showed at $342.20 on ITA as well as delta.com. Got all the way past entering CC info, and got a "fare change" notice. Instantly left delta.com and went to Orbitz and booked it at the originally quoted $342.20.

Double Boo Delta...
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
Call the diamond line. I've called the silver line many times with these problems and they always seem to figure it out for me
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:13 pm

Here you go Mr Happiness - it's pretty small, but you can see...still $340.20 on delta.com

http://flyertalk.com/forum/members/f...ure3118-dl.jpg

Seems like it's Boo GBADGER Boo
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
I just priced it on Delta.com for $340.20.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
When there are frequent pricing errors like this, it undermines faith in Delta's eCommerce channel in the consumers' eyes.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Here you go Mr Happiness - it's pretty small, but you can see...still $340.20 on delta.com

http://flyertalk.com/forum/members/f...ure3118-dl.jpg

Seems like it's Boo GBADGER Boo
You're missing the point -- the inconsistency is the problem here. Why should I see those flights at $492 and you see them at $340? That makes no sense... Particularly when the price requested from me is $492, but the fare calculation actually shows it as $340...

Originally Posted by Deadtail
I just priced it on Delta.com for $340.20.
Which is why this is a problem.

Originally Posted by javabytes
When there are frequent pricing errors like this, it undermines faith in Delta's eCommerce channel in the consumers' eyes.
Exactly. This sort of thing makes me want to not even go to Delta.com to purchase flights.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Delta Data Error

Was scheduled MSP-JAX on an Embrier with 12 seats in first class. The board at Delta showed 8 seats assigned, and 1 available. Gate agent had it better she said 8 reserved with 4 available. This was 20 min prior to flight. The board was correct 10 minutes before flight.

Unfortunately, flight was delayed 30 minutes with 10 more added as the plane was fully boarded but the door not closed. Then we did a taxi tour of the airport and returned to the gate because of paperwork. Seemed like they were planning to drive to Jax.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:15 am

You're missing the point -- the inconsistency is the problem here. Why should I see those flights at $492 and you see them at $340? That makes no sense... Particularly when the price requested from me is $492, but the fare calculation actually shows it as $340...

Which is why this is a problem.

Exactly. This sort of thing makes me want to not even go to Delta.com to purchase flights.
Seems like everyone is getting it to price at $340 - except you...seems like it may be a user problem and not be a delta.com problem.

Looking at your screenshot maybe you are getting it for $492 because you're pricing the return as 4 one-way segments
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Seems like everyone is getting it to price at $340 - except you...seems like it may be a user problem and not be a delta.com problem.

Looking at your screenshot maybe you are getting it for $492 because you're pricing the return as 4 one-way segments
Still missing the point -- the itinerary should price out at 340 -- and even does on delta.com's taxes and fees. No matter how you search for it, it should price out the same. The issue is internal to delta.com. At the very least, the price should be consistent within a specific search (which its not).
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:42 pm

Still missing the point -- the itinerary should price out at 340 -- and even does on delta.com's taxes and fees. No matter how you search for it, it should price out the same. The issue is internal to delta.com. At the very least, the price should be consistent within a specific search (which its not).
That's not right.

For example...a multi-city of LGA-ATL and ATL-MOB is not going to price out the same as LGA-MOB with an ATL connection

Why the price shows up different in the taxes, yes - I agree, that is problem
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Nope, a multi city is not going to price the same as a single trip that has layovers....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.