Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Summer Promo: Upgrade to BE for 1/2 Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC

Could be a nice deal for those planning intl travel this summer and using miles to UG. As always, note the T&C's, especially fare restrictions and that travel must be booked and completed by 8/31/11 to qualify....

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_mi...TLUPGUPG-A-A-A
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
So I do a random check JFK-MAD in August. M-fare $3,024.00 AI. Business S is $2,414.00. I'm sure some fares might make sense, but otherwise what a worthless and empty promotion.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by number21
So I do a random check JFK-MAD in August. M-fare $3,024.00 AI. Business S is $2,414.00. I'm sure some fares might make sense, but otherwise what a worthless and empty promotion.
For the same reason my SWUs sit in the drawer collecting dust - this promo is garbage
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:59 pm

I am all over this! Myself and my 13 and 17 year old boys (both of them are GM too!) are flying to MNL in Aug., getting back the 30th--the day B4 the promo ends! Boys, welcome to BE on the 20+ hour flight from DTW-MNL! Feet up, and full recline!

Well, feet kind of up and partial recline...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
nevermind...

Last edited by monkeshine; Jun 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm Reason: I did not do what I thought I did so i shouldn't say it is when it maybe isnt
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by number21
Yup. Making this a worthy promotion would be affordable M fares, otherwise it is completely and utterly, useless.

JFK to SIN in M is now up to $4500 RT
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
"To qualify, purchase an Economy Class ticket in Y, B, or M class"

But how about the bargain T class? Yes not much of a bargain considering the price of Y, B, or M class.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
"To qualify, purchase an Economy Class ticket in Y, B, or M class"

But how about the bargain T class? Yes not much of a bargain considering the price of Y, B, or M class.

If you were planning on buying a Y, B, or M class ticket this is good. But I think most folks, including me, find this to be worthless. Even many business travelers who might use their own miles to upgrade will find this worthless if their company requires them to buy the lowest fare.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
What a slap in the face to Medallion members. As aforementioned, you can typically buy a BE fare cheaper than a Y/B/M. If you want to have a promo, do something that is of value to your best customers and doesn't remind them how poor your Int'l upg policy is.

I'd like to meet the marketing genius who came up with this promo and slap the FAIL off their face.

Seriously, DL if you're reading this, fire whoever did this.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL (NW) Silver, UA (CO), AA, AC
Ini addition to the M fares being higher, with this promotion it will cost you miles as opposed to earning them with the discount BE fares. Doesn't make sense unless someone else is paying for those higher fares.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Disappointed, but not surprised. Will DL ever respect the intelligence of its loyalty program members? Sure, I'll pay 1.5 times the D/S/I rates so I can use my miles to upgrade internationally. Go ahead Richard, see where it gets you when you continue to allow pencil-pushing accountant/MBA types who think their customers are stupid to run that program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.