Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: LH, DL
Works for me

Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
Thoughts on $117.18 to upgrade SLC-ORD on a 319?
I took this offer since

1) this covers the amount I’m going to be short this year
&
2) $117 for a “scheduled” 3 hr 33 minute flight compares favorably with offers for my most frequent LAX <-> MSP flight of 3 hr 34 minutes with consistent offers of C+ upgrade $119 and F upgrade $ 532
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GMTmin8

I took this offer since

&
2) $117 for a “scheduled” 3 hr 33 minute flight compares favorably with offers for my most frequent LAX <-> MSP flight of 3 hr 34 minutes with consistent offers of C+ upgrade $119 and F upgrade $ 532
Makes sense
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:19 am

I took this offer since

&
Thanks, I'll consider it seriously.

I was also thinking that I used to gladly pay AA $90 to upgrade on LGA-ATL and DCA-ORD flights that were 60-90 minutes shorter than ORD-SLC, although back then I needed a wider seat and I don't really need one now.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
$649 for international second-class (aka premium economy or, as Delta calls it, premium-select), is definitely worth it.
Oh, I'm definitely considering it. In fact, I just checked again today and the price is now down to $599, which makes it really tempting. Unfortunately the 2 seaters on the side of the plane are gone if I go for it, I'll risk booking the aisle seats in the middle and hope no one books the middle. The return NRT>SEA is $463, but the value proposition of ATL>NRT is better.

Originally Posted by Eddie98
how did you get that? on the app or web? I'm flying DTW-NGO in about 2 weeks and keep waiting for something like this. All I get ATL-DTW. I don't know if I would pay that or not.
On the web, but also seen on the app. There are a lot of PE seats open.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Eddie98
how did you get that? on the app or web? I'm flying DTW-NGO in about 2 weeks and keep waiting for something like this. All I get ATL-DTW. I don't know if I would pay that or not.
Has anyone else gotten FCM offers for international? I'm in C+ DTW-AMS late April and was wondering if any offers to move up would come.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by tearex
Oh, I'm definitely considering it. In fact, I just checked again today and the price is now down to $599, which makes it really tempting. Unfortunately the 2 seaters on the side of the plane are gone if I go for it, I'll risk booking the aisle seats in the middle and hope no one books the middle. The return NRT>SEA is $463, but the value proposition of ATL>NRT is better.
Not necessarily. Most people flying to Asia, at least those who want to avoid jet-lag, don't sleep on the outbound. The return is when sleep is more valuable. So, $463 might just be worth it, unless you have an exit row economy-class (third-class) seat.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Not necessarily. Most people flying to Asia, at least those who want to avoid jet-lag, don't sleep on the outbound. The return is when sleep is more valuable. So, $463 might just be worth it, unless you have an exit row economy-class (third-class) seat.
No disagreement on this. It is a leisure trip for us, with a weekend of recovery time on the return, and we have aisle seats in Y, so, of less value.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by JTE458
Has anyone else gotten FCM offers for international? I'm in C+ DTW-AMS late April and was wondering if any offers to move up would come.
I am hoping for this but think it is unlikely. DTW-JFK-EDI and back in Mid-April, C+ going East (award ticket). I have a FCM offer of ~$500 for DTW-JFK (lolz) and that's it.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by griffy208
$500 for DTW-JFK
And I thought $600 for DCA-SLC was absurd...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
SAT to ATL for $106. Flight is just over 2 hours. I'm leaning toward hoping for a complimentary upgrade.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: LH, DL
ATL - PHL $117

PHL - ATL $412

Both on MD-90 for 2 hour flight.
I’ve been following a number of flights. It seems so random.
I miss last year’s ATL-LAX $300ish prices.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
LGA - MCI $95
I jumped on this one. It's a flight blocked at 3.5 hours and almost a guarantee to have an ATC delay.
apodo77 and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ATL - PHL $117

PHL - ATL $412

Both on MD-90 for 2 hour flight.
I’ve been following a number of flights. It seems so random.
I miss last year’s ATL-LAX $300ish prices.
What is the fare bucket availability for revenue tickets in the FC buckets (J/C/D/I/Z). The pricing for the upgrades seems to correlate with revenue bucket availability from what I've seen. When prices go up, there is often no availability in the lower buckets and I've seen pricing go back down if they open up availability in the lower buckets again.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
And I thought $600 for DCA-SLC was absurd...
How about SRQ>ATL>LAX ~60 days out, $1535 cash or 142,800 miles, nothing on the way out there...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by JTE458
I'm still waiting for my FCM from DTW-NGO offer. My offer from ATL-DTW went up to $505

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.