Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Webcast: Delta Air Lines Shares Best Practices for Becoming a Top Performing Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Webcast: Delta Air Lines Shares Best Practices for Becoming a Top Performing Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 1MM

You have just got to love this:

Thursday | July 21, 2011 | 1PM EST
Delivering a fast and reliable website is critical to achieving business results. Research shows that a one second delay in website load time decreases conversions by 7%. That is quite significant when you are Delta Air Lines.

What You Will Learn:
Our featured speaker, Faiz Ahmad, Director of eCommerce Channels at Delta Air Lines, will share Delta's best practices for maintaining a top performing website that achieves their business goals.

Join Delta's Ahmad and Compuware's performance expert, Matt Poepsel, to learn:
  • About the impact of web performance on customer experience and business goals
  • How Delta Air Lines integrates performance metrics to overall website success metrics
  • How marketing and IT at Delta work together to optimize customer experience
  • Best practices for improving your own customer experience without slowing down your site

REGISTER NOW

Faiz Ahmad, Director of eCommerce Channels, Delta Air Lines
Faiz Ahmad manages the eCommerce channels across delta.com, mobile, kiosk, social commerce and the associated digital customer experiences at Delta. In this role, he's responsible for driving increased transactions, delivering an exceptional digital travel experience and achievement of corporate objectives. Faiz manages the eCommerce business initiatives from conception to implementation to delivery with quantifiable results. He oversees a team of marketing professionals responsible for the development and implementation of the product roadmap, product strategy, day to day management and oversight of the eCommerce channels working closely with Delta's leadership team, other areas of the marketing organization and the technology team to deliver and produce results that improve Delta's customer experience.

Matt Poepsel, VP Performance Strategies, Compuware
Matthew Poepsel leads the APM Strategic Services team for Compuware Corporation and has worked in the Web performance management field since 1999. In his time at Gomez and later Compuware, Matt has worked with Internet teams from leading brands including Amazon, Best Buy, Expedia, and USA Today. Matt is a recognized expert on Web performance management including web optimization, SLA management, and what's required to build a performance culture. Today, Matt is responsible for the Gomez benchmarking service as well as thought leadership and educational offerings.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by tgtg
You have just got to love this:
+1

All we need is another website as "good" and "efficient" and well designed and user friendly as delta.dumb

<lol>

Bob H
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
This is kind of like hiring Casey Anthony to be the keynote at a conference on Child Care...
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
This is a joke... Isn't it???
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Actually, I think DL does reasonably well in social commerce. Agree, however, that the rest of the digital experience at DL is disappointing, and that is being kind.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
A presentation on Risk Management by Dick Fuld comes to mind
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by localady
This is a joke... Isn't it???
Delta IT? Yes. The webinar is for real...

-=tg=-
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Anyone want to register to attend?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
I, too, thought this was a joke.

Well, I guess it is, in a way...
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Irony is alive and well.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I think this was advertised next to a "How to Retire with Grace" webinar hosted by Brett Favre...
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Someone needs to register for this and see if we can get Mr. Ahmad's corporate email address. Then we can start bombarding him with emails every time delta.com has a massive FAIL.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

"...will share Delta's best practices for maintaining a top performing website that achieves their business goals. "

Apparently, delta.bomb works just the way they want it...seems their goals are simply not aligned with their customers'.

-=tg=-
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Deemus7
I think this was advertised next to a "How to Retire with Grace" webinar hosted by Brett Favre...
or Mel Gibson's "Anger Management and tolerance" webinar.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I added it to my schedule and I am planning to join live

I would have a lot of input to add,

About the disappearing fares and error fares,
About the seat assignments that are not stick,
About the revert to beginning when one modifies one flight,
About the award calendar,

I even have several screenshot saved... my favorite is "How many ways do you have to get error #999"??!??!

I call every FT to attend as well and ask the serious questions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.