Delta 744 business class

Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
I've searched and searched and can't find anything that is both clear and recent.

Currently in 74A which appears to be the second seat back on the left-hand side. Any issues with this? Understanding they are all in a pod I tried to choose something that was a few rows back from the bathroom. There are exit rows but not sure how these impact the seats themselves... All UD is open right now except 74K.
The exit row does not impact the seat except: 1) There is no seat in front of you; 2) there is a small table at the top of your seat...cannot really use it for much but you can put the pillow/blanket.

I always choose an exit row. Don't like 73A b/c it is too close to bathroom. 74A though should be fine.

Upside to first rows is food comes first
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
The exit row does not impact the seat except: 1) There is no seat in front of you; 2) there is a small table at the top of your seat...cannot really use it for much but you can put the pillow/blanket.

I always choose an exit row. Don't like 73A b/c it is too close to bathroom. 74A though should be fine.

Upside to first rows is food comes first
Just flew this aircraft yesterday NRT-DTW. The small table says "not for stowage" so I can't understand the advantage of an exit row (I was in 77K). All the seating areas on the UD are the same size so there is really not any advantage to any of them IMHO. Actually, 77K wasn't even in an exit row because you don't have direct access to the exit row.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
Just flew this aircraft yesterday NRT-DTW. The small table says "not for stowage" so I can't understand the advantage of an exit row (I was in 77K). All the seating areas on the UD are the same size so there is really not any advantage to any of them IMHO. Actually, 77K wasn't even in an exit row because you don't have direct access to the exit row.
It's a convenient place to put your bag if you're rummaging in it to find things. Also a great place to put service items when you're done with them and want an FA to pick them up. Not for stowage doesn't mean "Don't ever put anything here".
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Would that warning not be most relevant to take-offs and landing?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Honestly 75A/K may be the seats for me as there is no one directly behind them. I find myself putting my arms up and/or using the back to pull myself up in the 777/764 and that way my fingers aren't grabbing onto the front of someone's seat.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
Would that warning not be most relevant to take-offs and landing?
Yes. However, there are also placards that say a place may not be used for stowage only during taxi, takeoff, and landing, so I would take a "No stowage" placard as a stronger rule.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by mtkeller
It's a convenient place to put your bag if you're rummaging in it to find things. Also a great place to put service items when you're done with them and want an FA to pick them up. Not for stowage doesn't mean "Don't ever put anything here".
Agreed that it was a convenient place for rummaging around my carry-on and also to put newspapers when I was done with them. I mentioned this because someone in another thread said there was a table; I interpreted that as a place you could put things throughout the flight (as in the small table in the 7D seat in the 777).
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Is there a lot of light that comes in from the exit doors? I assume the windows can be closed?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by bmh3s
I've been on 30+ 744 flights over the past few years. 1 A/B is unique for the the slightly forward view you get out of the windows (front windows are angled as the fuselage curves into the nose), but aside from that, I always go for 73 A/B as first choice (upper deck bulkhead with about 6 feet of leg room), then 10 A/B (on lower deck, but approximately 10 feet of leg room), then 77 A/B or J/K (upper deck exits rows, so plenty of room to get out when your seatmate is reclined, but flight attendants are seated facing you during take off and landing). Main downside to upperdeck is slightly smaller overhead bins. But FA will let you put larger bags in the upstairs closet. The window bins on the upperdeck make up for it--plenty of space to store miscellaneous items on longer flights. Enjoy your trip!
The 747's have changed a bit since this post... they are all installed with flat bed seats so your suggestions are out of date. Instead of 2/2 it's now 1/1 on the UD and 1/1 in the forward cabin (except last 2 rows which are 1 / 1 / 1
I prefer 1 A/B to the 2nd BE cabin, more "private" feeling.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
I find 73A, 72K, 77A, and 77K to be my favorite seats as I can place anything I am finished with on the "table" area until the FA's get around to picking it up. Meal trays, drink glasses, newspapers, things of that nature.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:27 am

Is there a lot of light that comes in from the exit doors? I assume the windows can be closed?
I think there's a way they can cover the small windows on the exit doors, but you can't really even see them when you're sitting down. Once you lie down, there's very little of the light that would bug you.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I've searched and searched and can't find anything that is both clear and recent.

Currently in 74A which appears to be the second seat back on the left-hand side. Any issues with this? Understanding they are all in a pod I tried to choose something that was a few rows back from the bathroom. There are exit rows but not sure how these impact the seats themselves... All UD is open right now except 74K.
All the seats up there are nearly identical except perhaps the first 2 seats on the left and right which have a small area of storage on the top of the seats. You will be fine.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:17 pm

Is the upper deck exit row seat on the new lie flat configuration any louder due to it's proximity to the door as far as getting sleep is concerned?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mojo2121
Is the upper deck exit row seat on the new lie flat configuration any louder due to it's proximity to the door as far as getting sleep is concerned?
I don't think so. I've flown in both 77A and 77K and I didn't experience any noise problems. Moreover, row 76 is really closer to the door, especially when you consider where your ears are in the flat bed position.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think so. I've flown in both 77A and 77K and I didn't experience any noise problems. Moreover, row 76 is really closer to the door, especially when you consider where your ears are in the flat bed position.
I don't notice a noice difference between 77 or 73

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.