Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New TSA Trusted Traveller Program Test w/DL and AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold

Just received this email from DL:

Dear pbjag

We want to keep you - one of our most frequent flyers - up to date on the latest information from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

As you may have heard, TSA will be conducting a number of trials this fall that test modified screening procedures for some passengers traveling through select security checkpoints within the U.S. We will be cooperating with TSA as they begin a trial in our Atlanta and Detroit hubs at select checkpoints.

During the first phase of testing, certain frequent fliers and members of Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS Trusted Traveler programs who are U.S. citizens will be eligible to participate in this trial which could qualify them for expedited screening.

TSA will determine eligibility for inclusion in the trial on a per-flight-segment basis and does not guarantee that you would receive expedited screening on future travel. To be considered, you will be required to opt in for this trial. Details on the opt-in process will follow in future communications.

We appreciate your patience while TSA tests these adjustments to their screening process that ultimately may expedite the screening for airline passengers and improve your travel experience.

For more information and the latest updates, please visit tsa.gov.

This article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/07/14...sted.traveler/ indicates the program will be tested with DL in DTW and ATL

Last edited by pbjag; Jul 14, 2011 at 3:44 pm
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I have GE and would sign on if they would test small markets like OKC.

Edited to say I got the email as well but didn't think that meant anything.

Last edited by Xeno; Jul 15, 2011 at 6:02 am
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Going to have to fly up to SFO next weekend to sign up for GE then...
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
This is the first announcement from the TSA that I have ever been pleased about. I have GE, but my home airport unfortunately does not. Still be great to be eligible in the airports which do.

Last edited by pbjag; Jul 14, 2011 at 5:00 pm
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
I think I will wait to see what expedited means!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I just got The Letter.

MSP based, and currently PL.

I'll probably sign up, but have some reservations (no pun intended).

Romelle
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by Romelle
I just got The Letter.

MSP based, and currently PL.

I'll probably sign up, but have some reservations (no pun intended).

Romelle
They need to give like 50k peso signup bonus imo
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Got the same email. Wonderful news. For those of you who are thinking about Global Entry, you probably want to apply ASAP. Earlier in the year processing time for the background checks were as short as a week. AMEX Platinum came out with a benefit around Mar/Apr to credit back the $100 application fee and it seems like there was a spike in applications. My wife and I applied in April and our background checks took close to a month. With this new program, I could definitely see another jump in applications, lengthening the processing times and waits for appointments. For more info on the application process and other details this thread is a good place to look:

Is Global Entry worthwhile?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
MCO based, and just got the email.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL,AA SPG Plat
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
They need to give like 50k peso signup bonus imo
If it works well I would be willing to give them 50K SM. This could save dozens of hours a year. However, given the fact that the TSA has a toxic touch I would not be shocked if it had no impact.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: DM MM
Also got the note from Delta.

I have NEXUS already, DTW is my base - I am opt'ing in

I wonder what "expedited screening" really is going to be. My wish list:
1. get to keep shoes on
2. don't have to take laptop out of bag
3. don't have to take liquids out of bag
4. no nude-o-scan

Basically, just set you roller bag and briefcase on the x-ray, walk thought the metal detector and grab your stuff on the other side and go.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
We've been conditioned to think of long, intrusive security procedures as normal. While still detestable, at least the status quo with little chance of it going away. That's why when we see something like this come along it seems so appealing... but biometrics are an intrusion equally as dangerous as suspicionless searches, body scans, pat-downs, etc... and perhaps even more dangerous in my opinion.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by javabytes
We've been conditioned to think of long, intrusive security procedures as normal. While still detestable, at least the status quo with little chance of it going away. That's why when we see something like this come along it seems so appealing... but biometrics are an intrusion equally as dangerous as suspicionless searches, body scans, pat-downs, etc... and perhaps even more dangerous in my opinion.
+1
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I got the email also. MSP based, PM, no GE. Maybe I can be in the control group that doesn't already have GE?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I'm LAX based and have GE (and got the email) but the parental units live in ATL so I am there often and would opt in if they let me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.