Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ok, this one takes the cake (another DL.com issue...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ok, this one takes the cake (another DL.com issue...)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
That's not right.

For example...a multi-city of LGA-ATL and ATL-MOB is not going to price out the same as LGA-MOB with an ATL connection

Why the price shows up different in the taxes, yes - I agree, that is problem
Because the taxes are different if you are stopping at an airport (multi city) versus transiting through an airport (layover)
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
Nope, a multi city is not going to price the same as a single trip that has layovers....
Yes, it should, provided that you end up selecting the exact same flights.

Whether I search ORD-PHL round-trip and choose:
Outbound on DL Flight #1111 ORD-DTW connecting to DL Flight #2222 DTW-PHL
Return on DL Flight #3333 PHL-DTW connecting to DL Flight #4444 DTW-ORD

This should price the same as if I searched multi-city and selected the same flights one at a time:
ORD-DTW on Flight #1111
DTW-PHL on Flight #2222
PHL-DTW on Flight #3333
DTW-ORD on Flight #4444

This is how many people fight with DL.dumb to get the flights they want when the round trip search is not displaying the desired results.

The only time this would ever be different is certain scenarios with routing rules and direct flights with a stop. For instance, IMT-FLL allows IMT-DTW-ATL-FLL as a valid routing. However, IMT-DTW makes a stop in ESC and continues on to DTW under the same flight number. If you did a multi-city search for IMT-DTW-ATL-FLL you would be okay and would get the same price as searching for an IMT-FLL round-trip, but if you did a multi-city search for IMT-ESC-DTW-ATL-FLL you would be breaking the fare routing rules.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Because the taxes are different if you are stopping at an airport (multi city) versus transiting through an airport (layover)
Multi-city does not equal stopover. Whether something is a stopover or a layover is determined by the length of the stop.

In the instance I provided, the taxes and fees were exactly the same, but the base fare was wildly different.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
That's not right.

For example...a multi-city of LGA-ATL and ATL-MOB is not going to price out the same as LGA-MOB with an ATL connection

Why the price shows up different in the taxes, yes - I agree, that is problem
In my experience, delta.com can correctly price out combined multi-city itineraries to the roundtrip fare.

Glad that we agree that no matter how it should price out, that at the very least it should be internally consistent for whatever search one does.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
HUH - I don't follow your gripe. I get $340.20....took a snapshot, but don't know how to load that on here
  1. save the snapshot to your computer as a .jpg, .gif, .tif, or .png file
  2. upload the photo to a site like photo photobucket.com. It's free.
  3. then when you reply to a post, use an [IMG] tag to embed your photo in your post.

Here you go Mr Happiness - it's pretty small, but you can see...still $340.20 on delta.com

http://flyertalk.com/forum/members/f...ure3118-dl.jpg

Seems like it's Boo GBADGER Boo
The above link to a jpeg at FT albums could be embedded with the following:

[IMG]http://flyertalk.com/forum/members/flyao2-albums-picture-picture3118-dl.jpg[/IMG]

And here is what's rendered.....

Be careful. Resizing an image is disabled with the PHP BBcode processor on FlyerTalk. With BBcode the IMG tag could read [IMG=100x85] ("make the image 100 pixels wide by 85 pixels high"). But this barfs on the FT forum. So whatever size your image is will be the size displayed in the post so a REALLY big image will look horrendous and a really small image will remain really small.

So one might want to re-size the image before uploading it to a server. I suggest nothing wider than 750px.

If you want the image to be clickable and take the viewer to another URL, simple wrap the IMG tag in a URL tag:

[URL="http://google.com"][IMG]http://flyertalk.com/forum/members/flyao2-albums-picture-picture3118-dl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by GBadger
Multi-city does not equal stopover. Whether something is a stopover or a layover is determined by the length of the stop.

In the instance I provided, the taxes and fees were exactly the same, but the base fare was wildly different.
You are determined to be right so I'll bow out!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
You are determined to be right so I'll bow out!
Sounds like he's determined to cut through the instant defense of Delta that so many here partake in and back it up with photographic evidence.

I have to take him at his word that the screen captures are not digitally altered (and I should hope none of the kool-aide drinkers are that cynical). So given that, Delta.com certainly did have an issue for him, which means it's only a matter of time before it has an issue for you.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:15 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I recently was in the booking process of a domestic ticket. Price was good. Went all the way thru the ticketing steps - Oops, sorry, the price is now $XXX higher! WDF?!?! Rinse, repeat - - same exact thing!

Went to Kayak. Chose the same itinerary that priced right. Kayak then TAKES YOU TO Delta.com!!! Priced right. Went thru ALL OF THE SAME EXACT STEPS - - AND IT TICKETS!!!!! Go figure!!!

Don't forget that DL is offering that free webinar - or something - on how a large corporation should run it's website!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.