Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by AZwldcats
What a difference a browser change does.
Two seperate browsers open at the same time.

Chrome (Which I always Use)

Logged in through Edge (no Miles Option)

$164 This am. Tempted but unsure.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by eastindywalrus
Just called. Only the higher price available. Oh well.
Crappers. Sorry it didn't work out.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AZwldcats
$164 This am. Tempted but unsure.
They have opened up inventory in Z bucket for flight -- J8 C8 D5 I5 Z4
Probably will not go lower than that.

Note that different pricing with different a browser could be due to cookie values saved by browser, not that DL gives different prices to different browsers. Clearing DL cookies or opening in incognito window would check whether this is the case.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by LBJ
They have opened up inventory in Z bucket for flight -- J8 C8 D5 I5 Z4
Probably will not go lower than that.

Note that different pricing with different a browser could be due to cookie values saved by browser, not that DL gives different prices to different browsers. Clearing DL cookies or opening in incognito window would check whether this is the case.
Thanks, I grabbed it.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I took a one way buyup of $251.51 for RDU-SLC-SMF as part of an upcoming round trip. As a gold, it was unlikely that I was going to be upgraded to C+, much less F. The C+ buyup would have been over $150.

Original fare was main cabin "K", the reissued ticket went to "I".

A little more than I wanted to pay since usually "Z" is available this far in advance which would have likely been a buy-up of well under $200 one way, but being that I am going to be working all day (on a Saturday) then heading straight to the airport to fly home, I took the "bird in hand" approach versus waiting out to see if Z opened up later.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Offered $497 buy up offer for ATL-SAN, or $293 VPS-ATL-SAN. Ignored both so far and am holding out for a RUC.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
Sometimes I miss her...

Old May 10, 2019, 6:47 pm

After jumping on a TPAC FCM to J on the A350 for ~$600RT giving me a total cost of <$2000, DL must think I am feeling quite generous. FCM from SEA-PDX with only two seats occupied each direction: outbound $178, return $608. Astounding!
Old May 10, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by The Situation
After jumping on a TPAC FCM to J on the A350 for ~$600RT giving me a total cost of <$2000, DL must think I am feeling quite generous. FCM from SEA-PDX with only two seats occupied each direction: outbound $178, return $608. Astounding!
Haven't you always wanted to pay $608 for a PDB and a quick pass of the snack basket for a 30 minute flight? haha
Spiff, KenTarmac and strickerj like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT DM
$119 for buy up on MSP-RDU. Took it both ways. The other leg on that trip is too short to warrant a buy up. This is not a common route for me, but if it’s even close to the 2:44 listed it’s worth it (to me). If not, well, a few more MQM and MQD never hurt.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
$139 for MSY-ATL-RDU next week. I really thought about it because that's not a terrible price but it's a work trip, I bill a flat fee and pay travel expenses out of it and couldn't justify the lost profit.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
TPAC FCM to J for $600 RT? That might be the lowest price for Delta One the forum has ever seen! Congrats!

What route, if I may ask? How empty was the Delta One cabin, and was the offer made in advance of, or during the check in process?
Old May 14, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
TPAC FCM to J for $600 RT? That might be the lowest price for Delta One the forum has ever seen! Congrats!

What route, if I may ask? How empty was the Delta One cabin, and was the offer made in advance of, or during the check in process?
LAX-HND. 23 empty seats on the outbound and 8 on the return. Offer was presented in the seat map immediately after I booked the ticket. Price for booking J at booking was a little over $3,000 which is a bit more than I am willing to pay. Looking at other FCM offers from PE, it appears $300OW is not too far out of line although a little lower than normal.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had to book a fairly last minute LGA-RDU for Thursday. Paid $170 or so for the U fare. Well inside the window and the upgrade hasn't cleared and the seatmap shows just one seat left in F which Delta wants...$44 for.

I bit.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
LAX-HND. 23 empty seats on the outbound and 8 on the return. Offer was presented in the seat map immediately after I booked the ticket. Price for booking J at booking was a little over $3,000 which is a bit more than I am willing to pay. Looking at other FCM offers from PE, it appears $300OW is not too far out of line although a little lower than normal.
Thanks! It makes a little more sense from PS/PE to J. How much was your PE ticket roundtrip / were you in G class, or a higher class, initially? Did it rebook into Z?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.