Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
I just splurged and spent the 26,800 miles for RDU-MSP-SFO. This seems like a good deal. This is also my first FCM upsell.

I'm assuming my ticket will be treated like a FC revenue ticket where I can SDC to any FC seat that day, right? (I realize that there are routing restrictions. I might change it to a later flight or earlier flight, for example.)

Also, I get the extra MQMs, right?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Is it time to start a Basic Economy Monetization thread?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I just splurged and spent the 26,800 miles for RDU-MSP-SFO. This seems like a good deal. This is also my first FCM upsell.

I'm assuming my ticket will be treated like a FC revenue ticket where I can SDC to any FC seat that day, right? (I realize that there are routing restrictions. I might change it to a later flight or earlier flight, for example.)

Also, I get the extra MQMs, right?
That seems like a good value to me. You get the MQM's but not MQD's
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by MarkP24
That seems like a good value to me. You get the MQM's but not MQD's
Awesome! As I look through my ticket receipt, my upgraded segments still show as the original fare class. If I make a SDC, will my ticket be treated like a FC revenue ticket? Or, is this going to be one of those HUACA situations with SDC after an RUC has been cleared, for example?

Last edited by UVAhoo06; Mar 22, 2019 at 4:26 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
BOS-LAS this Sunday, offered to upgrade to F for $235 or 21,900 miles. Kind of tempted to burn some miles, but right now I'm in C+ with an empty seat next to me. Might wait until T-24 to see if that fills up (flight is pretty open overall).

Honestly, C+ with an empty middle seat is comfortable enough for me. And who knows, maybe the upgrade list to F won't be 30+ people deep like it usually is out of Boston.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
imo, by T-24 the chances of that or an equally appealing FCM offer will be almost zero
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
earlier today I booked SEA-DTW-IAD/DCA-JFK-SEA via Concur

C+ upgrades processed about half an hour later, so I opened the PNR in the iOS app to change seats ... the FCM offer was $713 or 66300 SkyMiles ... did a dummy booking of the same flights, and saw a pre-purchase offer of $435
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
imo, by T-24 the chances of that or an equally appealing FCM offer will be almost zero
Yeah, definitely rolling the dice as to whether that middle seat will remain open once they process the Silvers into C+. Fingers crossed!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
On checkin last night for MSP-LHR, ~$900 to D1 from main cabin
mot29 and Duke787 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I’d have grabbed that.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Originally Posted by mot29

I’d have grabbed that.
I would be tempted to buy it, depending on what time the flight left Minneapolis. Is this an early flight, meaning sleep is pretty difficult, or is it a late-night departure? I suppose it would also depend on the aircraft. That's like $125 an hour for a seat in Delta One.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I would be tempted to buy it, depending on what time the flight left Minneapolis. Is this an early flight, meaning sleep is pretty difficult, or is it a late-night departure? I suppose it would also depend on the aircraft. That's like $125 an hour for a seat in Delta One.
Tonights flight DL 10, 6PM departure. I stupidly didnt grab it, and for the of me i couldnt get it to come up again, nor could DL. So i just used miles instead
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by alanstar
BOS-LAS this Sunday, offered to upgrade to F for $235 or 21,900 miles. Kind of tempted to burn some miles, but right now I'm in C+ with an empty seat next to me. Might wait until T-24 to see if that fills up (flight is pretty open overall).

Honestly, C+ with an empty middle seat is comfortable enough for me. And who knows, maybe the upgrade list to F won't be 30+ people deep like it usually is out of Boston.
A non-rev or BE customer will fill that empty seat next to you so I would pay that amount.

happens all the time.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by alanstar

Originally Posted by jrl767
Agreed. I would take it!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981

A non-rev or BE customer will fill that empty seat next to you so I would pay that amount.

happens all the time.

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Agreed. I would take it!
The upgrade price at T-24 did go a bit, to ~25k miles. I passed, and we'll see if I regret it or not. Currently at T-12, and there's still 14 open C+ seats, including three windows. Plus 53 more empty seats in back, including entire exit rows.

Still, I should have just pulled the trigger. Dammit, I deserve it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.