Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Medallion Class (Just Kidding)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Medallion Class (Just Kidding)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
US Army Recognizes My KM Status

Recently took a flight in a Blackhawk between bases for a mission I had to do here in Afghanistan. My trip was "last minute" so I caught a ride on a VIP mission (One-star General traveling to the same base for a site visit). The One-star and his entire entourage got in the first UH-60. I rode in the second, all alone. In other words, they gave me an entire UH-60 "Blackhawk" to myself. Only thing I can attribute it to is the KM tag hanging off my backpack I use when traveling here. Glad that my KM status gets me even better treatment than if I was a General Officer! ^
Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Glad that my KM status gets me even better treatment than if I was a General Officer! ^
Do generals get general planes and privates get private planes?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Recently took a flight in a Blackhawk between bases for a mission I had to do here in Afghanistan. My trip was "last minute" so I caught a ride on a VIP mission (One-star General traveling to the same base for a site visit). The One-star and his entire entourage got in the first UH-60. I rode in the second, all alone. In other words, they gave me an entire UH-60 "Blackhawk" to myself. Only thing I can attribute it to is the KM tag hanging off my backpack I use when traveling here. Glad that my KM status gets me even better treatment than if I was a General Officer! ^

I used to get solo seating in a Grumman S-2 Tracker hopping around places but that was way before KM status - more like USMC status
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Dovster
to borrow a phrase from the Lounge denizens ... "Groan!"
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
I'm a Captain now so does that mean I get to fly it?

BTW Dovster, did they have planes back when you were in the military?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
that's a great story!

about three months before I retired from the AF Reserve, I talked my way onto a C-35 (Army National Guard Cessna Citation) that was taking a three-star from Langley AFB to Dulles

I had flown down to LFI from Ft Belvoir on a Navy C-12 (Super King Air 200) that morning, but it went mechanical at NAS Norfolk before starting the afternoon schedule ... I had seen the C-35 mission on the JOSAC (Joint Operational Support Airlift Center) website, so when the pilot -- a real live Warrant Officer -- walked into the terminal at LFI, I asked if he was willing to accept three passengers on orders ... he called OSA, who basically said "If the general is ok with it we have no problem"

of course it helped that the others were a Navy two-star and his exec (who was on the phone with Southwest trying to get seats on an 8pm ORF-BWI flight when the C-35 pilot arrived)

... BTW Dovster, did they have planes back when you were in the military?
maybe some like this
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
We had fruited planes and, above them, purple mountains' majesty.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a low-altitude operation indeed

Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
We had fruited planes and, above them, purple mountains' majesty.
Like this?

Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Yes.

From what I understand, they were called pterodactyls back then — and you needed Bedrock Medallion status to fly as a passenger on one of them...
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Yes.

From what I understand, they were called pterodactyls back then — and you needed Bedrock Medallion status to fly as a passenger on one of them...
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by SkyBuck
Like this?

Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Is it bad form to sport a KM tag on another airline? What if I am a Crewmember at said airline?

Or should I make a Blue Medallion (there's a hint) card?

-J.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Unfortunately I'll be sporting mine on a UA trip next week. Apparently DL doesn't fly everywhere I need to go, even if I am a KM.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Is it bad form to sport a KM tag on another airline? What if I am a Crewmember at said airline?

Or should I make a Blue Medallion (there's a hint) card?

-J.
Originally Posted by Howste
Unfortunately I'll be sporting mine on a UA trip next week. Apparently DL doesn't fly everywhere I need to go, even if I am a KM.
Not to worry. Your KM status will be recognized everywhere.

caburrito likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.